Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

...if we start the same as last week then Barks, Bird, Hourihane, Waghorn,  CBT & Washington there's no room for either a semi fit Gayle or TJJ, although if fit I'd have both to replace Wash and Wag 

Fair few goodbye substitutions by the look of that lot...

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Is he any less fit than Curtis was in that crucial last game against Sheff Wednesday? 

Personally I doubt he'll be on the bench, be surprised  if TJJ was either despite comments on the training pitch we have a strong bench as it is, if we start the same as last week then Barks, Bird, Hourihane, Waghorn,  CBT & Washington there's no room for either a semi fit Gayle or TJJ, although if fit I'd have both to replace Wash and Wag 

How can I possibly know if he is any less fit that Curtis was for that game but I doubt he was "nowhere near match fit".

I can see Bolton absolutely busting a gut to get an early goal. They can go for it til halftime and try and go a goal or two up and put the pressure on us.

Going steady doesn't work as if our game is still goaless they  need to play a full strength team for 90mins, potentially to no avail. They may as well throw caution to the wind and play a ton of strikers and if they concede so be it, at least then they know they can rest players 2nd half.  Also psychologically if they lose there is no ill-effect, they know they didn't play their typical game.

It makes it dangerous for us as they have nothing to lose, they are high odds so they may as well roll the dice for the big pay off.

An early goal for Bolton will send a few nervous waves around the crowd. 

Possibly Peterborough knowing they are already out of it means they are less likely to blow up... they know they are there just to keep ticking over. I'd be sending them out to keep it tight and hit Bolton on the break.

.I anticipate Derby keeping the ball for periods. Relatively conservative and run Carlisle ragged and bring on the subs regularly if we can't score. Would love to see us coming smashing out the gates but can't see it.

I think Bolton will give us a scare but concede and we will eventually win a tight game.

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Is he any less fit than Curtis was in that crucial last game against Sheff Wednesday? 

Personally I doubt he'll be on the bench, be surprised  if TJJ was either despitecomments on the training pitch we have a strong bench as it is, if we start the same as last week then Barks, Bird, Hourihane, Waghorn,  CBT & Washington there's no room for either a semi fit Gayle or TJJ, although if fit I'd have both to replace Wash and Wag 

And we all know how that ended up.!

24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Careful about going back into town post-match everyone.

It's already started, whatever it is. No more than one person chanting 'Come on You Rams'?

"A dispersal order is now in place for Derby city centre, following concerns about anti-social behaviour.

The order will be in place until 11am on Sunday 28 April. The order started at 11am on Friday 26 April, and covers the areas pictured on the map."

"Officers and PCSOs will be using the dispersal powers to disperse anyone found causing anti-social behaviour in Derby city centre for a maximum of 48hrs.

Dispersal orders give officers extra powers to direct groups to leave an area if they are involved in ASB or disorder, if members of the public are being harassed, alarmed or distressed, or if officers think their behaviour may lead to anti-social behaviour.

Anyone who returns to the area after being moved on, will face being arrested."

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's already started, whatever it is. No more than one person chanting 'Come on You Rams'?

"A dispersal order is now in place for Derby city centre, following concerns about anti-social behaviour.

The order will be in place until 11am on Sunday 28 April. The order started at 11am on Friday 26 April, and covers the areas pictured on the map."

"Officers and PCSOs will be using the dispersal powers to disperse anyone found causing anti-social behaviour in Derby city centre for a maximum of 48hrs.

Dispersal orders give officers extra powers to direct groups to leave an area if they are involved in ASB or disorder, if members of the public are being harassed, alarmed or distressed, or if officers think their behaviour may lead to anti-social behaviour.

Anyone who returns to the area after being moved on, will face being arrested."

I assume it just means they’ll allow celebrating fans behaving sensibly (if we nail it tomorrow) but reserve the right to move folk on if it gets a bit too rowdy or members of the public feel harassed.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I assume it just means they’ll allow celebrating fans behaving sensibly (if we nail it tomorrow) but reserve the right to move folk on if it gets a bit too rowdy or members of the public feel harassed.

Agree. Although most of us cant understand why the whole of Derby arnt Rams.😅🤣

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Shaped like a bird to remind everyone that if they’re naughty, they’ll be in trouble with the beak.

That’s not the reason, it’s  a tribute to that  Derby County supporting budgie.🦜🦜
😂😂😂😂🐏

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

54 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Careful about going back into town post-match everyone.

Gonna need a list of pubs just outside that area. Just in case.

What happens if you live or you parked in town?

Edited by oodledoodle