El DerbyCo

roboto

(these are just my thoughts on the matter, which aren't worth any more than anyone else's - i'm not looking to start a political debate on a Derby fans forum!).

I studied a bit about Vox at Uni a few years ago. Obviously, i'm not an expert on Spanish politics, but I can say that his association with them does concern me, and I do think some things are bigger than football. There isn't really an exact UK equivalent - their views are far more extreme than UKIP but they aren't proponents of fascism like the NF or BNP. 

A quick skim of the internet revealed that their leader called for another Reconquista of the Muslim population in Spain in 2019 - for anyone who knows their Spanish history, this is pretty awful. 

I've seen some people point out that there wasn't this much outrage over the Shiekh, which is fair, but I would say this is slightly different in that we know for a fact how Alonso has been involved politically. The Shiekh's history was as unclear as his takeover attempt was.

I've also seen a few 'keep politics out of football', or 'its not his politics that matters' posts. I respect that for some, it is simple to separate the morality of happenings around football from the sport itself. But for me, and presumably others, it isnt that simple and these things matter. The club represents the fans and the city, meaning that in a way the owner does too.

The sad thing is, it really doesn't matter if we are concerned or not. This appears to be going ahead and that's that. All we can hope is that he keeps whatever views he has out of Derby.

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Seen stuff saying he has people like luis Figo on his books? Any reports on this?

Listed as a client of No Limits Sports Agency on Transfermarkt, alongside some other recognisable names (Ruben Sosa, Roberto Carlos, Youri Djorkaeff, Mark Bowen, Jon Flanagan), though it should be noted that Transfermarkt does occasionally have mistakes on it
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/no-limits-sports-agency/beraterfirma/berater/5285
Alonso and Tajinder Sumal are both listed as staff

relax everyone.

There’s no way Uncle Mel will sell us to some dodgy right-wing Spanish fraudster. 

And the EFL fit and proper persons test will be pretty rigorous too.

Came a bit out of the blue this really didn’t it, trying to get my head round why somebody would want to commit to buying a club that could well be relegated in a months time.

The bloke absolutely screams amateur hour, the fact he’s already been turned into a meme on twitter doesn’t exactly bode well. 

The big question though is where is the money coming from? The athletic are reporting that the club has been bought outright with no debt or borrowing involved, so somebody’s got some money. Have to see how this unravels I guess, certainly doesn’t fill me with confidence mind.

Not one opinion posted on here will be given so much as a sideways glance by anybody buying or selling the club, so put your keyboards away and save any faux outrage or outpouring of love for those people around you in the real world ! Have you learned nothing from the Abu Derby waste of a post ! Your opinion means nothing !