Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

Another over the top reaction from those who can control the public, Ones persons disorder is another persons party, I think we'll need VAR here to decide.

Are fans going to celebrate if DCFC are promoted...of course they are, Do people celebrate the New Year...of course they do, Is there any dispersal orders on New Years day?...football support has changed over the years, The police attitude to supporters hasn't. 

Come Sunday afternoon if someone is attacked in Derby town centre...there'll not be 1 old bill to be seen 🙄

22 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Another over the top reaction from those who can control the public, Ones persons disorder is another persons party, I think we'll need VAR here to decide.

Are fans going to celebrate if DCFC are promoted...of course they are, Do people celebrate the New Year...of course they do, Is there any dispersal orders on New Years day?...football support has changed over the years, The police attitude to supporters hasn't. 

Come Sunday afternoon if someone is attacked in Derby town centre...there'll not be 1 old bill to be seen 🙄

I assume it's just to deal with the worst case scenario, should anything happen.

Seems a bit over the top but I think it just enables police to react more positively if things turn nasty. So if for example the unthinkable happens and we don't go up, there could be trouble. But otherwise people celebrating won't be an issue  

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's already started, whatever it is. No more than one person chanting 'Come on You Rams'?

"A dispersal order is now in place for Derby city centre, following concerns about anti-social behaviour.

The order will be in place until 11am on Sunday 28 April. The order started at 11am on Friday 26 April, and covers the areas pictured on the map."

"Officers and PCSOs will be using the dispersal powers to disperse anyone found causing anti-social behaviour in Derby city centre for a maximum of 48hrs.

Dispersal orders give officers extra powers to direct groups to leave an area if they are involved in ASB or disorder, if members of the public are being harassed, alarmed or distressed, or if officers think their behaviour may lead to anti-social behaviour.

Anyone who returns to the area after being moved on, will face being arrested."

If the police are heavy handed, can we invoke the dispersal order on them? Just asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Apparently the VAR official is called Bill, and he is elderly, so there is an obvious conflict of interest. Rioters are considering their options.

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand that but I wouldn’t want to waste a place on the bench for someone not remotely match fit. We have enough players, that may be called upon, to fill our substitutes allocation. Also, how much of a psychological boost would it be to be seen to be picking a player in that condition?

I’m not convinced it would have that much effect or is even required. I would think, and hope, the players and fans will be going into the game full of confidence (but not complacency) already. 

I’d love to see Gayle available and on the bench but only if fit to play.

Merely wishful thinking. He’s been training and of course hope he wouldn’t even be close to being required, but if he’s a high percentage fit, assessed to the hilt, he may make it (bench). 
…… As for next season, yes please! 

8 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Watched his first game - never been so happy after a 5-0 or 5-1 thrashing.

Still have my "Igor says Idemo Gore" ("we're going up" in Croatian) T-shirt from the Ramtique........choices, choices....it's that or the '96 Puma promotion shirt tomorrow 🤔

Does he drink cask ale too. Wow he couldn’t go higher in my estimation but somehow he just has 😍

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Merely wishful thinking. He’s been training and of course hope he wouldn’t even be close to being required, but if he’s a high percentage fit, assessed to the hilt, he may make it (bench). 
…… As for next season, yes please! 

I agree but I was responding to your original post that you’d like him on the bench even if he’s nowhere near match fit which is a bit different to high percentage fit.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

"Prepare yourselves for the worst, and hopefully enjoy the best" 

The point is, there is no point in making a point unless it's 3 points

How we win, as we win, when we win

Edited by ramit
typo

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Am I missing something here? The police have highlighted an area where they will deal with anti social behaviour, shouldn't they be doing that everywhere, isn't that kind of their job?

They’ll just make it worse, they’ll get the battons and spray out like they usually do