El DerbyCo

roboto

5 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Mr Morris has put in many tens of millions into the club and continues to bank roll it every month at the moment for no reward and no thanks from the majority on this website. Given the abuse he is getting I for one don't blame him for wanting to bale out, armchair owners like you guys make me sick.

He is not immune from criticism IMO.  I don’t know of anybody on here that doesn’t recognise and welcome his contribution.  But we can’t escape the fact that we currently are on the edge of relegation, under an embargo and no longer own our ground.   If that doesn’t make you feel sick you must have a strong stomach.  It is a crying shame that it hasn’t worked out

6 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Mr Morris has put in many tens of millions into the club and continues to bank roll it every month at the moment for no reward and no thanks from the majority on this website. Given the abuse he is getting I for one don't blame him for wanting to bale out, armchair owners like you guys make me sick.

Well said that man! 
This forum is littered with supposed football finance experts and drama queens...

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I agree, although I would say the number of members giving Mel stick are in the minority....just.

He will want to ensure the club goes into safe custody, as both a rams fan and having put years into it, and a great deal of money.

We don’t know anything about the new owners yet, as Alonso it just the broker I presume. It’s good not to get expectations raised too much as with the mania over the Sheikh and being the next Man City.

Certainly interesting times. Could be a good pre season for once .

8 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Give over.

Are you saying that he reads the comments on here, is so hurt by the criticism (haven't seen a lot of abuse) and so wants to sell because the nasty fans have said bad things?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Give over.

Are you saying that he reads the comments on here, is so hurt by the criticism (haven't seen a lot of abuse) and so wants to sell because the nasty fans have said bad things?

Maybe a bit of respect is due to Mel with all the money he has ploughed into the club and let’s not forget his recent poor health??? Yes he’s made mistakes of course he has and he’d probably be the first to admit that...

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Drop him a line. Get him to come on to the forum. You seem concerned about his right of reply. 

Bizarre how you would think I would have his number also are you saying he has no right to reply to all the allegations put forward by certain posters on this forum would this not violate his human rights?  Or do you chose which human right right you wish to evoke depending on your political view?

Just now, Eaststander7 said:

Maybe a bit of respect is due to Mel with all the money he has ploughed into the club and let’s not forget his recent poor health??? Yes he’s made mistakes of course he has and he’d probably be the first to admit that...

I don't think anybody disrespects what he has tried to do. It's still possible to respect someone and their motives and to be critical of what he has done. 

18 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Lol is Mel Morris the man now sorry for dissing him. Need to show him the proper respect obviously.

21 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

The only reason it still needs bank-rolling to such an amount is because of the money Mel spent. I never asked him to put the future of the club in jeopardy. After the way it ended with Lionel, the 3 Amigos, and then getting the club back on a better financial footing why didn't he carry on that way? He chose to splash the cash. 

Fans trusted him.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

Bizarre how you would think I would have his number also are you saying he has no right to reply to all the allegations put forward by certain posters on this forum would this not violate his human rights?  Or do you chose which human right right you wish to evoke depending on your political view?

What the deuce are you talking about? He has the right of reply any time he likes. This is a public forum.

It doesn't need to be a phone call. You could contact him through his Twitter feed or some such thing. It could be, of course, that you're not really concerned about his right of reply and you're just blowing off.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What the deuce are you talking about? He has the right of reply any time he likes. This is a public forum.

It doesn't need to be a phone call. You could contact him through his Twitter feed or some such thing. It could be, of course, that you're not really concerned about his right of reply and you're just blowing off.

Don't tell the mods, they'll delete it???

41 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'Beggars can't be choosers' seems to be setting as especially low bar. If we are in that position, it's only because Morris is willing to put the club in that position.

Wrong. We are in this position like many other championship clubs because the EFL, The premier League, Sky, BT and others have so skewed the fundamental business, wages and fiscal rules of this sporting contest that it was bound to happen. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Wrong. We are in this position like many other championship clubs because the EFL, The premier League, Sky, BT and others have so skewed the fundamental business, wages and fiscal rules of this sporting contest that it was bound to happen. 

So you cut your cloth accordingly.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only reason it still needs bank-rolling to such an amount is because of the money Mel spent. I never asked him to put the future of the club in jeopardy. After the way it ended with Lionel, the 3 Amigos, and then getting the club back on a better financial footing why didn't he carry on that way? He chose to splash the cash. 

Fans trusted him.

He chose to spend HIS CASH, because then as now the "fans" were screaming for new players.

My opinion is that I think all on here are going to be disappointed when there will be no cash for a squad rebuild this summer, as the old Chinese proverb says, "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

He chose to spend HIS CASH, because then as now the "fans" were screaming for new players.

My opinion is that I think all on here are going to be disappointed when there will be no cash for a squad rebuild this summer, as the old Chinese proverb says, "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

I'm pretty sure it's from Aesop.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So you cut your cloth accordingly.

And become a beggar amongst beggars. This is not Mels doing. If you can’t see the warped structure that lead to this over the last 15-20 years then I think you lack insight and logic. Anything Mel has done he has payed for in full. Finger pointing at the man man who’s used his piggy bank ( not very well) to try and realise some ambition is churlish. Ok so it didn’t work and the piggy bank is empty but all you bought is a ticket to a game. Mel has probably spent 20% of his net worth. He’s bailing out, I don’t blame him. He tried manfully