Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dear me, you've got a bee in your bonnet haven't you lovey. Throw a strop at me all you like but I'm not in charge of the team or the club - is that too subtle a point for you?

If I was Cocu I'd have prioritised getting ANY hold-up player in.

No I haven’t but when I go to games there are always people moaning like duck about everything and I usually tell them to stfu if it’s constant moaning at our players there is no way you moan like an old woman constantly on here then go to the game ( if you go at all ) and then get behind the team ...you’re one of those constantly whining moaning lot ...you are never satisfied Roy unless you’re moaning about something ....question ? do you get right behind the lads when the game kicks off ?? or just waiting for a bad pass a mistake etc etc 

I don't know much about this player and until 48 hours ago I'd never heard of him, but I am now entirely convinced that if we don't sign him we will be relegated consecutively every season until we are in the conference and if we do sign him we will win the Champions League within five years.

Just now, S8TY said:

...you are never satisfied Roy unless you’re moaning about something ....question ? do you get right behind the lads when the game kicks off ?? or just waiting for a bad pass a mistake etc etc 

That is your opinion. I think the same about you thinking you have a right to attack posters because you don't like their point of view.

We are NOT at the ground we are on a messageboard. Do you understand the difference? It isn't Twitter and I've not tagged in Cocu on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Keepyuppy said:

I’ve still not got over the £1.5 we paid for Connor Sammon !!

Surely no one can be as poo as he was ? ?

Sammon did a good job for the team.  Worked his arse off whenever I watched him creating space for others.  He had limitations but big knuckle draggers like Hanley hated playing against him. You need grafters in the team like him and Eustace as well as show ponies to get the right blend. Derby was the perfect team for him at the time as we had goal scorers all over the park.

Trapattoni was a fan. Barker and Ward I remember were very unhappy to see him go. 

Trapattoni suggested that Sammon and his Derby teammate Jeff Hendrick should be playing in the Premier League: "they play Championship, and I have to ask why when I see the games in the Premier League and the way they play with us. Quality is quality

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sammon did a good job for the team.  Worked his arse off whenever I watched him creating space for others.  He had limitations but big knuckle draggers like Hanley hated playing against him. You need grafters in the team like him and Eustace as well as show ponies to get the right blend. Derby was the perfect team for him at the time as we had goal scorers all over the park.

Trapattoni was a fan. Barker and Ward I remember were very unhappy to see him go. 

Trapattoni suggested that Sammon and his Derby teammate Jeff Hendrick should be playing in the Premier League: "they play Championship, and I have to ask why when I see the games in the Premier League and the way they play with us. Quality is quality

Connor Sammon was underrated I agree, can't say he lived up to what we hoped but he put himself about and played key roles in winning games in the first Mac season.

1 hour ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

How about to the tune of ‘Sun is shining’ by Bob Marley and covered by Finlaye Quaye...

Dersun is firing, that finish was sweet yea...

Did you see the way, he moved his feet there?....

To the rescue! It’s Dersun! 

I want you to know y’all

He’s a ram...

etc, etc ?

Ha I was just thinking of the same song.

5 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Top scorer in 01/02 season. His form dipped at the end of that season and next season but people have short memories. Just because he was on a high wage and he had a poor end to his time at Derby doesn’t mean he was rubbish for the whole time. As I said, top scorer in a poor team and most of those goals were in the premier league. 

My first season as a season ticket holder, think he got 12 goals which for his age, Derby's quality and league position was a pretty good return. As you say, although I was quite young, I do remember him being a decent striker for Derby. 

Edited by Ramos

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m not saying I do either 

all I’m saying is at the age he is, I’m baffled as to how our poo show of a scouting team have pulled him out where others closer to his home Havent 

unless he’s of course an Abdul camara 

hey maybe they’ve had their weetabix 

Same way they managed to get Jozwiak, Ibe, Duncan, Clarke & Byrne I guess?

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I could have quite as easily gone with breman, Augsburg or schalke

Maybe mateta isn’t all that with 3 goals in 18 appearances last term ...
maybe a more experienced hand would do the job more effectively ... by the sounds of it this lad will be quite cheap 

I’m just saying I don’t really trust our scouting department 

they struggle to get it right over here so I’m sceptical they are on it enough to nail one that others in the same country haven’t spotted 

Bremen, Augsburg, Schalke? Really?  I think you should stop digging when you're in a hole already. 

It's fine not to trust our souting, but I don't think that gives you a permission to belittle German football. In one of those teams you mentioned there's a Portuguese international striker and we can only dream of such a player.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If I was Cocu I'd have prioritised getting ANY hold-up player in.

C'mon RoyMac5 - I think I've used this argument to support your (our) Chris Martin adoration previously - Last year our strikers were actually pretty efficient - We just didn't create enough chances

So the absolute highest priority wasn't a hold up player but some chance creators - Which is what was prioritised once we were actually allowed to sign players again

Would a hold up player be a good addition? Yes

Has Cocu made it very clear he wants to add a striker in that mould? Yes

Was it the top priority of what we needed? No

Is now the time to be focused on that area? Yes

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So the absolute highest priority wasn't a hold up player but some chance creators

In your opinion mate. Without a hold up striker we're never going to keep the ball up front. #simples It takes pressure off the defence/midfield and it scores and helps score goals. It would also enable some of our youngsters to look like how they played last season.

Cocu has 'known' since last January we weren't likely to have a hold-up striker for the way he wants to play. Therefore if I were in Cocu's place I would have prioritised a hold-up player.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m not saying I do either 

all I’m saying is at the age he is, I’m baffled as to how our poo show of a scouting team have pulled him out where others closer to his home Havent 

unless he’s of course an Abdul camara 

hey maybe they’ve had their weetabix 

Maybe NottsRam is right, maybe we should wait until someone else buys him, let them take the risk. Maybe a team like Brentford. If he does well, we could then buy him for £10 million next year.

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Connor Sammon was underrated I agree, can't say he lived up to what we hoped but he put himself about and played key roles in winning games in the first Mac season.

Strikers vary in how many goals they score, and some provide service or make space for others. But Sammon's strike rate was too low to justify his place regardless of his other attributes. I wouldn't want to use his performances as a bench mark for what others should achieve cos its too low.

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In your opinion mate. Without a hold up striker we're never going to keep the ball up front. #simples It takes pressure off the defence/midfield and it scores and helps score goals. It would also enable some of our youngsters to look like how they played last season.

Yes and no - There are plenty of teams who manage it

A hold up striker is a great asset and I fully agree they make defending easier - But you can get a similar effect by hammering the ball into the corners for someone to chase - It's about getting the extra time to compose and organise at the back

And we had a hold up strikers last season - It didn't help our defence most of the time and it didn't help us score goals or create chances

36 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

Maybe NottsRam is right, maybe we should wait until someone else buys him, let them take the risk. Maybe a team like Brentford. If he does well, we could then buy him for £10 million next year.

Your literally taking what I’m saying out of context 

I’m just asking the question ... it’s fair Question is it not ? 

What is it about him that have made other clubs closer to him geographically Not take him up At the Georgia of 28