Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

6 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

I'd expect Simpson to say exactly that, He's been in football a loooong time to know what to say when down with the dead men...but, Players are the ones who count, It's on the day, It's what frame of mind you're in, How many will be playing for their livelihood, How many expect to be moved on, Who is in the Simpson camp and who isn't...and most of all...who can be arsed?

They're down and relegated for a reason...they're not very good, If our players turn up and I expect every Derby player to do his duty 😊 then all will be fine.

Also I expect to be staggering home sometime on Saturday evening from visiting and talking to lots of like minded Derby fans in our boozers.  

Steady there Alf, you drink too much and you won't remember the result.

On 23/04/2024 at 15:16, sage said:

Surely Bird for Thompson if he is fully fit. Even if he only has 60 mins in him. 

Can’t see this happening.

There’s nothing like time on the pitch - this is why players coming back from injury usually start with a 10-15 minute spell as a sub. Combine this with the fact that Max is off and that we have found a starting line up and set up that has had a promotion winning unbeaten run…

if it was Gayle and we needed to win by 3 it might be different 

No chance 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Can’t see this happening.

There’s nothing like time on the pitch - this is why players coming back from injury usually start with a 10-15 minute spell as a sub. Combine this with the fact that Max is off and that we have found a starting line up and set up that has had a promotion winning unbeaten run…

if it was Gayle and we needed to win by 3 it might be different 

No chance 

He has said several times Bird is our best player, so we will see

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

This weeks dragging, it's like Christmas Eve Eve now. Waiting to see what gifts we get Saturday lunchtime.

Let's hope it's not a stocking full of coal courtesy of Darren Fergusons B Team and a smelly old orange disguising itself as a gift, or the playoffs as it's better known.  Perhaps Santa Lang will give us a new bike we secretly hopes been hiding in the shed.  I'm rather 50/50 after that Cheltenham shitshow the other night.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Let's hope it's not a stocking full of coal courtesy of Darren Fergusons B Team and a smelly old orange disguising itself as a gift, or the playoffs as it's better known.  Perhaps Santa Lang will give us a new bike we secretly hopes been hiding in the shed.  I'm rather 50/50 after that Cheltenham shitshow the other night.

It wouldn't be courtesy of Darren Ferguson or anyone else - it would be our fault entirely by not being able to extract at least a draw out of Carlisle United. Using your Christmas gift analogy, it would be the equivalent of you opening the wrapper of your gift upside-down in your haste, and you watch in horror at the bottle of Macallan 25 year old whisky falls out of the bottle bag and smashes on the floor.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A bit of a waste of places on the bench to have two “nowhere near match fit” players there isn’t it?

Psychology psychology 

5 hours ago, SKRam said:

Psychology psychology 

I understand that but I wouldn’t want to waste a place on the bench for someone not remotely match fit. We have enough players, that may be called upon, to fill our substitutes allocation. Also, how much of a psychological boost would it be to be seen to be picking a player in that condition?

I’m not convinced it would have that much effect or is even required. I would think, and hope, the players and fans will be going into the game full of confidence (but not complacency) already. 

I’d love to see Gayle available and on the bench but only if fit to play.

26 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Friday at last 🐑, in what has been one of the longest weeks ever 

Oh yes ,,,,, Friday morning is always the start of the build up for me ,,, no roofing , just some paperwork then golf in the afternoon, relax in the evening and prep for early Saturday set off ( very early tomorrow) , nerves are kicking in now and just praying for Saturday to be a great day that stays in the memory with the rams back in the championship in front of a packed pride park raising the roof ,,, are we going to do it ? ,,,, I’m channeling my inner B4 💪🐏

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Apologies if already posted. 

Didn't recognise him from the first pic.
All became clear with the second though.

Just so effin' handsome!  What a guy!  🤍

PS:
Re the second pic (in the car)... I like how he has his reading glasses hooked next to his shades!  
# It comes to us all, great or otherwise!  🤣

Edited by Mucker1884