Mason Mount

Carl Sagan

44 minutes ago, YouRams said:

The pure joy on Mounts face at scoring against Madrid for his boyhood club gives you faith in young footballers, not all of them are in it for the money he clearly loves the game. 

Always feel good watching him do well and proud we played a solid part in his development. Rooting for him to achieve as much as possible in his career because of it. He gave his all here after all.

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

His dad is 100% a Portsmouth fan. I seem to remember him talking about being one when we played vs Southampton. 

Think Mount is a Portsmouth fan too. Obviously loves the club he's been at all his life too but pretty sure he's Portsmouth through and through.

Manchester City v Chelsea

Normally I want the team that most manure fans hate to win, in this instance, Utd don't want Citeh to win the Champions League so I'm tempted to go with that.

On the other hand, Chelsea are hated by Leeds fans so a Mount winner would go down very nicely as well. I would post a pic of a pair of binoculars on a Leeds forum in celebration.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I feel privileged to have seen him play for Derby. An absolutely brilliant footballer.

I agree. Not only that, my perception is that he’s got a lovely-lad temperament about him. I can see him being really polite and respectful to the older generations and being a caring son etc. Bet his parents are mega proud. 

just popped into my head that he plays with a smile and an enthusiasm that is endearing. Made me think of Tom Ince and the perception people had/have of him because he’s got a stern look when playing. 

smile and the world smiles with you. 

21 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

mount and foden will run englands midfield for the next 10 yrs. 

both possibly are the best young talent in world football 

I’m not sure about Foden or Grealish for England. 

From the World Cup to the end of Euros qualifying the front three (Kane and two from Sterling, Rashford and Sancho) was blowing teams away with a hard-working midfield allowing them to do so. 

So this raises two questions;

1. Do they get into the front three? 

2. Do they upset the balance of the team if not?

I personally still think we’re missing a Modric/Xavi/Kroos type player. 

Mount gets in every time though. Hard working AND quality. 

12 hours ago, cannable said:

I’m not sure about Foden or Grealish for England. 

From the World Cup to the end of Euros qualifying the front three (Kane and two from Sterling, Rashford and Sancho) was blowing teams away with a hard-working midfield allowing them to do so. 

So this raises two questions;

1. Do they get into the front three? 

2. Do they upset the balance of the team if not?

I personally still think we’re missing a Modric/Xavi/Kroos type player. 

Mount gets in every time though. Hard working AND quality. 

good points. all quality players uv mentioned. even grealish offers something different. lots of quality depth

your point about an world class dcm is also valid. as we know such a difficult position to fill. and if we did i can see us challenging for euros and world cups 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Mount and Tomori commenting on the Derby Instagram account's post, presumably wishing us luck through the language of emojis.

And @Smyth_18 appeared to like the post as well.

Once a ram...

(Apart from Leon Best, he can duck right off)

It’s not much, but how many loan players come through the club and don’t form any real connection with the club/fans.

Both Tomori and Mount have gone on to much bigger things, yet here they are still following our progress. Just makes you want nothing but the best for them even more.

• 3 weeks later...