End of season celebrations.

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

That’s a few weeks before I moved to Derby. Didn’t start supporting them til 1987. 
Surely the ref should have stopped the game and insisted the fans get back in the stands. 

I think he tried wagging his finger at them, but that was clearly never going to suffice  

In hindsight, It’s as clear as day that he should also have peeped on his whistle a couple of times! 

27 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

You're a decade late Kath...late 60s 

My memory is not as good as it was🤣 thought it started in 70,s with scarves round wrists following bay city rollers trend. Not me though, just a little to old to be a bay city roller fan.🤣😂

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember Forest blowing a 3 point lead and a 7 goal swing when they played like a pub team against Stoke and Swansea turned into 1970 Brazil for the evening.  4 goals is nowt.  Peterborough have a  9 goal swing to make up.  That seems too much but they have a lose 5 nil, win 4 nil habit.  All a bit stressful.  2-0 at halftime please to make me feel better Derby. 

While we’re talking about forest….  Greatest example of taking an outcome for granted…. YEOVIL! 😀

On 19/04/2024 at 18:26, Ram-Alf said:

Yep memory loss 

The Dev is more of a restaurant, We moved in there when the Rifleman shut, But getting a table was a pain, So used outside...in winter 🥶

Then moved onto the Railway on Kings St

They've done a very good job of the decor, And yes...only snacks...ie cheese board, Bowls of chips n the like 

Glad to hear the Rifleman's is open again. Used to go in there several times a week when I worked at t'Mill - they had a very good pint of Pedigree but that was almost twenty years ago.

Let the following be a warning regarding the dire consequences of pitch invasions.

Back in the early '70s when I was about 9, me and me mates went to a night match at the BBG. As was our custom, we paid a tanner to go in the boys end. As was also our custom, come half time we nipped over the fence so as to get into the Pop Side.

As we walked along the edge of the pitch, a photographer was blocking my way, but in going around him, I strayed over the line onto the pitch. Then, disaster! A stalwart steward, spotting my incursion, swooped. Having single-handedly foiled the mass pitch-invasion, the heroic man in the tabbard frog-marched 9 year old me out of the ground and told me to clear off.

As well as having to navigate my way home alone, I also had to tell me mam that I was early because I'd been chucked out.

Now tell me that pitch invasions are a good idea!

On 22/04/2024 at 13:27, old tray boy said:

I suppose after the Pitch invasion anyway the spiteful FA can then Dock us 146 points and promote Mickleover instead.

It would be the EFL docking points not the FA.

And I'm not sure Bolton and Peterborough would be best pleased if Mickleover were promoted in our place. 😀

Edited by ThePrisoner

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Do I smell a dose of unnecessary anti immigration sentiment sneaking in there?

It would be the EFL docking points not the FA.

And I'm not sure Bolton and Peterborough would be best pleased if Mickleover were promoted in our place. 😀

Especially when they've been deducted points for allegedly fielding an ineligible player...

I've been reading that the EFL might dock us points if there is a pitch invasion after the game on Saturday. I find that pretty hard to believe. Pompey fans would be on the pitch if they were at home - they already did it last week. Several teams who avoid relegation will be on their pitches. Same in the other divisions. Are all of them going to get points deductions? I think not.

The reality is that, IF we are promoted on Saturday, there will be a pitch invasion. 1,000 people will do it anyway. As soon as they are on the pitch, everyone else will follow. It's football and events like this are what keeps you going through losing to Southend in freezing conditions in February. 

The downside is that some people aren't able to get onto the pitch. IMO, the club should embrace it and make provision for helping the less able bodied to participate in the best party of the year.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I've been reading that the EFL might dock us points if there is a pitch invasion after the game on Saturday. I find that pretty hard to believe. Pompey fans would be on the pitch if they were at home - they already did it last week. Several teams who avoid relegation will be on their pitches. Same in the other divisions. Are all of them going to get points deductions? I think not.

The reality is that, IF we are promoted on Saturday, there will be a pitch invasion. 1,000 people will do it anyway. As soon as they are on the pitch, everyone else will follow. It's football and events like this are what keeps you going through losing to Southend in freezing conditions in February. 

The downside is that some people aren't able to get onto the pitch. IMO, the club should embrace it and make provision for helping the less able bodied to participate in the best party of the year.

I don't think anyone has seriously suggested that we might face a points deduction if there's a pitch invasion, have they?

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I don’t know where you’ve been reading that but I suspect there is zero chance of a points deduction. It happens all the time when a team wins something or gets promoted. It’s already happened at least twice this season (Pompey and Wrexham) and I’ve not see any mention of such a sanction.

Wherever you read it, stop reading there.

I also don’t think the club should embrace a pitch invasion. They’ll probably expect it’s going to happen IF we seal promotion but they shouldn’t be encouraging it. Accept that some will run on the pitch but hope/aim to get them to return to stands for the lap of appreciation to take place. I’m not sure how the elderly and unsteady person on the row in front of me would be partying on the pitch. 😀

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t know where you’ve been reading that but I suspect there is zero chance of a points deduction. It happens all the time when a team wins something or gets promoted. It’s already happened at least twice this season (Pompey and Wrexham) and I’ve not see any mention of such a sanction.

Wherever you read it, stop reading there.

I also don’t think the club should embrace a pitch invasion. They’ll probably expect it’s going to happen IF we seal promotion but they shouldn’t be encouraging it. Accept that some will run on the pitch but hope/aim to get them to return to stands for the lap of appreciation to take place. I’m not sure how the elderly and unsteady person on the row in front of me would be partying on the pitch. 😀

Old Man Dance GIF