El DerbyCo

roboto

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

What the deuce are you talking about? He has the right of reply any time he likes. This is a public forum.

It doesn't need to be a phone call. You could contact him through his Twitter feed or some such thing. It could be, of course, that you're not really concerned about his right of reply and you're just blowing off.

I don’t do toxic Twitter feel sorry for anyone being brainwashed by that social media. If you or anyone else are that concerned about him why don’t you just twit him yourself. 

Surely in a democratic society everyone has a right to free speech and right to reply to their accuses do you have a problem with that?

As for blowing off what happens between me and Mrs C stand in our own bedroom will remain private but you can always PM me not sure Mrs C stand will go for it though.

6 hours ago, jono said:

Well I’d love some tapas stands and some decent red wine. Steaming Paella on a rainy Wednesday night worth a try. Whatever your Brexit position, European food makes plastic American franchise stuff look distinctly none league. Bring on the patatas bravas

Bracing myself for impact ?

Now are we going to be Real Derby County or Atletico Derby County and will sheep heads be thrown at Forest fans ? Ole ole ole ole. 

Muck muck muck!

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So you cut your cloth accordingly.

Which is what we are doing now. But fans will moan about that when they have endure mid table mediocrity (as an aspiration). Remember the Nigel Clough years and protests outside the ground at GSE?! And they ran the club responsibly.

Mel tried to get us out of this league. He’s stood by the club bankrolling it and not walked away until a buyer is in place. He made some big mistakes early on with signings and managerial appointments that has ultimately cost him and us down the line - not helped by ridiculous FFP rules. But he’s done it out of a need of trying to compete with clubs with parachute payments. Right intentions always, yes he’s made some mistakes, yes he’s not immune from criticism but some of the flak he gets is unjustified. 

2 minutes ago, cstand said:

I don’t do toxic Twitter feel sorry for anyone being brainwashed by that social media. If you or anyone else are that concerned about him why don’t you just twit him yourself. 

Surely in a democratic society everyone has a right to free speech and right to reply to their accuses do you have a problem with that?

As for blowing off what happens between me and Mrs C stand in our own bedroom will remain private but you can always PM me not sure Mrs C stand will go for it though.

I think you have deliberately got the wrong end of the stick. Nobody has said he isn't entitled to reply. I have said quite the opposite. You have baulked at my suggestions for getting him on to the forum in order to exercise his right.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Which is what we are doing now. But fans will moan about that when they have endure mid table mediocrity (as an aspiration). Remember the Nigel Clough years and protests outside the ground at GSE?! And they ran the club responsibly.

Mel tried to get us out of this league. He’s stood by the club bankrolling it and not walked away until a buyer is in place. He made some big mistakes early on with signings and managerial appointments that has ultimately cost him and us down the line - not helped by ridiculous FFP rules. But he’s done it out of a need of trying to compete with clubs with parachute payments. Right intentions always, yes he’s made some mistakes, yes he’s not immune from criticism but some of the flak he gets is unjustified. 

Great post. And don't forget it was GSE and Nigel who built our best team in 20 years. It needed Mac in the end to release it's potential yes, but that ownership were pretty effective as well as responsible.

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think you have deliberately got the wrong end of the stick. Nobody has said he isn't entitled to reply. I have said quite the opposite. You have baulked at my suggestions for getting him on to the forum in order to exercise his right.

No I was deliberately trying to highlight your reply made no sense whatsoever in a humorous manner. You are now deliberately trying  to ignore that fact.

2 hours ago, JfR said:

Did he mention another Indonesian bloke before that, a politician with links to the mining industry? I was only half listening because I wasn't expecting Maguire to provide exclusive information.

Ashley Cole on the way back?

Hopefully we don't get shafted. That would be the pits.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Great post. And don't forget it was GSE and Nigel who built our best team in 20 years. It needed Mac in the end to release it's potential yes, but that ownership were pretty effective as well as responsible.

Great to see you turned over a new leaf great post

29 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

He chose to spend HIS CASH, because then as now the "fans" were screaming for new players.

And now he's taking back HIS cash and selling the club to who knows who. What is your point? He was supposed to take care of our club.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And now he's taking back HIS cash and selling the club to who knows who. What is your point? He was supposed to take care of our club.

he is not getting anywhere close to the cash he has loaned the club as I understand it. How much have you put in the club?

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

he is not getting anywhere close to the cash he has loaned the club as I understand it. How much have you put in the club?

What say do I have in how the money is spent and then I'll tell you. Mel took over and spent his own money, not very well, that I was not consulted about.