EFL appeal

Sith Happens

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How does it help us to delay the decision?

If there is any chance the point deduction can apply to the season just gone the longer the decision takes to happen the less likely it is to apply to this season

16 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

The sad thing is the the EFL seem to be punishing us anyway because of all these colossal delays in declaring the results of the enquiry, appeal, panel, etc, which means we have been under transfer embargo several times already. And if this latest outcome isn't made before the transfer window shuts we will have been well and truly punished because we already don't have a squad because of all the out of contract players and all the loan players going back, and us having no time to replace them. We really struggled last season with what passed for a full squad. How can we compete when we could easily have hardly any players available?

Come on EFL, get your finger out.

the phrase is

justice delayed is justice denied

Regardless of the outcome, the EFL have lost any credibility to govern the league and if anything, our case has brought out the need to completely rebuild the hierarchy in charge of our division.

When the EFL originally lost the case against Mel and DCFC, the honorable thing to do by the EFL would have been to accept that loopholes in the rules were exposed and used to our advantage, however that is not down to the club being in the wrong. The accounts were signed off. They have taken zero responsibility for their part in this mess and have taken all steps to cover their failings. I am a critic of how Mel has ran the football club however I will back him against these muppets.

If the EFL had questioned our practices at the time, the club would have needed to accept the consequences for breaking rules. This was authorised by the league. If I was at work and I signed off somebody's documentation, I would be the one responsible for any repercussions if there were problems. 

Not fit for purpose.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry cant be bothered to read 100+ pages again - did someone say for any deduction to apply to 2020/21 and put us down it has to happen by the championship season end/ play off final? 

someone said it had to be decided before the final positions were confirmed at the EFL AGM  or similar.  I can't find a ref to that anywhere.  My own thoughts are that any penalty is in relation to an activity that took place before the 20/21 season and the penalty hasn't been decided.  Why should a penalty that is decided on say July 2nd affect a season which has ended?  If either side appeals where does that leave the issue of the fixture lists for 2 divisions for 21/22.  Others disagree.  I can find no guidance on this matter apart from a ref to admin penalty which is not directly comparable

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

someone said it had to be decided before the final positions were confirmed at the EFL AGM  or similar.  I can't find a ref to that anywhere.  My own thoughts are that any penalty is in relation to an activity that took place before the 20/21 season and the penalty hasn't been decided.  Why should a penalty that is decided on say July 2nd affect a season which has ended?  If either side appeals where does that leave the issue of the fixture lists for 2 divisions for 21/22.  Others disagree.  I can find no guidance on this matter apart from a ref to admin penalty which is not directly comparable

It's a bit like all the EFL regulations - vague.

There's no wonder they are forever charging members with this and that!

It's interesting that someone commented that Millwall were found guilt of FFP, in that same season that Forest, Fulham and Bolton were, but they deemed that Millwall were punished enough by relegation. The next season that advantage allowed them to make the play-offs and the season after they were promoted.

Surely, the legality, the unfairness, the inability to follow even their own rules is enough for some lawyer to make mincemeat out of them? If the EFL have signed off the accounts and was aware of this format, at worst a warning, just like they did with Watford, and Wolves who found a way to the Promise Land.

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

It's interesting that someone commented that Millwall were found guilt of FFP, in that same season that Forest, Fulham and Bolton were, but they deemed that Millwall were punished enough by relegation. The next season that advantage allowed them to make the play-offs and the season after they were promoted.

Surely, the legality, the unfairness, the inability to follow even their own rules is enough for some lawyer to make mincemeat out of them? If the EFL have signed off the accounts and was aware of this format, at worst a warning, just like they did with Watford, and Wolves who found a way to the Promise Land.

The truth about Millwall is that they didn’t receive a points deduction because it was deemed they hadn’t gained an advantage as evidenced by the fact that they were relegated anyway. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

The truth about Millwall is that they didn’t receive a points deduction because it was deemed they hadn’t gained an advantage as evidenced by the fact that they were relegated anyway. 

On that basis, we didn't gain an advantage during the seasons in question because we didn't get promoted and we were so far from relegation, that any points deduction wouldn't have been enough to get us relegated.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

On that basis, we didn't gain an advantage during the seasons in question because we didn't get promoted and we were so far from relegation, that any points deduction wouldn't have been enough to get us relegated.

My argument exactly...just what kind of advantage have we gained from doing what we did? If anything we have completely snooker ourselves by buying overpriced chaff and can no longer afford to buy players.

What the EFL seem to be doing is taking a club that is clearly in a poor state and beating it until it breaks. How could they ever claim to be in it for the good of the game.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My argument exactly...just what kind of advantage have we gained from doing what we did? If anything we have completely snooker ourselves by buying overpriced chaff and can no longer afford to buy players.

What the EFL seem to be doing is taking a club that is clearly in a poor state and beating it until it breaks. How could they ever claim to be in it for the good of the game.

Or they may be thinking if they hadn’t done they would have incurred penalties earlier and have been relegated.  

On 23/05/2021 at 20:07, DCFC1388 said:

If there is any chance the point deduction can apply to the season just gone the longer the decision takes to happen the less likely it is to apply to this season

Yes. As we speak the club and the efl are preparing submissions to the IDC about sanctions. It’ll be weeks before we hear anything. Then, when we do, the club can appeal back to the LAP about the sanction. If it’s a points sanction,  we no doubt will appeal and that will also take many weeks. So by the time this is all done, it’ll be too late surely for a points deduction to apply for the season just gone. 
Also possible the new owners will step in like adults and sort out this running sore with the EFL. Hope they do 

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. As we speak the club and the efl are preparing submissions to the IDC about sanctions. It’ll be weeks before we hear anything. Then, when we do, the club can appeal back to the LAP about the sanction. If it’s a points sanction,  we no doubt will appeal and that will also take many weeks. So by the time this is all done, it’ll be too late surely for a points deduction to apply for the season just gone. 
Also possible the new owners will step in like adults and sort out this running sore with the EFL. Hope they do 

All whilst under embargo so we end up not buying a single player to add to our 4th from bottom squad and putting off any form of takeover. 

I maybe mistaken but I thought I read before the initial trial that a points deducted cannot be given upon an appeal only a fine, if guilty first time yes points but as we we found not guilty only a fine or other sanctions but not points. 

16 minutes ago, falconram said:

I maybe mistaken but I thought I read before the initial trial that a points deducted cannot be given upon an appeal only a fine, if guilty first time yes points but as we we found not guilty only a fine or other sanctions but not points. 

I haven't seen that but you'd like to think that there will be little appetite from the body that found us not guilty in the firs place for a harsh punishment. Plus they know that whatever they hand down cannot be appealed by the league. 

All those points would indicate to me a face saving exercise incoming. 

Is there no arbitration option here? 

The longer the delay, the greater the damage to Derby County football club. 

Let's get this plaster ripped off so we know where we are. 

We need someone to bang heads together so we can plan a better future. 

One assumes the EFL wants us to manage the club in a better fashion from now on and perhaps the best way of ensuring that is to allow new ownership. 

I feel sure the delay in settling this business is delaying any possible takeover.