El DerbyCo

roboto

Hmm, very interesting... good news that we’re working on an alternative takeover, it’s been clear for months that BZI don’t have a penny to their name. Good to see there’s a few interested parties as well, hopefully one of them will save us and secure the clubs future. Sounds like he, or his backers at least, actually do have the cash to buy a football club and aren’t just a bunch of chancers, so feeling more hopeful about this one. 

Next week seems to finally be the deadline for the Sheikh. Should hopefully see some progress on a takeover soon then, and not before time, the club needs to move on to working with some legitimate buyers.

If the rumours are true about the main BZI backer pulling out at Xmas, if BZI have been speaking to other potential investors at least they also have a deadline to their contacts to say we need the money by this date which if it doesnt happen will probably end any chance of other teams entertaining takeover talks with them ever again.

If nothing happens with BZI at least we can then move on to other interested buyers.

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm really not sure about this at all. This guy looks very unprofessional. I hope Mel knows what he's doing

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/erik-alonso-and-his-bizarre-relationship-sheffield-wednesday-amid-bid-buy-owls-dejphon-chansiri-3128554

All said and done, Mr Morris wants out asap. With the best will in the world he won't be in a position to have any influence on the destiny of DCFC under new ownership. None of the parties negotiating or preparing to make an offer to buy the club inspire one with confidence. 

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Mel apparently said on Radio Derby he has issued an ultimatum to BZI amd he will pull out of the deal if they dont meet his deadline, which based off Percy's tweet is early next week. BZI apparently responded positively to it.

They acknowledged his teams message with a thumbs up.

Why all the bad comments about Alonso , just because he was part of sheff wed and tried to take them over on the cheap but got knocked back by chansri doesnt mean anything . Is there more to it than this or something else other than that as for me I welcome it at the moment . The arabs had failed twice before and I can see a reason for not wanting them but Alonso why the hate plz ???? 

If there are a few different suitors then that's a plus for Mel. BZG are toast, hopefully of the other parties interested there is a decent owner ie group to take us forward. 

As for Mr Alonso, I wouldnt trust a boxing promoter as far as they could be thrown. That sport is as grubby as it gets in the background. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If there are a few different suitors then that's a plus for Mel. BZG are toast, hopefully of the other parties interested there is a decent owner ie group to take us forward. 

As for Mr Alonso, I wouldnt trust a boxing promoter as far as they could be thrown. That sport is as grubby as it gets in the background. 

Well, he might be floored by their offer?