End of season celebrations.

Celebrate the return of the Rams after very nearly being killed by Steve Gibson, Rick Parry, Kieran Maguire and that arse from Wycombe,

Go on the pitch/don't go on the pitch, just stay in the ground and enjoy the day then retire to a pub crawl round town.

Merry Widows, Neptune, Metro Bar, Tiger Bar, White Horse, Noahs Ark, Jorrocks, Dolphin, Bess of Hardwick etc. 

If someone would be so kind as to shovel me on the last train to Utch it would be greatly appreciated.

COYR 

25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Celebrate the return of the Rams after very nearly being killed by Steve Gibson, Rick Parry, Kieran Maguire and that arse from Wycombe,

Go on the pitch/don't go on the pitch, just stay in the ground and enjoy the day then retire to a pub crawl round town.

Merry Widows, Neptune, Metro Bar, Tiger Bar, White Horse, Noahs Ark, Jorrocks, Dolphin, Bess of Hardwick etc. 

If someone would be so kind as to shovel me on the last train to Utch it would be greatly appreciated.

COYR 

Kieran Maguire???

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

‘All but done’………. Arggghhh please I’m happy clapper A level but please take absolutely nowt for granted….. yet 

Remember Forest blowing a 3 point lead and a 7 goal swing when they played like a pub team against Stoke and Swansea turned into 1970 Brazil for the evening.  4 goals is nowt.  Peterborough have a  9 goal swing to make up.  That seems too much but they have a lose 5 nil, win 4 nil habit.  All a bit stressful.  2-0 at halftime please to make me feel better Derby. 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

COYR 

Record fair until 7pm then craft beers at Bustler Market after the game.

Allow me... if you will... to hark back to times of old...

The very first attendance by this then 12 year old boy at the BBG.
Spookily, it was v Carlisle, and spookily v.2, it was the final game of the season.

Yeah, ok, the game was rubbish.  Yeak, ok, I didn't witness any goals, and yeah ok, the players appeared to be a tad tipsy on the day.
But what a classy bunch of players they were.
Crisp white uniform tops, looking as resplendent as anything the US Navy could aspire to, hoisting and tossing the shiniest, and most coveted trophy around, for all to see, all to share, all to be proud of, and all to rejoice in, as one massive "in it together" football family.

... And not a pitch invasion in sight! 
Classy players.  Classy fans.  Classy Football Club!

I repeat... this was the first game of my Derby County supporting career.  I could have easily walked away, as there was no tie. 
That day, or any day since, I could have headed off and simply changed my shirt. (Red was very popular for the following few decades!)
But this was the day that made me think "Yeah.  I can stick with this for the rest of my life.  Once a Ram, always a Ram.  I'm in" 
The classiness of that day had not passed me by.  I was in.  I was hooked.  🐏

We'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of this, next season. 
Shall we invade the pitch after every home game to mark the occasion? 👀

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Allow me... if you will... to hark back to times of old...

The very first attendance by this then 12 year old boy at the BBG.
Spookily, it was v Carlisle, and spookily v.2, it was the final game of the season.

Yeah, ok, the game was rubbish.  Yeak, ok, I didn't witness any goals, and yeah ok, the players appeared to be a tad tipsy on the day.
But what a classy bunch of players they were.
Crisp white uniform tops, looking as resplendent as anything the US Navy could aspire to, hoisting and tossing the shiniest, and most coveted trophy around, for all to see, all to share, all to be proud of, and all to rejoice in, as one massive "in it together" football family.

... And not a pitch invasion in sight! 
Classy players.  Classy fans.  Classy Football Club!

I repeat... this was the first game of my Derby County supporting career.  I could have easily walked away, as there was no tie. 
That day, or any day since, I could have headed off and simply changed my shirt. (Red was very popular for the following few decades!)
But this was the day that made me think "Yeah.  I can stick with this for the rest of my life.  Once a Ram, always a Ram.  I'm in" 
The classiness of that day had not passed me by.  I was in.  I was hooked.  🐏

We'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of this, next season. 
Shall we invade the pitch after every home game to mark the occasion? 👀

Didnt the pitch invassions take off in the late 70's when football hooliganism started.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

COYR 

Exactly. Anyone who accuses us of being tinpot because we’re celebrating finishing 2nd in league one (baring a disaster on Sunday) needs to be reminded that it’s more than simply promotion we’ll be celebrating. The club, and its supporters, have been to hell and back over the last couple of years and this will be the first chance we’ve had to celebrate anything. Even the last day survival against Sheffield Wednesday was in the Covid year.

OK, so we’ve not won the cup, we’ve not even won the league 1 title so let’s not get too carried away with open bus tours or anything but let’s celebrate the moment.

oh, and if you do go on the pitch, can we please find a way to still allow the players and their families to do their lap of appreciation?

Although the club probably felt they had to publicly ask supporters to stay off the pitch, if it does happen, perhaps after a short period of time, they could announce that if those on the pitch would return to the stands the players would do their lap (advising the players in advance that this is the plan if there is a pitch invasion)?

Such an announcement might encourage those still in the stands to hang around as well.

Edited by Tamworthram

10 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

I can’t see any food pairing guidance on the website but I imagine this is would be the guidance for cider:

White lightening - serve warm with a couple of roll ups, alfresco park bench dining optional

Dark fruits - serve cool but slightly watered down in crowded establishments with soggy chips and a luke warm burger with one piece of lettuce 

Asquith - served in a glass filled with unnecessary ice. Accompanied by a scotch egg with a perfectly cooked yolk, or a warm sausage roll. 

After walking to two pubs that were both shut, Wrestlers and the corner house I gave up and decided on alfresco dining courtesy of Aldi and a very good burger van. I think B4 would have approved.

IMG_2714.jpeg