Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

Esterban fuertes was a cracking player 

As was branko strupar... both really unlucky purchases...

Now Fabritzio Ravennelli and Mikkel Beck (both already playing in the prem when we bought them ) were proper gash.

How do u know ? We only saw him for about 45 minutes then never to be seen again 

joking aside I was at his debut .. he looked very tidy indeed but tbh it would be hard to call it after his incredibly brief stint with us 

17 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Hmmm, I suppose his goal tally last season, along with his videos of tricks and flicks make him an exciting prospect. 

However people jumped all over other linked strikers due to their stats.  All I'm suggesting with my lack of overexcitement is that this player, is probably a fairly average striker who had 1 really good season. 

Fair enough but it's the market that we're in. Besides, people have been saying for a long time that we should be scouting European leagues for bargains.

Let's hope that, if we do sign him, that's how it turns out.

23 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I actually disagree with this.

Brentford do have an excellent track record, but they usually sign a very particular profile of player and have a very meticulous and low risk approach.

If they had signed Austin, Davis or Ibe, people would be thinking it’s a departure from the norm, they are breaking their wage structure, and taking big risks that could blow up in their face.

With Dursun and Duncan, you have a point.

But you can’t blame our fans for being sceptical over signings. The recruitment team have failed us to the point of ridicule and beyond.

As a teacher, if the majority of my students were failing their exams or not progressing, I would have to prove myself and earn back people’s trust.

Surely it’s no different for the recruitment team?

If the likes of Jozwiak and Dursun come in and do the business, people will feel more confident in the work they are doing.

I suppose the signing of Pontus Janssen(sic) would be a signing out of their norm?

2 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Esterban fuertes was a cracking player 

As was branko strupar... both really unlucky purchases...

Now Fabritzio Ravennelli and Mikkel Beck (both already playing in the prem when we bought them ) were proper gash.

Ravanelli? no he wasn't. Only at the end of his stint at Derby, I agree. He scored quite a few to start with.

30 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I suppose the signing of Pontus Janssen(sic) would be a signing out of their norm?

Yes, that’s true.

But they sold Konsa for £12 million and Maupay for £20 million that same summer.

So they could probably afford to make the occasional departure from the norm, especially when they picked up the likes of Raya and Pinnock that same summer - two players whose values must have gone up by millions.

And when you consider that they went from 11th and conceding 59 goals in 18-19 to 3rd and conceding just 39 goals in 19-20 and being 90 minutes from the PL, you would have to say Jansson, although an expensive and high profile signing, contributed to an obvious improvement.

A bit of digging has brought up a number of previous links. Hannover apparently offered a couple of million, however they didn’t want to sell to a league rival. It sounds like we could be squeezed for more money, albeit I do like that he seems to be universally liked. I think he wanted a move to the Bundesliga, but nothing has materialised.  

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

First time a big centre half tries to knock him over we will know what kind of a guy he is. Would be a sensation if he could forcefully out jump a CB and score with a header from a corner. 

Corner comes in, Dursun leaps like a majestic salmon, towering above Clarke and Wizz to smash the header in the onion bag. 1-0 Norwich. Cause we only concede from corners ??‍♂️