EFL appeal

Sith Happens

53 minutes ago, Spanish said:

The lap said they could impose a penalty however they felt that was unfair as it could not be appealed.  Leaves me with the conclusion that both sides could appeal the DC penalty

I thought both sides made representations to the original commission who decide the penalty. Only the club can appeal that penalty - but then it would be heard by the LAP who were hardly complimentary about our actions, so probably quite risky.

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

I thought both sides made representations to the original commission who decide the penalty. Only the club can appeal that penalty - but then it would be heard by the LAP who were hardly complimentary about our actions, so probably quite risky.

Read the LAP findings the answer is there

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I've tried to keep up but I don't understand most of it!!

A couple of questions if anyone can enlighten me.

Which managerial/spending era are we in hot water over with our amortisation policy?

As we still haven't published our most recent accounts will we get penalised again as when they are surely the same amortisation policy has been used?

1 minute ago, rad1919 said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I've tried to keep up but I don't understand most of it!!

A couple of questions if anyone can enlighten me.

Which managerial/spending era are we in hot water over with our amortisation policy?

As we still haven't published our most recent accounts will we get penalised again as when they are surely the same amortisation policy has been used?

Our amortisation policy changed in 2015/16, so the period in question on the current charge is 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.

Assume we can not be charged for the same thing twice. Dependent on the outcome, the EFL will probably request that we submit all accounts using the straight line method.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our amortisation policy changed in 2015/16, so the period in question on the current charge is 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.

Assume we can not be charged for the same thing twice. Dependent on the outcome, the EFL will probably request that we submit all accounts using the straight line method.

And so it will rumble on ,  look out for the light at the end of the tunnel  .......it's not what you think !

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Would it be to much to ask of our Auditors that they issue a statement along the lines of "We stand by our decision to sign-off the accounts of DCFC as both accurate and compliant with FRS 102"

I mean their professionalism and competency has been seriously called into question here.

Why on earth would they  issue a public statement? just to keep you and the twitterati (or should that be twatterati) happy?

If they feel their reputation has been damaged in any way, I'm sure they will be more than happy to take the correct course of action which is to speak to their lawyers and if necessary, take legal action. Public statements are not the way for them to handle it and would almost certainly have a detrimental impact on any action they choose to take....

18 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

...Which leads me to assume you actually know what this light at the end of the tunnel is, but you’d prefer to keep it to yourself, correct ?

Yes ......it's a burning  TRAIN  coming the other way!!  ??

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So Alan Nixon who helped fan the flames of our demise and impending relegation with his reporting and vague tweets is now saying we were fine all along? 

On 14/05/2021 at 12:36, G STAR RAM said:

With the EFL involved we can’t really assume anything 

On 13/05/2021 at 15:31, Pearl Ram said:

Oh you would know if they were to post on here. One in particular makes that Kevin McGuire is it ? the one credited with blowing the whistle on us to the EFL, look like Andy Pandy.

Would your caveat also apply should someone point out to you they thought your reply condescending and asked you politely to refrain from quoting them in the future ?

And it’s Ade Edmundson by the way.

Oops, my attempts were not supposed to be condescending!