EFL appeal

Sith Happens

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Simon Jordan not sounding too optimistic about Derby’s outcome with the EFL. Linking financial errors with FFP and possible severe sanctions.

Critical of Mel with the stadium evaluation.

Also critical of Steve McClaren. ‘Christ, some of the things he’s had his hands on...’

And Rooney who in his eyes should not be manager.

Not saying Jordan is infallible but he does have a fairly good take on running football clubs.

Fortunately the stadium valuation is nothing for us or anyone else to be concerned with .. done and dealt with 

Talksport just want listeners and clicks. They don't give a monkey's about accuracy of the stuff they broadcast - in fact they actively spout rubbish to prompt responses.....Jordan is doing what is needed to get a response and get folk to phone in or respond to their twitter feed.....I doubt he actually believes 10% of the stuff he says...

Edited by Gaspode

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Pirate Seafood GIF by Long John Silver'ssays no one when Jordans spouting on Talksport

Tbf he said he talked off air to Mel about the Alonso deal and much of what he said was probably based on that conversation eg Mel wanting out, not having the desire to keep funding us, there not many suitors etc. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Simon Jordan not sounding too optimistic about Derby’s outcome with the EFL. Linking financial errors with FFP and possible severe sanctions.

Critical of Mel with the stadium evaluation.

Also critical of Steve McClaren. ‘Christ, some of the things he’s had his hands on...’

And Rooney who in his eyes should not be manager.

Not saying Jordan is infallible but he does have a fairly good take on running football clubs.

Pretty much opposite of what he was saying a few months back re stadium , Mel and FFP. 

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

Hi Rich, if it seen as lenient then the EFL will appeal so that they can defend themselves against the rest of league by saying that they have exhausted all avenues.  Not sure what lenient actual means though, anything less than 21 points?

I'm hoping it'll be a fine. With a points deduction and possibly very little movement in the transfer market it will be a long, hard season ahead. Sure the EFL are going to push for the maximum that they can get, but if the panel states categorically that the crime doesn't merit a deduction for example then the EFL's hands will be tied. I'm not holding out much hope however.

22 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm hoping it'll be a fine. With a points deduction and possibly very little movement in the transfer market it will be a long, hard season ahead. Sure the EFL are going to push for the maximum that they can get, but if the panel states categorically that the crime doesn't merit a deduction for example then the EFL's hands will be tied. I'm not holding out much hope however.

they will be forced to appeal I suspect

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

I though I saw an interpretation that said we can appeal the sentence but the EFL cannot!

somebody said that on here but without backing. 

I tend to think they are wrong because the EFL had to give permission to LAP to defer their power to impose penalties to the DC.  That's in the DC notes.  Why would the EFL agree to this if they had no appeal they might as well have let the LAP do it

On 20/05/2021 at 15:30, FindernRam said:

I though I saw an interpretation that said we can appeal the sentence but the EFL cannot!

On 20/05/2021 at 15:34, Spanish said:

Somebody said that on here but without backing. 

I tend to think they are wrong 

I think the statement originally came from a press report. Had a quick look at the rules which don’t make easy reading. Did not see anything to suggest efl cannot appeal the sanction. Any other views?

I'm thinking the EFL were banking on putting this whole thing to bed a couple of weeks ago if Rotherham knew how to hold onto a lead.

EFL would have dished out a points 'deduction' to an already relegated Rams, we'd have taken the meaningless punishment and that would have been that.

Edited by Robert Earnshaws Workrate

1 hour ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

I'm thinking the EFL were banking on putting this whole thing to bed a couple of weeks ago if Rotherham knew how to hold onto a lead.

EFL would have dished out a points 'deduction' to an already relegated Rams, we'd have taken the meaningless punishment and that would have been that.

I thought I’d read somewhere that they don’t apply points deduction to already relegated teams for that very reason - it would be a meaningless punishment.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought I’d read somewhere that they don’t apply points deduction to already relegated teams for that very reason - it would be a meaningless punishment.

That's the case with points deductions for administration to stop clubs who are already relegated from going into admin to clear debts. I don't think such a rule has been made for failing P&S, although we're not even being charged with that. Our being guilty of unusual accounting practices falls very much into the EFL making it up as they go methodology. 

The sad thing is the the EFL seem to be punishing us anyway because of all these colossal delays in declaring the results of the enquiry, appeal, panel, etc, which means we have been under transfer embargo several times already. And if this latest outcome isn't made before the transfer window shuts we will have been well and truly punished because we already don't have a squad because of all the out of contract players and all the loan players going back, and us having no time to replace them. We really struggled last season with what passed for a full squad. How can we compete when we could easily have hardly any players available?

Come on EFL, get your finger out.

53 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The sad thing is the the EFL seem to be punishing us anyway because of all these colossal delays in declaring the results of the enquiry, appeal, panel, etc, which means we have been under transfer embargo several times already. And if this latest outcome isn't made before the transfer window shuts we will have been well and truly punished because we already don't have a squad because of all the out of contract players and all the loan players going back, and us having no time to replace them. We really struggled last season with what passed for a full squad. How can we compete when we could easily have hardly any players available?

Totally agree. 

You can't tell me that the EFL hadn't already discussed the punishment in the case of winning the appeal. 

55 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

To be fair to the EFL, this final decision isnt down to them, if reports are true that they want a points deduction applied to the 20/21 season then its in their own interest for this to be resolved quicker and could be us delaying it

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

To be fair to the EFL, this final decision isnt down to them, if reports are true that they want a points deduction applied to the 20/21 season then its in their own interest for this to be resolved quicker and could be us delaying it

How does it help us to delay the decision?