Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Carlisle are a professional club and they are professional players and coaches, if anything they'll be extra motivated to at least make a mark, for pride, defiance, etc.

We should be able to overcome that, but I fully expect a last "show them you can play" effort that just wouldn't be there if they had their last game with nothing on it.

I’m quite happy for Carlisle to show us they can play as long as they don’t show us they can score 🐏🐏🐏

Posted (edited)

For the love of God, how can it only be Thursday?!? 

Anyway, here's Warney chatting about preparations and mindset for our final game. For those of you sensitive souls who break out in hives just hearing his voice, he says the mood is upbeat and we'll be setting up to win the game, not looking for a draw. He warns against complacency and made it clear that Carlisle won't be taken lightly, but says he and the players will be ready and up for the challenge.

Conspicuously absent were any questions about player fitness, so no updates on that score at all, so Fozzy, Bird and Gayle will all clearly be starting.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/04/carlisle-united-h-preview-paul-warne-202324-season

Edited by Comrade 86

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Bolton now an average of 6/4 to go up. Not worth the bet. If it was still 100/1 it would be worth a bet. We go up, you're deliriously happy and don't give a damn about the lost bet. Bolton go up, you're totally deflated but at least you've got the wherewithall to fund the next 2 to 3 season's football if you do home and away.

My choice would be to lose the bet..

You're confusing the bet that's relevant to Saturday. They are 6/4 to go up, but that includes the play offs, which they would be favourites for.

They are still 100/1 for the autos which would deny us. 

There is a scenario whereby Derby could win the play offs and you would still win your 100/1 bet.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Carlisle are a professional club and they are professional players and coaches, if anything they'll be extra motivated to at least make a mark, for pride, defiance, etc.

We should be able to overcome that, but I fully expect a last "show them you can play" effort that just wouldn't be there if they had their last game with nothing on it.

I'd expect Simpson to say exactly that, He's been in football a loooong time to know what to say when down with the dead men...but, Players are the ones who count, It's on the day, It's what frame of mind you're in, How many will be playing for their livelihood, How many expect to be moved on, Who is in the Simpson camp and who isn't...and most of all...who can be arsed?

They're down and relegated for a reason...they're not very good, If our players turn up and I expect every Derby player to do his duty 😊 then all will be fine.

Also I expect to be staggering home sometime on Saturday evening from visiting and talking to lots of like minded Derby fans in our boozers.  

16 hours ago, Sandman said:

I was tempted to wager £100 pounds on Bolton getting the automatic promotion slot at the odds of of 100-1, but I've resisted temptation. I'd rather Derby were promoted than have ten thousand pounds in my bank account. That's the heart ruling the head.

Aye but think of the therapy you could afford if you were unlucky enough to win that kind of money...

I've lobbed £30 at it, the odds are extraordinary considering it's only based on two results on the last game of the season when anything can happen as we've seen all too many times before!

30 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

For the love of God, how can it only be Thursday?!? 

Anyway, here's Warney chatting about preparations and mindset for our final game. For those of you sensitive souls who break out in hives just hearing his voice, he says the mood is upbeat and we'll be setting up to win the game, not looking for a draw. He warns against complacency and made it clear that Carlisle won't be taken lightly, but says he and the players will be ready and up for the challenge.

Conspicuously absent were any questions about player fitness, so no updates on that score at all, so Fozzy, Bird and Gayle will all clearly be starting.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/04/carlisle-united-h-preview-paul-warne-202324-season

Yep, just listened to the Rams Daily podcast on bbc sounds for the pre match presser, only provided updates on Gayle and TJJ.

Said Gayle is rejoining training today ahead of schedule because he wants to be involved on Saturday (Warne did make a comment about not taking a risk as if the worst does happen on Saturday he’d need him for the playoffs but I think that’s a bit of gamesmanship from Warne). He also said John-Jules was the best in training on Tuesday. So we could have a strong squad to choose from for Saturday. 

32 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Aye but think of the therapy you could afford if you were unlucky enough to win that kind of money...

I've lobbed £30 at it, the odds are extraordinary considering it's only based on two results on the last game of the season when anything can happen as we've seen all too many times before!

Just looked ,, only 50 to 1 on bet fred

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yep, just listened to the Rams Daily podcast on bbc sounds for the pre match presser, only provided updates on Gayle and TJJ.

Said Gayle is rejoining training today ahead of schedule because he wants to be involved on Saturday (Warne did make a comment about not taking a risk as if the worst does happen on Saturday he’d need him for the playoffs but I think that’s a bit of gamesmanship from Warne). He also said John-Jules was the best in training on Tuesday. So we could have a strong squad to choose from for Saturday. 

I think Warne is trying to make everyone part of Saturday’s excitement.

Training with ‘the lads’ will boost their spirits and make them feel part of a winning

We can’t risk having players on the bench who aren’t fully fit. If a forward gets injured after ten minutes would either Gayle or TJJ be able to play 80?

I don’t think so.

Shame, because the two Ws play like, well two Ws.

42 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If Gayle has been training at all I’d be shocked if he wasn’t on the bench on Saturday.

If we’re 1-0 down with 10 minutes left and Bolton are 2 or 3 up, you chuck Gayle on and wait for him to get on the end of it.

I'm inclined to agree.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

If Gayle has been training at all I’d be shocked if he wasn’t on the bench on Saturday.

If we’re 1-0 down with 10 minutes left and Bolton are 2 or 3 up, you chuck Gayle on and wait for him to get on the end of it.

Even nowhere near match fit be great to see him on the bench for morale. Players and fans. TJJ too 

Edited by SKRam
Added e to moral

24 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Even nowhere near match fit be great to see him on the bench for morale. Players and fans. TJJ too 

A bit of a waste of places on the bench to have two “nowhere near match fit” players there isn’t it?