Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m not saying that 

and I realise that different club are after different things 

but there are a lot of clubs to pick from above his level in Germany ... it’s a big place U know ? And o one at the age of 28 have made him an offer ? Just find it strange that’s all

on the subject of Scotland ...more out of interest 

scottish prem or bundersligue 2

which is a better Standard ?

genuine question 

Bundersligue 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.........SPL ?

32 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

call me mr sour puss or mr pessimistic 

and I’m not writing him off or judging him before I or any of us have seen him.

but if indeed he’s got something ... why has someone in Germany not snapped him up from the bundesligue ?... it’s not like he hasn’t been about for a fair bit

im not talking a munich , Dortmund or evening a hoffenheim

but like a regular struggler looking for something Extra like a Mainz, Köln or Union Berlin ?

ur not telling me our scouting team have seen something that others closer to his home have missed ?

id love it more than anything if he turned up and just monstered the living duck out of this league ... I’m just really sceptical on this one 

Could that not be said about any players whose changed club/league/country and had success? 

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Fair enough ,,    So tell me why did nobody snap up vardy before Leicester?

Takes me back to something I heard a year before the Leicester move. Burton Albion apparently made a bid of £100,000 for Vardy while he was at Fleetwood (Fleetwood had just been promoted to the Conference). This was rejected, with Fleetwood saying they wanted £250,000 for him. Negotiations ended. Season after he scored over 30 goals in the Conference and Leicester paid £1,000,000 for him. 4 years later he was winning the PL. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Leicester were willing to take a risk. I doubt many other teams would have shelled out that amount for someone who'd never played higher than non-league.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not prepared to take as a Punt I would guess

i just love the way many are talking like he’s going to be the answer to our prayers and be our own Duncan Ferguson with a touch of Eric cantona ?

it’s a fair question to ask though? Is it not ?

what has stopped others closer to home going for him ? Just curious more than anything 

Believe me I have not the first clue about the player ,he may turn out a very astute signing if he signs , he may turn out not to be up to it ,yes it’s a fair question but also needs to be tempered by the fact that just because he’s not been picked up by anybody else higher than his current level he can’t turn out to be very good in a team that have scouted him well for a role they think he will fill for them

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cos he was going up with us at one point. Then when Fulham were challenging if we'd sold him rather than dragged him back. Etc.

Come on roy , fair do s ,fulham were dragging they’re heels on taking him on permanent and I don’t remember any other bids for him at the time ? Martin rightly took the security Derby ( mac) offered

Really like the sound of this move.

Admittedly only based on the montage of his general style of play, he looks very much like the profile of centre forward we need. Big lad, mobile, decent touch, awareness/vision & happy to bring others into play - he can also finish.

I also like his Zlatan-esque strut - he strikes me as exactly the sort of character who would relish battling the standard knucklehead CBs we play against in this division. Also really encouraging we're looking in unconventional places for players. Whilst 2. Bundesliga may not be the most obvious place to find talent, there are some big clubs in there (Hamburg, St Pauli, Nuremberg - Stuttgart were there last season) & would argue the standard of German league football is certainly on a par with England.

My main reservation is his age (28) so he's at his peak now with little resale value - unless he kicks on spectacularly. That said, as a cheapish signing there's less downside & it also gives Hector-Ingram more time to develop. Worth mentioning it would also be his first move away from the environments in which he will naturally feel comfortable given his heritage (Germany & Turkey). 

Just now, Archied said:

Come on roy , fair do s ,fulham were dragging they’re heels on taking him on permanent and I don’t remember any other bids for him at the time ? Martin rightly took the security Derby ( mac) offered

Lol. Yeah, but also fair does we were going up, no two ways about it! ?

25 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Why hadn't any decent clubs previously signed Saïd Benrahma, Ollie Watkins, Kemar Roofe, Emi Buendía, etc, etc when they had played at various lower levels and hadn't been picked up by a bigger club earlier?

Yes plenty fail, but there are a number of successes too!

He may not be the answer......he may be great look at our own......remember Rasiak coming from Dyskobolia Grodzisk or Mart Poom?

Thing is our Current scouting Team Make me nervous lol

they can’t get it right over here so god help them in another country 

I can remember as far back as Richard galooze as the first time I felt like we were going all continental so the likes of asanovic, stimac and Jacob Larsen just role off the tongue and so yes I’m more than aware what a foreign talent can bring 

even though as u say we’ve had some beauties from abroad it’s the Bjorne Otto bragstads, premislav kazmicheczhs and abdul  camaras That I remember the most 

probably when we get them wrong they take longer to shift ?

let’s never forget esterban fuertes ?

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Believe me I have not the first clue about the player ,he may turn out a very astute signing if he signs , he may turn out not to be up to it ,yes it’s a fair question but also needs to be tempered by the fact that just because he’s not been picked up by anybody else higher than his current level he can’t turn out to be very good in a team that have scouted him well for a role they think he will fill for them

Oh I totally agree with that ... 100%
just find it strange no one at all has gone for him in and around him 

hopefully our gain 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Has Martin not got an agent negotiating for him and taking a cut too ? Wow I’m surprised, might explain him turning down a perfectly good contract at the club he loves and really really wanted to stay at ?, turns out he’s not so in love with the cult as they are with him ???

Use of word "cult" dignifies no further reply

11 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Esterban fuertes was a cracking player 

As was branko strupar... both really unlucky purchases...

Now Fabritzio Ravennelli and Mikkel Beck (both already playing in the prem when we bought them ) were proper gash.

Now I know I'm probably in a minority of 1 here, but I never can understand why so many people disliked Ravanelli.

He reached double figures in a relegated prem side, some clubs nowadays spend big bucks on a player like that.

The real downside of course was that had he put away all those missed penalties, or even 1, we probably would have stopped up and Francois Grenet would have gone onto establishing himself as the best right back in all of England.

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thing is our Current scouting Team Make me nervous lol

they can’t get it right over here so god help them in another country 

I can remember as far back as Richard galooze as the first time I felt like we were going all continental so the likes of asanovic, stimac and Jacob Larsen just role off the tongue and so yes I’m more than aware what a foreign talent can bring 

even though as u say we’ve had some beauties from abroad it’s the Bjorne Otto bragstads, premislav kazmicheczhs and abdul  camaras That I remember the most 

probably when we get them wrong they take longer to shift ?

let’s never forget esterban fuertes ?

I believe we made £500k on Fuertes! ?