Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ok 

call me mr sour puss or mr pessimistic 

and I’m not writing him off or judging him before I or any of us have seen him.

but if indeed he’s got something ... why has someone in Germany not snapped him up from the bundesligue ?... it’s not like he hasn’t been about for a fair bit

im not talking a munich , Dortmund or evening a hoffenheim

but like a regular struggler looking for something Extra like a Mainz, Köln or Union Berlin ?

ur not telling me our scouting team have seen something that others closer to his home have missed ?

id love it more than anything if he turned up and just monstered the living duck out of this league ... I’m just really sceptical on this one 

Little insights from the teams you picked:

Mainz have former France U-21 player Mateta, who is very similar. 192 cm.

Köln just bought Andersson, Union's best player last season. 190 cm, 6 millions.

Union Berlin are changing the way they play, both of their new strikers are between 180-183 cm's. It certainly makes sense as last season their only attacking threat was Andersson.

Even if you are not familiar what happens with "regular strugglers", it doesn't mean they are not trying to shape things towards better future.

Edited by Dimmu

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really like the sound of this move.

Admittedly only based on the montage of his general style of play, he looks very much like the profile of centre forward we need. Big lad, mobile, decent touch, awareness/vision & happy to bring others into play - he can also finish.

I also like his Zlatan-esque strut - he strikes me as exactly the sort of character who would relish battling the standard knucklehead CBs we play against in this division. Also really encouraging we're looking in unconventional places for players. Whilst 2. Bundesliga may not be the most obvious place to find talent, there are some big clubs in there (Hamburg, St Pauli, Nuremberg - Stuttgart were there last season) & would argue the standard of German league football is certainly on a par with England.

My main reservation is his age (28) so he's at his peak now with little resale value - unless he kicks on spectacularly. That said, as a cheapish signing there's less downside & it also gives Hector-Ingram more time to develop. Worth mentioning it would also be his first move away from the environments in which he will naturally feel comfortable given his heritage (Germany & Turkey). 

Good post. The bolded one is tricky situation though. As a target man, he is only reaching his best years as most of them prosper over 30. That also means there is no resale value as you stated. You win some, you lose some I guess.

I'm personally happy, because earlier in the summer I highlighted our lack of players in optimal age. We have mostly old players or academy youngsters, so there is certainly room in our age structure for those between 26-30.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Little insights from the teams you picked:

Mainz have former France U-21 player Mateta, who is very similar. 192 cm.

Köln just bought Andersson, Union's best player last season. 190 cm, 6 millions.

Union Berlin are changing the way they play, both of their new strikers are between 180-183 cm's. It certainly makes sense as last season their only attacking threat was Andersson.

Even if you are not familiar what happens with "regular strugglers", it doesn't mean they are not trying to shape things towards better future.

I could have quite as easily gone with breman, Augsburg or schalke

Maybe mateta isn’t all that with 3 goals in 18 appearances last term ...
maybe a more experienced hand would do the job more effectively ... by the sounds of it this lad will be quite cheap 

I’m just saying I don’t really trust our scouting department 

they struggle to get it right over here so I’m sceptical they are on it enough to nail one that others in the same country haven’t spotted 

Edited by NottsRam77

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

14 in 50 games...

Top scorer in 01/02 season. His form dipped at the end of that season and next season but people have short memories. Just because he was on a high wage and he had a poor end to his time at Derby doesn’t mean he was rubbish for the whole time. As I said, top scorer in a poor team and most of those goals were in the premier league. 

29 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

maybe a more experienced hand would do the job more effectively ... by the sounds of it this lad will be quite cheap 

they struggle to get it right over here so I’m sceptical they are on it enough to nail one that others in the same country haven’t spotted 

From what Rosenior said during lockdown I think he has a big input in the players we are interested in so this is the first proper summer with a different scouting team. No point looking at previous transfer windows, judge them on this and so far imo they look to have done a pretty decent job

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Dont like the look of Joswiak then ?

All this talk of age.  Isn't Jiminex at Wolves touching 30? Our best imported striker of recent times was (could have been) Strupar. He was 30 and if it wasnt for injury he would have kept us up for a few more seasons. We need players at their prime to get us moving in the right direction. No sell on. Who cares?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Sedardurson.....do do do do do

Sedardurson.....do do do do

Sedardurson.....do do do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do do do do do do do do.

21 hours ago, roboto said:

Serdar Dursun do do do do do Serdar Dursun do do do do
Serdar Dursun do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do
Serdar Dursun

Already suggested that back on page 6 mate. Hope it catches on if we get him. ?? 

15 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m not saying that 

and I realise that different club are after different things 

but there are a lot of clubs to pick from above his level in Germany ... it’s a big place U know ? And o one at the age of 28 have made him an offer ? Just find it strange that’s all

on the subject of Scotland ...more out of interest 

scottish prem or bundersligue 2

which is a better Standard ?

genuine question 

For me it's less about the standard of league they play in and more "does the player fit the what the club need". Last time I looked no team every won the league playing only 1 player.as good as messi is even Barsa would struggle even they only played him on his own.this is a team game and if he fit what we need I dont care if he currently plays in the pub league