Serdar Dursun

DcFc Dyycheee

5 hours ago, Coconut said:

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes / flicks so looks a bit more promising...

However a lot of it is from deep, with runners, not much on the edge of the box with a few defenders around him so it's hard to know how strong or clever he really is.

I bet those defenders were thinking "I won't let Dursun go down on me ! "

6 hours ago, Coconut said:

First few videos on YouTube were just goals, which weren't particularly impressive, but this one has some hold up play & passes / flicks so looks a bit more promising...

However a lot of it is from deep, with runners, not much on the edge of the box with a few defenders around him so it's hard to know how strong or clever he really is.

Looks promising but not enough of footage and time from before and after the goals to work out what type of player he is. He does seem to play in the area between full backs and centre back a lot, rather than central between centre backs and he does have an eye for a long pass out to the wings when he receives the ball deep. Right type of player to bring other players into play.

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Think this goes both ways. Marriott, inversely, does drop off a lot to receive the ball and it tends to mean we often lack a focal point upfront. Dursun playing exclusively off the last man, holding the ball up and bringing others into play is exactly what our system needs rather than a really mobile striker that looks to drop into midfield to receive the ball. 

At 6'3, Dursun is naturally gonna drag defenders towards him based on his stature, this will create space behind for our No.10 and wingers- players like Lawrence & Sibley that thrive when given that extra bit of space. We've started creating more chances and the types of chance that suit a typical No.9, the type of tap-ins his highlight reel shows he has the positional awareness to profit off. 

So yes, Dursun probably isn't a complete forward, but from what i can tell he's the sort of player that compliments our system perfectly and whose style of play will improve those around him. Can't ask for much more than that?

EXACTLY 

22 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

But he didn't want to accept our offer and stay here......

He's GONE .......MOVE ON !!

Got no (real choice) problem moving on, just this guy looks more like Jerome than Martin! Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's a thing is all.

Darmstadt's sporting director Carsten Wehlmann (48) to BILD: “Yes, there is an offer for Serdar Dursun. I won't say more about it. "

The answer to Derby County is also quite short, because the English only want to pay 750,000 euros. Darmstadt imagines at least twice as much.

Derby County is hoping for Dursun and will also increase the offer.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/Derby-county-will-stuermer-darmstadt-lehnt-1-angebot-fuer-dursun-ab-73144416.bild.html

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Darmstadt's sporting director Carsten Wehlmann (48) to BILD: “Yes, there is an offer for Serdar Dursun. I won't say more about it. "

The answer to Derby County is also quite short, because the English only want to pay 750,000 euros. Darmstadt imagines at least twice as much.

Derby County is hoping for Dursun and will also increase the offer.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/Derby-county-will-stuermer-darmstadt-lehnt-1-angebot-fuer-dursun-ab-73144416.bild.html

Hopefully we up the offer today so we can get him signed next few days and then in the starting 11 on on Saturday as we need a striker ASAP. 

Another interesting one this, not one I suspect anyone has ever heard of. Based on his stats/ highlights he does seem like a Chris Martin type striker, which is exactly what we’ve been after. 19 goals in Bundesliga 2 is decent, but I am concerned that it’s not quite championship standard, more like somewhere between league one and championship. Have to hope he can adapt quite quickly as we really need a new striker.