End of season celebrations.

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Dear Derby County,

My previous missive to you refers...

Ignore stop
Forgot about the early kick off stop
plenty of time for half baked baguettes later stop
looks like i'll have time to invade the pitch with the mob after all, before geting kicked off, go and say hello to @angieram patiently standing... erm, sitting... in the stands, whooping at the belated lap of honour, and still home in time for Sale of the Century on catch up. (*It's from Norwich... It's the quiz of the week).

stop

regards.
feeling a bit more important now cheers stop

Dear Derby County, 

As this sporting extravaganza falls around the time one consumes luncheon, would you please be kind enough to ensure the cuisine’s temperature is above the usual tepid level. One needs sustenance to soak up a couple of pints of dark fruits. 

Yours sincerely

41 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I thought it was cut with something they use in worming tablets. It must be true you show me someone on coke who has got worms.

I cut my fair-trade, ethically sourced coke up exclusively with organically produced plant based protein powders.

It costs a little more, and you can only buy it from farmers market's, but my WokeCoke (pat pending), is as kind to the environment as it is your nostrils. 

Make no mistake, we’re on the pitch next week. Promotion is all but done.

Palace 1996, we had a great pitch invasion and then a lap of honour too. I see no different to this weekend coming up.

Fans celebrations on the pitch are special, promotions at home are special. It’s a rarity. Let the fans enjoy it. Lap of honours are ok and I’m sure will happen, but this is generational, regardless of division.

That fat lady is about to sing, enjoy it….

11 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

Palace 1996, we had a great pitch invasion and then a lap of honour too. I see no different to this weekend coming up.

Fans celebrations on the pitch are special, promotions at home are special. It’s a rarity. Let the fans enjoy it. Lap of honours are ok and I’m sure will happen, but this is generational, regardless of division.

I think the players in 1996 went in the directors box with jim and lionel not round the pitch, to many fans on the pitch. The directors box was very close to the pitch there.

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

Dear Derby County, 

As this sporting extravaganza falls around the time one consumes luncheon, would you please be kind enough to ensure the cuisine’s temperature is above the usual tepid level. One needs sustenance to soak up a couple of pints of dark fruits. 

Yours sincerely

Does dark fruits know about this or is it a surprise (sorry I just couldn’t resist it 😂)

34 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

‘All but done’………. Arggghhh please I’m happy clapper A level but please take absolutely nowt for granted….. yet 

2 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Does dark fruits know about this or is it a surprise (sorry I just couldn’t resist it 😂)

I can’t see any food pairing guidance on the website but I imagine this is would be the guidance for cider:

White lightening - serve warm with a couple of roll ups, alfresco park bench dining optional

Dark fruits - serve cool but slightly watered down in crowded establishments with soggy chips and a luke warm burger with one piece of lettuce 

Asquith - served in a glass filled with unnecessary ice. Accompanied by a scotch egg with a perfectly cooked yolk, or a warm sausage roll. 

1 minute ago, B4’s Sister said:

I can’t see any food pairing guidance on the website but I imagine this is would be the guidance for cider:

White lightening - serve warm with a couple of roll ups, alfresco park bench dining optional

Dark fruits - serve cool but slightly watered down in crowded establishments with soggy chips and a luke warm burger with one piece of lettuce 

Asquith - served in a glass filled with unnecessary ice. Accompanied by a scotch egg with a perfectly cooked yolk, or a warm sausage roll. 

And there was me thinking it was our own Dark fruits member 😂

13 hours ago, David said:

Pitch encroachment is a criminal offence.

With that, the club are duty bound to remind fans prior to the game, you cannot criticise them for that.

The same message is repeated at the end of every season, regardless of what we have or don't have to celebrate.

It's a hey, we did ask the fans not to, we also had sufficient low paid staff in high viz jackets around the perimeter of the ground to the governing body. What can they actually do more to prevent it other than bringing back cages? 

Prosecuting thousands of fans is never going to happen, so it will be the club that will pay the price with a possible fine if the EFL see fit. 

Do or do not, my opinion matters not, I think we all know it will happen regardless of what is said on here and by the club.

I just hope we don't have any numb nuts that have been on the Carling and marching powder taking it too far attacking staff, players or opposition fans, should be a time to celebrate, not use it as an excuse to be a thug.

And on the what have we got to celebrate topic, yeah we're "just" going back to the Championship, however it wasn't a normal relegation by any standards and returning after 2 seasons given where the club was, is very much a reason to celebrate with our sanctions also being lifted next season.

This does feel like a fresh start moment for the club, I will be having a drink or two or three or more tonight if Warne and the boys get the 3 points this afternoon. 

Disagree? That's not illegal, just don't piss on the parade, especially with the anti Warne stuff when the bloke will have completed the first stage in his objectives. 

We're on our way, we're on our way, to the Championship, we're on our way, how we get there, I don't know, how we get there, I don't care, all I know that Derby's on their way...🎵🐏

I'll be on the hallowed turf, if i can get there. Last time I was there was at the BBG v Palace. What. A. Day. 1996.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Genuinely never got the desire to be on the pitch. Is it cause it's a forbidden fruit? Something you don't usually get? Bit like people with foot fetishes I suppose.

Foot fetish now then……feet GIF

3 minutes ago, falconram said:

What about some Mexican waves through the game, might get west stand involved, I'm on it like a church, I get a few odd looks bangin the front frow

Great idea... although we'll need some form of headgear to go with it.
If only somebody could come up with a suitable suggestion...  

I’d love to go on the pitch to have a moment to celebrate. I think the draw to do so is to be part of the ‘we’ that is always referred to. No seats and stairs in the way of celebrating with everyone around and being able to stand on the turf where promotion was won. I sit up right at the top of the upper stand so there’s probably zero chance I would be even get near the pitch anyway 😂 But I can guarantee B4 will be there on the pitch 😉