Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

After Saturday it will be an interesting dilemma Mel is in at the moment, and what happens over the next couple of weeks will be indication on his true feelings of whether Cocu is the man. He got badly burned by the panic buying under Clement and the last thing he will want to do now is bring in a load of players that the next chap is going to immediately get rid of.

Seems like the right type of player; based on the cover of the book. Can't say I've ever seen any of the pages.

But I do find a reinvigorated faith in our recruitment following this summer. Whoever they choose I'd like to think is the right man.

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not inspiring to be honest. 

I'd be interested to know what people think would be inspiring. That's not a dig...I am just keen to understand expectations across the forum.

On the one hand we have people excited about the prospect of Charlie Austin.

Some think Keinan Davis is a good idea...I'd like him but only on a loan to perm agreement. 

Then there's a section of the support that likes any foreign sounding name.

I would like to se a thought out recruitment policy that identifies what we need and then goes and finds that player based on watching them stats and proper scouting. Not somebody who blazes a trail for 6 months a la Nick Blackman or was good 4 years ago...a la Nugent.

For me this guy could fit the bill. Time will tell. We may not even be interested. Turkish press have been right once so far. 

Tall, strong, skillfully, can finish, mobile with  foreign name and a dreadful haircut. Ticks every box for me. ?

18 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not inspiring to be honest. 

I hope you're joking.

19 goals and 6 assists in 36 appearances in all comps (16g 6a in the league in 34 apps) is a brilliant record. he's exactly what we need, a big striker to hold the ball up. Will be cheap (1-2m) & is quite a strong bloke.

He would be fantastic for this team. 

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes / flicks so looks a bit more promising...

However a lot of it is from deep, with runners, not much on the edge of the box with a few defenders around him so it's hard to know how strong or clever he really is.

Edited by Coconut

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes so looks a bit more promising...

Didn't watch all of it, but enough to see we could save our money and put Cybulski in. He doesn't look much above League 1 standard. 29 in October, so not much value to be made.