El DerbyCo

roboto

14 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Thanks.  Lots of dodging bullets comments (in a very lemming like fashion) but I quite liked this one:

"comparing Derby to us . they have a modern ground ,training facilities 1st rate , they have  some sellable players . taking the love out of our club out of it , if he bid 30 million for us then Derby would be worth 100 million. am a far wrong?"

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I guess we wait and see, but I can't stress how much I REALLY didn't want to see this come to fruition.

I really don't like the idea of a guy who is openly far right, with limited cash of his own, coming in to become the figure head of a unknown consortium. A 29-year-old at that. 

This very much looks like a nail in the coffin to me, rather than anything I can be optimistic about. If you're anything but concerned then I would really like to know what you know, because this is a bigger red flag than the fake Shiekh in my opinion. 

How dare you..... us 29 year olds are the best of the best and if someone would just give us a chance to run a football club we would show you all up. 

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I understand that and I get his views may upset people but ive seen people say they wont turn up or buy tickets whilst he is in charge which I dont get. Yes if you dont like his views then so be it but you may not like the views of the keeper you just cheered saving a penalty or the random fan you spoke to in the queue for a burger so why let it stop you supporting the club?

Look, I'm not saying I want the bloke out or even that he has right wing views. All I am saying is that, in general, I was often aghast to see how quickly Man City fans just blindly ignored Shinawatra's ill doings just because he threw some money at the club. I'm not saying, repeat I'm not saying, Alonso is that guy but I am saying it wouldn't sit comfortably with me if any owner of Derby had extreme political views (tbh - in pretty much any direction).

As for it being a keeper, depends what his views were - if he thought ginger birds stunk of wee then I probably couldn't get too exercised over it, if he thought selling arms to Yemen was a good thing I might be a little more animated.

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

No I am not but I am from an Indian family who support other religions but even if Alonso is against these religions too I wouldnt feel aggrieved unless he did something within his power to aggrieve me but I would like to think as a fan base if Alonso came in and said right no muslim, sikh, gay season ticket holders that majority of fans would boycott the games.

That is the sort of answer I like. I think a lot of the time a lot of people (on all sides of arguments) are just diving in to shout the loudest. If we can all take time to think about a calm and measured response then that would help in the understanding a lot.

My main concern is that he is/was an active member of this Vox political party, so likely shares a lot of views that I personally don't. This wouldn't be a real concern if he'd cast a vote a few times, but he is/was (I'm not sure currently) a full member who stood for senate. I sincerely hope he doesn't bring those ideologies with him in whatever role he might be playing at DCFC now or in the future.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Look, I'm not saying I want the bloke out or even that he has right wing views. All I am saying is that, in general, I was often aghast to see how quickly Man City fans just blindly ignored Shinawatra's ill doings just because he threw some money at the club. I'm not saying, repeat I'm not saying, Alonso is that guy but I am saying it wouldn't sit comfortably with me if any owner of Derby had extreme political views (tbh - in pretty much any direction).

As for it being a keeper, depends what his views were - if he thought ginger birds stunk of wee then I probably couldn't get too exercised over it, if he thought selling arms to Yemen was a good thing I might be a little more animated.

What have you got against armless Yemenis?

1 minute ago, roboto said:

That is the sort of answer I like. I think a lot of the time a lot of people (on all sides of arguments) are just diving in to shout the loudest. If we can all take time to think about a calm and measured response then that would help in the understanding a lot.

My main concern is that he is/was an active member of this Vox political party, so likely shares a lot of views that I personally don't. This wouldn't be a real concern if he'd cast a vote a few times, but he is/was (I'm not sure currently) a full member who stood for senate. I sincerely hope he doesn't bring those ideologies with him in whatever role he might be playing at DCFC now or in the future.

Absolutely spot on mate, I think every fan will be hoping the same.

To lighten the uninformed speculation somewhat, is there a consensus view as to whether it would be preferable for the backers to be Thai or Indonesian? 

I thought perhaps a Thai backed redevelopment of Bubbles into the "dcfc relaxation and health regeneration zone" would go down well with supporters. If it is the Indonesian backers there's some pretty rich ones available ?

10 minutes ago, JfR said:

The "Indonesian backers" theory is based on the fact that last year it was reported that he'd approached Sheffield Wednesday backed by an Indonesian consortium. It's possible, but not confirmed, that the takeover here involves the same group.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/erik-alonso-wednesday-Derby-takeover-20057316

Saves me repeating it.  Understand that he was an interest in an Indonesian football club, has dual Spanish Indonesian nationality and the consortium previously pulled together was majority Indonesian (some Thai).  It's seems logical that the same group of money men are involved although I have no incontrovertible evidence

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

To lighten the uninformed speculation somewhat, is there a consensus view as to whether it would be preferable for the backers to be Thai or Indonesian? 

I thought perhaps a Thai backed redevelopment of Bubbles into the "dcfc relaxation and health regeneration zone" would go down well with supporters. If it is the Indonesian backers there's some pretty rich ones available ?

Maybe a North Korea or Myanmar vibe to distract us from the other issues.