Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

It'll be bittersweet for me come Saturday.

My lads decided to make a new life for himself, literally on the other side of the earth.

So we'll hopefully be celebrating, but in my mind I'll be thinking it may be the last time we ever stand together at Pride Park, at least for the foreseeable. 

Still, we've had a good run, what better way to sign off than a promotion?

17 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

At the time he was part of a 2 man midfield that was either bring completely ignored, or asked either to pass it out to the full back or winger, or boot it has hard  and high is you can. Very little of his prowess was being used. At the time he was being asked, no told to play in a completely alien way that was a waste of his ability. Why not go to a club that was known for playing people to their strengths?

Well we are doing ok playing the way we are not the max Bird way. We can monitor him next season when we are soaring above Bristol and he’s warming there bench hopefully.

12 hours ago, Sandman said:

I was tempted to wager £100 pounds on Bolton getting the automatic promotion slot at the odds of of 100-1, but I've resisted temptation. I'd rather Derby were promoted than have ten thousand pounds in my bank account. That's the heart ruling the head.

Bolton now an average of 6/4 to go up. Not worth the bet. If it was still 100/1 it would be worth a bet. We go up, you're deliriously happy and don't give a damn about the lost bet. Bolton go up, you're totally deflated but at least you've got the wherewithall to fund the next 2 to 3 season's football if you do home and away.

My choice would be to lose the bet..

1 hour ago, McMuffin said:

Well we are doing ok playing the way we are not the max Bird way. We can monitor him next season when we are soaring above Bristol and he’s warming there bench hopefully.

In L1, yes. Max playing the more advanced MF role in the SBC would be a great help, IMO. We'll need to play more "proper football" next season in the SBC, if/when we get there (we aint up till the rotund bint warbles)

8 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Bolton now an average of 6/4 to go up. Not worth the bet. If it was still 100/1 it would be worth a bet. We go up, you're deliriously happy and don't give a damn about the lost bet. Bolton go up, you're totally deflated but at least you've got the wherewithall to fund the next 2 to 3 season's football if you do home and away.

They are 100/1 to make the top 2 still on bet365 

10 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I would damn well hope so. Otherwise, get off this forum. 😀

4 minutes ago, O'hare is the goat said:

To be fair... as much as he knows that we know... I didn't expect him to publicly announce he has informed his players to take it easy, and even pop the ball in their own net if we're struggling.

He's too much of a gentleman.

Carlisle are a professional club and they are professional players and coaches, if anything they'll be extra motivated to at least make a mark, for pride, defiance, etc.

We should be able to overcome that, but I fully expect a last "show them you can play" effort that just wouldn't be there if they had their last game with nothing on it.