End of season celebrations.

9 hours ago, trappatoni said:

If we go up on the last game I'm on the pitch - I don't believe it's beyond the army of stewards they employ all year for no apparent reason to usher the players off safely - not that I think that would be needed. 

And all the kids waiting in the stands to see their team to walk round the pitch, do they not count?

11 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Get the sense people just like to judge other fans, anyone who’s watched any football in the last ten years will know there will be a pitch invasion if we are promoted.

didn’t even occur to me that was a potential negative until I came on here!

I don’t really care what happens to be honest as long as we’re promoted!

The negatives which have only just occurred to you are not people judging other fans. They are genuine negatives.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, trappatoni said:

It's a celebration - the players come over to the fans literally every game.   Fans are treated as an inconvenience by football far too much these days.   If you don't want to go on the pitch fine but it's sad if you can't enjoy other people celebrating. 

The minority stumbling and cavorting around the pitch is ("Will be") an inconvenience to the majority.

If you want to go on the pitch fine, but it's sad if you spoil the fun for the majority, and spoil the plans currently being mooted by the club as a whole, the players, the staff, the club hierarchy, and their families.

By staying in the stands, you, me, and all of us will enjoy celebrating... together.  

🐏

#Not holding my breath
#Practicing my booing as we speak
#save our Lap of Honour
#etc

9 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

It's a celebration - the players come over to the fans literally every game.   Fans are treated as an inconvenience by football far too much these days.   If you don't want to go on the pitch fine but it's sad if you can't enjoy other people celebrating. 

So you’re not bothered about the majority of fans who choose not to (or aren’t able to) go on the pitch being able to show their appreciation one last time from the stands? You’re not bothered about the players showing their appreciation to the fans by parading around the pitch with their families? 

I don’t have a problem seeing other Derby fans celebrating but I’d quite like the opportunity to applaud the players, and receive their applause in return (yes, I’m convinced they’re aimed specifically at me 😀) one last time before I put my scarf away for the summer. Nothing sad about that. I fact I think it’s a bit sad that some folk don’t care about the majority of their fellow fans or what the players might want. 

Dear Derby County.
Could you please advise whether there is a planned lap of honour by the club's players, management, and staff following the final whistle of the game v Carlisle.
It's just that, if this isn't planned, I can shoot off straight away, and be home for tea, before you can say "Meh, well that was a pleasant enough afternoon, I guess".

However, should this be planned... and executed unhindered... I would be more than happy to stay behind, with I guess 99% of the fans, and applaud all those involved in giving us a wonderful season to remember, showering them all with gratitude and congratulations in equal measure, before partying later in the evening.

If you could get back to me it would be most appreciated, as I'll need to know what time Muckerette needs to put the half-baked baguettes in the oven.

Yours sincerely,
Nobody important.

I think that, provided we're promoted, we should turn the Carlisle game into a Truth & Reconciliation event where, after the game, any fan who booed the team, sang "Paul Warne, your football is s*it", phoned into RD for a good old moan or screamed into Conor Hourihane's face at Stevenage should have the opportunity to do a lap of dishonour on their knees while receiving the forgiveness of the players, management and their fellow supporters.

What do you guys think? 😉

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If you could get back to me it would be most appreciated, as I'll need to know what time Muckerette needs to put the half-baked baguettes in the oven.

Yours sincerely,
Nobody important.

baguettes, cor that’s posh!

By the time I get home I’ll be celebrating promotion with a chippy tea!👍😁

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That bold bit is where the problem lies, imo.

I envisage the majority of the attendance (22k+) will scuttle off home having not had the chance to thank/congratulate/celebrate with the people that matter... players and staff.

Shame really... but utterly not unexpected.  

Those that scuttle off home would be doing it anyway, regardless. Miserable barstewards, the lot of 'em! 

Anyway, I think there's going to be a pitch invasion, then the stadium announcer will tell them to get back behind the boards so the players can come out, that's going to take 30 minutes or so, then we'll have the lap of honour. 

I'm waiting, it's not even as if folks will be missingtheir tea with the early kickoff.

16 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

spacer.png

I see you had some chips n peas with your gravy...did this come with life saving instructions? 😁

image.png.5a1c490d86cc692970164e8850a5742c.pnggoes into his local chippy and asks...how much are your chips...6d says the man, And how much are your peas...oh they're 3d, And your gravy...oh that's free says the man...in that case i'll have a carton of gravy says Horace

24 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

spacer.png

The gravy is invading the paper. Completely disrespectful. How are the chips supposed to show celebrate the end of the meal with the peas now?

Pitch encroachment is a criminal offence.

With that, the club are duty bound to remind fans prior to the game, you cannot criticise them for that.

The same message is repeated at the end of every season, regardless of what we have or don't have to celebrate.

It's a hey, we did ask the fans not to, we also had sufficient low paid staff in high viz jackets around the perimeter of the ground to the governing body. What can they actually do more to prevent it other than bringing back cages? 

Prosecuting thousands of fans is never going to happen, so it will be the club that will pay the price with a possible fine if the EFL see fit. 

Do or do not, my opinion matters not, I think we all know it will happen regardless of what is said on here and by the club.

I just hope we don't have any numb nuts that have been on the Carling and marching powder taking it too far attacking staff, players or opposition fans, should be a time to celebrate, not use it as an excuse to be a thug.

And on the what have we got to celebrate topic, yeah we're "just" going back to the Championship, however it wasn't a normal relegation by any standards and returning after 2 seasons given where the club was, is very much a reason to celebrate with our sanctions also being lifted next season.

This does feel like a fresh start moment for the club, I will be having a drink or two or three or more tonight if Warne and the boys get the 3 points this afternoon. 

Disagree? That's not illegal, just don't piss on the parade, especially with the anti Warne stuff when the bloke will have completed the first stage in his objectives. 

We're on our way, we're on our way, to the Championship, we're on our way, how we get there, I don't know, how we get there, I don't care, all I know that Derby's on their way...🎵🐏

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Anyway, I think there's going to be a pitch invasion, then the stadium announcer will tell them to get back behind the boards so the players can come out, that's going to take 30 minutes or so, then we'll have the lap of honour. 

I'm waiting, it's not even as if folks will be missingtheir tea with the early kickoff.

Oh yeah!  Forgot about the early kick off.  I need to reword my letter to the club on the matter!  🤣

5 minutes ago, David said:

I just hope we don't have any numb nuts that have been on the Carling and marching powder taking it too far attacking staff, players or opposition fans, should be a time to celebrate, not use it as an excuse to be a thug.

It's this bit that concerns me most. Maybe the early KO will help, but some people seem to regard a few lines as part of the matchday experience these days and that can blur their judgement and fire up the aggression.

If you can't celebrate promotion without fuelling up, that's pretty sad.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Prosecuting thousands of fans is never going to happen...

Maybe so, but a trained snatch squad wouldn't do any harm.  Drag a dozen or so away, 4 months without water, sunlight, or contact with the family, then put them in the dock, before sentencing max bird!  (*Did anyone see what I did there? Anyone?)

#THAT'LL LEARN 'EM!

Dear Derby County,

My previous missive to you refers...

Ignore stop
Forgot about the early kick off stop
plenty of time for half baked baguettes later stop
looks like i'll have time to invade the pitch with the mob after all, before geting kicked off, go and say hello to @angieram patiently standing... erm, sitting... in the stands, whooping at the belated lap of honour, and still home in time for Sale of the Century on catch up. (*It's from Norwich... It's the quiz of the week).

stop

regards.
feeling a bit more important now cheers stop

Edited by Mucker1884