EFL appeal

Sith Happens

On 17/05/2021 at 19:28, kevinhectoring said:

The EFL is not responsible for our accounts The auditors are not responsible for our accounts. The directors are. And if the DC accepts the LAP’s very damning version of our weasel-y conduct, then there’s every chance of a points deduction for breaching the rules by filing non-compliant accounts in a very shabby fashion. 

What do you expect when you hire a complete Wally as your firm's accountant..

Only Fools And Horses Dates GIF

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its pretty obvious that the EFL have nothing to really punish us for, Mel has wound them up about future streaming of live football, he's pushed the system to the limits to meet FFP, he's brought in Lampard and Rooney to the frustration of other owners who would have absolutely done the same if they had the nous.

What they have got is jealous owners like Gibson moaning and snarling in the background putting pressure on them to punish Derby for having the temerity to play the system slightly better than they have.

Villa, Leeds, QPR, Watford, Wolves, Leicester etc, etc, etc, have all cheated and beaten the system over the years and now the EFL have been pressurised into making us the scapegoat. The only problem has been proving that we have done owt wrong.

Our accounts must be the most scrutinised of all time yet all they've got is a subsection about player amortisation that probably makes very little difference in the great scheme of things.

If they had anything on us they would have hammered us by now.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, do you remember how it felt when we left Wembley in 2014 in that disgustingly beautiful bank holiday sunshine?

We were run properly. We played football properly. And QPR did neither. They'd played the system, got a light 'punishment' for it, and their team of mercenaries had no answer to our team of talented, excitable youngsters who footballed them to death. Their game plan was to soak up pressure and hope for the best.

It wasn't just the nature of Zamora's goal - it was the team that did it, and what they stood for at the time. It felt like money and greed would always win, no matter what you did.

To many other clubs in this league, we're the present day QPR. If we were still living sensibly within our own means under GSE ownership, and it was Gibson selling the Riverside to himself and outcompeting us for transfers due to creative accounting, we would want the EFL to fight our corner too. 

Perhaps we haven't broken the rules, and that is why the EFL have nothing on us, but I personally feel that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be wanting the EFL to throw the book at the club and find anything they can.

Edited by Duracell

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

While I agree with a lot of what you say, do you remember how it felt when we left Wembley in 2014 in that disgustingly beautiful bank holiday sunshine?

We were run properly. We played football properly. And QPR did neither. They'd played the system, got a light 'punishment' for it, and their team of mercenaries had no answer to our team of talented, excitable youngsters who footballed them to death. Their game plan was to soak up pressure and hope for the best.

It wasn't just the nature of Zamora's goal - it was the team that did it, and what they stood for at the time. It felt like money and greed would always win, no matter what you did.

To many other clubs in this league, we're the present day QPR. If we were still living sensibly within our own means under GSE ownership, and it was Gibson selling the Riverside to himself and outcompeting us for transfers due to creative accounting, we would want the EFL to fight our corner too. 

Perhaps we haven't broken the rules, and that is why the EFL have nothing on us, but I personally feel that if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be wanting the EFL to throw the book at the club and find anything they can.

Surely though there comes a point where someone says enough is enough. Surely the punishment has to fit the crime, not destroy the club. Arguably the club has already been punished enough? which of the other transgressors have been hounded in the media like Derby? Were QPR or Villa or recently SWFC? The EFL could have dealt with this so differently and with a little acceptance of the fact that their rules are not explicit enough and that is at the very least a contributory factor? Surely?

Owners only do this because the Championship, as a competition has been ruined by parachute payments.

26 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Very well put. The only thing is that, as @uttoxram75 says, the EFL are finding it very difficult to pin anything major on us. I am sure though that they will ask for the biggest punishment possible in order to please other clubs/chairmen. We have to hope that the independent tribunual will be more lenient.

35 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Very well put. The only thing is that, as @uttoxram75 says, the EFL are finding it very difficult to pin anything major on us. I am sure though that they will ask for the biggest punishment possible in order to please other clubs/chairmen. We have to hope that the independent tribunual will be more lenient.

Hi Rich, if it seen as lenient then the EFL will appeal so that they can defend themselves against the rest of league by saying that they have exhausted all avenues.  Not sure what lenient actual means though, anything less than 21 points?

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

I remember it pouring down with rain too.....not as cold as the WBA final though. The Fester one was the hottest!!!

I would prefer to get this over and done with ASAP. Any punishment hanging over us is hardly conducive to new ownership and player recruitment.

We need to know what we are dealing with. With any financial penalty the EFL need to be mindful  of the financial situation in a Covid era and give longer to pay.

we need to move on from this, new ownership, a better more sustainable business strategy and the right players for the right price. 

35 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I remember it pouring down with rain too.....not as cold as the WBA final though. The Fester one was the hottest!!!

I remember Wembley 2014. What a horrible day. The 2 hour wait to get out the ground in a queue of buses and the lousy traffic management. That miserable trip back up the M1 - longest journey I can ever remember.

I was my first trip to the new Wembley .. god how sad and plastic it felt. The concourse empty as the fans left. It seemed like an oversized MacDonalds where the cleaning staff had gone on strike. I dreamt that seeing the arch as we approached would tingle the spine like the twin towers did. It didn’t. 

Bit of a down day today 

Edited by jono

11 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I would prefer to get this over and done with ASAP. Any punishment hanging over us is hardly conducive to new ownership and player recruitment.

We need to know what we are dealing with. With any financial penalty the EFL need to be mindful  of the financial situation in a Covid era and give longer to pay.

we need to move on from this, new ownership, a better more sustainable business strategy and the right players for the right price. 

Couldnt agree more. I reckon us having to cover all legal costs is probably what will happen so hopefully doesn't contribute towards P&S

Simon Jordan not sounding too optimistic about Derby’s outcome with the EFL. Linking financial errors with FFP and possible severe sanctions.

Critical of Mel with the stadium evaluation.

Also critical of Steve McClaren. ‘Christ, some of the things he’s had his hands on...’

And Rooney who in his eyes should not be manager.

Not saying Jordan is infallible but he does have a fairly good take on running football clubs.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Simon Jordan not sounding too optimistic about Derby’s outcome with the EFL. Linking financial errors with FFP and possible severe sanctions.

Also critical of Steve McClaren. ‘Christ, some of the things he’s had his hands on...’

Not saying Jordan is infallible but he does have a fairly good take on running football clubs.

It’s hard to argue with him to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

...Not saying Jordan is infallible but he does have a fairly good take on running football clubs.

Except for when he told us all that Alsono was a sound bloke! ? What can he find to blame Mac for? God the bloke is the living embodiment of soured clickbait!

Edited by RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Why is he bringing this up and isn’t it just his opinion? I thought the hearing had found in our favour in this respect and the EFL have not appealed it.

Same with Rooney. Many may well agree but, it’s only his opinion.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It is much easier to talk about running a football club than it is to do it, as he found out when he took Crystal Palace into administration