Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does every player we sign from the continent have to take a picture in an airport before they join? Is it in the contract? ?

Plane to see that we may be signing a passenger. Suit case for getting new striker. Will he be in lockdown for two weeks. He could be a turkey or a delight. He needs an early goal even if off his chin.

1 hour ago, JAT said:

I don’t think he’s in a dilemma. 

He tasked Cocu with introducing academy talent and reducing the age and wages of squad. 

He’s done this, so he should now be in a position to support him with where the squad needs improving. 

You're not really responding to the point I made, but I take the one you make. The point, actually, is that while Cocu has done all of the above the results and, more worryingly, the style of play lead some to conclude you wouldn't be wanting to give a manager money to spend when many on here believe his time is up (not this forum decides but you get my point).

If Mel is giving him the cash it suggests he still believes in the long term plan and we can close the 'Next Manager' thread for a few more weeks. I actually hope Mel is right and I'd love to see a bit of faith and composure but it's totally forgivable to not be in that mindset after what we all saw at the weekend.

There's much to love about the plan - academy, stability, growth - but you would have to be more than naive to not notice that at the moment that the one element that is missing is the one that really matters, being able to win a football match.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

You're not really responding to the point I made, but I take the one you make. The point, actually, is that while Cocu has done all of the above the results and, more worryingly, the style of play lead some to conclude you wouldn't be wanting to give a manager money to spend when many on here believe his time is up (not this forum decides but you get my point).

If Mel is giving him the cash it suggests he still believes in the long term plan and we can close the 'Next Manager' thread for a few more weeks. I actually hope Mel is right and I'd love to see a bit of faith and composure but it's totally forgivable to not be in that mindset after what we all saw at the weekend.

There's much to love about the plan - academy, stability, growth - but you would have to be more than naive to not notice that at the moment that the one element that is missing is the one that really matters, being able to win a football match.

Part of the problem for me is we are playing too many unexperienced players, don't have the right target man and we give the ball away for fun. If we get Bielik, Lawrence and Waghorn back with a new striker and the problems persist then we'll be well within our rights to start asking questions of Cocu.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes / flicks so looks a bit more promising...

However a lot of it is from deep, with runners, not much on the edge of the box with a few defenders around him so it's hard to know how strong or clever he really is.

I’m not fluent in German but around 3 mins 42 of this clip the commentator doesn’t seem to rate him!! ?

49 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You can watch the game on YouTube:

I've just had it on in the background, so whilst I couldn't focus on it. I was at least able to see parts of his game. 

He's technically gifted for a big striker. He definitely comes across as a Ibrahimovic type player, lots of flicks and touches in tight spaces. Like Martin, he doesn't like moving too much when he doesn't have to. I would say he's far less likely to drop into space to get the ball. He seems to be stretching the field and sitting on the last man, ultimately means that he doesn't get many touches. 

He scores twice: the first is a simple tap in from a Norwich error. The second is a header from close range. Darmstadt were frankly quite awful, Norwich were equally as bad once it got late into the second half. Dursun seems to be one of their most capable players, but I must stress that they have some that I think would struggle to get a game for a good Sunday league team. 

I would be quite interested to see how he gets on. He's going to fill the Martin role, certainly, but I think his movement off the ball which was a red flag to me could go to show that he will struggle to get into games at this level and a lot of the time he will be a traffic cone sat between the 2 or three defenders.

What really matters is, will he fit in.

50 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would be quite interested to see how he gets on. He's going to fill the Martin role, certainly, but I think his movement off the ball which was a red flag to me could go to show that he will struggle to get into games at this level and a lot of the time he will be a traffic cone sat between the 2 or three defenders

Think this goes both ways. Marriott, inversely, does drop off a lot to receive the ball and it tends to mean we often lack a focal point upfront. Dursun playing exclusively off the last man, holding the ball up and bringing others into play is exactly what our system needs rather than a really mobile striker that looks to drop into midfield to receive the ball. 

At 6'3, Dursun is naturally gonna drag defenders towards him based on his stature, this will create space behind for our No.10 and wingers- players like Lawrence & Sibley that thrive when given that extra bit of space. We've started creating more chances and the types of chance that suit a typical No.9, the type of tap-ins his highlight reel shows he has the positional awareness to profit off. 

So yes, Dursun probably isn't a complete forward, but from what i can tell he's the sort of player that compliments our system perfectly and whose style of play will improve those around him. Can't ask for much more than that?

Just now, Duracell said:

Exciting that we might finally have found our replacement for Shefki Kuqi.

The last time we had a truly useful frontman; I suppose with a brief showing from Vydra in the interim. 

30 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I’m not fluent in German but around 3 mins 42 of this clip the commentator doesn’t seem to rate him!! ?

If we're signing him for what he gets up to at 3:55 then he's got a long queue to get behind first.

With no reflection on his ability as a footballer but if that is his highlights reel he needs a new agent.

38 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I'm actually really excited about this one. Looking at his video's I think he's exactly what we need. He looks like he'd be a handful for championship defenders and our creative players could definitely play off him.

He has the link up play of Martin but looks like he can get around the pitch more.