Mason Mount

Carl Sagan

On 30/05/2021 at 08:59, David said:

Championship to Champions League in a couple of seasons.

He also comes across as a decent lad, went from Lampard’s pet receiving all kinds of abuse, never gave anything back, just got his head down and played.

Chelsea player of the season and Champions League winner. So happy for him. 

54A8C903-2BD0-43D8-8357-3229E01EA7FB.jpeg

A picture that speaks a thousand words. Can't help but love the lad really.

• 4 months later...

First Premier League hat-trick for Mason, albeit including a terrible twice-taken penalty!

When he joined us I put a bet on him to be Championship top scorer but I maintain his injury and then aggravating it by playing against (and being allowed to play against Chelsea) cost him that and cost us automatic promotion. He only missed a month but I felt he wasn't right for a very long period after.

But he will be a great England player and I'm glad we saw him in that Derby shirt in a season which gave us a lot of pleasure.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I went to the match. MM was really good. Stand out performance. But hats off to my third team (after Derby and Orient) for a great performance and had two of the goals due to a dire showing by the Chelsea goalie.

So great to seeing Mason doing so well a fantastic player and a nice bloke but I have to admit I hate Chelsea with a passion. They were never a big club until Abramovich arrived with his big bucks. Just a pity Mason didn't play for someone else. 

Scored again today placing his finger over his lips to the Leeds fans, which was lovely to see.

9 Premier League starts this season, 6 goals and 4 assists.

To think Chelsea fans were vocal in their dislike for him on social media, only playing as he's Lampard's golden boy boy so long ago, ugh. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

When he scored he naturally started going toward the Chelsea fans then seemed to change his mind and went to the Leeds giving it the shush instead.

Top player, top man.

It would have been better if he'd shown the 'Biggles goggles' gesture, but I'll take a goal against the Dirties any day of the week.

• 11 months later...