Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

23 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not aimed directly at yourself but in general. What would people need the club to do to be 'whelmed'? 

Spend 10mill on a striker from the domestic leagues? Can't think of a single one I'd be overly excited about us signing from our league or otherwise. 

Loan a young striker from a prem team? Not too many about, we've been linked to some, again unproven and we don't gain anything from it after the season ends.

Spend big on a European striker? Massive risk to do, could backfire like Forest. 

A 6ft3' striker at the prime of his career who is scoring a good amount of goals and available under 2 mill? I'm not sure more the club could do, this seems exactly the kind of signing we should make. 

You rarely find people are whelmed do you - it’s always over or under. Same as being superstitious, people are never just a little bit stitious - well bar one man.

unlucky tv show GIF

Ok 

call me mr sour puss or mr pessimistic 

and I’m not writing him off or judging him before I or any of us have seen him.

but if indeed he’s got something ... why has someone in Germany not snapped him up from the bundesligue ?... it’s not like he hasn’t been about for a fair bit

im not talking a munich , Dortmund or evening a hoffenheim

but like a regular struggler looking for something Extra like a Mainz, Köln or Union Berlin ?

ur not telling me our scouting team have seen something that others closer to his home have missed ?

id love it more than anything if he turned up and just monstered the living duck out of this league ... I’m just really sceptical on this one 

44 minutes ago, Archied said:

How much compared money compared with contract length ? Any playing time garuantee s? any built in extend option on playing time? Did he fancy a new challenge which swayed it on similar monetary values ? Did Derby offer what they thought fair given he’s had loads off us for very little over the last few years but then apparently was part of the joiners gang as a reward? 
very happy to debate the issue with you ( anyone else too ) if you are in the know with all the facts but I’m sure your not

angry ? ? no ,why should I be he’s a player that’s gone and we all know they come and go , if you r best defence to being pulled on guff is you seem angry then you may have to accept humour is above your play grade ?

here’s the rub on the Martin guff from the cult , when you have not the first clue of whether what your saying is right just saying it over and over again doesn’t make it true ,

you boys keep posting guff as fact I keep pointing out its guff , happy days?

The fact of the matter archie are some people on here use feelings not facts.Martin went as we offered him a contract on less money than he was on. And like anyone in football towards the end of his career he wanted more, we would not pay more for a 31 year old that has a serious condition that may or may not play every week, we stuck to our guns and it played out the way it did.now if we had have gave him what he wanted and he didnt play these same people would be questioning that. There is a reason why most of the haters on here are not in a job in football dont let them get you down for speaking your mind.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

id love it more than anything if he turned up and just monstered the living duck out of this league ... I’m just really sceptical on this one 

I suppose we have to hope that his type of football fits better in the Championship than over there? Still think he looks more like a 'Jerome' so if he doesn't work out we can flog him to Rowett! ?

8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Mental how we are looking and struggling to find a player which can hold the ball up and bring others in to play, when we literally had one of the best at it on the books. 

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What happened to him then?

We sold him to Leeds before he went on to play in the European cup for Forest.

Thought he retired years ago.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

but if indeed he’s got something ... why has someone in Germany not snapped him up from the bundesligue ?... it’s not like he hasn’t been about for a fair bit

but like a regular struggler looking for something Extra like a Mainz, Köln or Union Berlin ?

ur not telling me our scouting team have seen something that others closer to his home have missed ?

By the same token why did no one from the prem take a punt on martin......

Even on a free transfer.....

Even when we loaned him out multiple times..   

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

Different clubs look for different types of players, maybe he didn't tick anyone's box in Germany.  Maybe we should just stick to scouting in Scotland eh?

9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Looks like he had a good season last season. 16 goals in 34 games. 

Before that not so good. 

34 goals in 134 games for his previous 2 clubs. 

Hopefully we've identified the right type of player for our system and he fits right in. 

Sounds like Nick Blackman mark 2. ?

5 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

The fact of the matter archie are some people on here use feelings not facts.Martin went as we offered him a contract on less money than he was on. And like anyone in football towards the end of his career he wanted more, we would not pay more for a 31 year old that has a serious condition that may or may not play every week, we stuck to our guns and it played out the way it did.now if we had have gave him what he wanted and he didnt play these same people would be questioning that. There is a reason why most of the haters on here are not in a job in football dont let them get you down for speaking your mind.

Cheers , I won’t get upset by debate on forum?

fact is if anybody says they believe Derby should have met martins terms to keep him as they believe he’s that good a player then I can respect that whether I agree or not , beyond that I will keep batting it back ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

Fair enough ,,    So tell me why did nobody snap up vardy before Leicester?

35 minutes ago, Ramos said:

You rarely find people are whelmed do you - it’s always over or under. Same as being superstitious, people are never just a little bit stitious - well bar one man.

unlucky tv show GIF

More likely to find someone's Flabber that has been Ghasted!

Why hadn't any decent clubs previously signed Saïd Benrahma, Ollie Watkins, Kemar Roofe, Emi Buendía, etc, etc when they had played at various lower levels and hadn't been picked up by a bigger club earlier?

Yes plenty fail, but there are a number of successes too!

He may not be the answer......he may be great look at our own......remember Rasiak coming from Dyskobolia Grodzisk or Mart Poom?

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

Why hadn't any decent clubs previously signed Saïd Benrahma, Ollie Watkins, Kemar Roofe, Emi Buendía, etc, etc when they had played at various lower levels and hadn't been picked up by a bigger club earlier?

Yes plenty fail, but there are a number of successes too!

He may not be the answer......he may be great look at our own......remember Rasiak coming from Dyskobolia Grodzisk or Mart Poom?

18 minutes ago, TomG said:

Different clubs look for different types of players, maybe he didn't tick anyone's box in Germany.  Maybe we should just stick to scouting in Scotland eh?

I’m not saying that 

and I realise that different club are after different things 

but there are a lot of clubs to pick from above his level in Germany ... it’s a big place U know ? And o one at the age of 28 have made him an offer ? Just find it strange that’s all

on the subject of Scotland ...more out of interest 

scottish prem or bundersligue 2

which is a better Standard ?

genuine question 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Fair enough ,,    So tell me why did nobody snap up vardy before Leicester?

Not prepared to take as a Punt I would guess

i just love the way many are talking like he’s going to be the answer to our prayers and be our own Duncan Ferguson with a touch of Eric cantona ?

it’s a fair question to ask though? Is it not ?

what has stopped others closer to home going for him ? Just curious more than anything