End of season celebrations.

37 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's this bit that concerns me most. Maybe the early KO will help, but some people seem to regard a few lines as part of the matchday experience these days and that can blur their judgement and fire up the aggression.

If you can't celebrate promotion without fuelling up, that's pretty sad.

For me, if your behaviour has a negative impact on others, that's where I have a problem.

If you want to stick a few lines of coke cut down with aerial non bio up your nose, risk a stadium ban, arrest and all the consequences that come with that, go for it, just don't be a knob to others whilst your ego has been artificially inflated for a brief period of time.

If you want to go punch someone after the game because they are from a different city and wear a different shirt, go for it, just find likeminded individuals and do it away from others where women and young fans are innocently just trying to get home after the football match.

Install big cages, load it with weapons and have fans sign waivers before entering, no use of medical services allowed and the coroner will come collect any bodies in the morning.

It's when that behaviour impacts others, reading situations from fans on this forum, especially older fans that have had dealings with other fans at away games really annoys me. 

Be it alcohol or drugs, if you can't control yourself then you should be in therapy, not a football stadium.

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but watched leverkusen last week, was amazing scenes in the ground. Never occurred to me that the people on the pitch were ruining it for the kids.

Yes the kids would probably love to run on the pitch.   

The players come over to the crowd every single game - the idea that somehow fans being on the pitch for 5 minutes would prevent them coming back out is just miserable b'stards who have nothing better to moan about.  Time was fans went on the pitch last game of every season - it did no harm. 

6 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

The players come over to the crowd every single game - the idea that somehow fans being on the pitch for 5 minutes would prevent them coming back out is just miserable b'stards who have nothing better to moan about.  Time was fans went on the pitch last game of every season - it did no harm. 

A lot longer than 5 mins though, when we went up with the bald eagle the fans never left the pitch.

3 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

If fans just went on the pitch for 5 minutes (without harassing the other team or the officials) and then returned to the stand in order to allow the players to come back out that would be OK but, something tells me it wouldn’t quite happen like that.

Maybe I’m one of the miserable b’stards you’d referring to but I don’t think so. I know I’m not some 12 year old that feels the need jump around on the pitch just because we’ve secured promotion to the Championship. 

9 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Yeah am with you on this, finding ways to moan about how we celebrate a promotion is a new form of grumpiness to me!

Been a long time coming so just hope everyone enjoys it if it happens! 

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah am with you on this, finding ways to moan about how we celebrate a promotion is a new form of grumpiness to me!

Been a long time coming so just hope everyone enjoys it if it happens! 

So my 5 year old grandson  cant enjoy watching his heros di a lap of honour then, so everyone cant enjoy it like you say. Seems in todays world people just think of themselves.

19 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby: Clowes warned by EFL pitch invasion independent disciplinary commission that a points deduction will be considered at both Cambridge Utd and Pride Park, should fans encroach. Three man panel of Parry, Gibson, Couhig to oversee punishment. More in paper tomorrow. #reluctantnicko.

Latest news: the points have been anticipatorally deducted, with the message  "Better luck next season", from the 3 Bandidos.

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m genuinely interested as to why you would run on the pitch. 
What’s so fun about it? 
I’m asking a genuine question. 

Actually I was on the pitch after the Brighton play-off semi, and the pitch felt absolutely gorgeous to walk and run on. I can remember loads of people doing knee-slides!  It was in incredible condition. Sadly I didn't know that they dug the pitch up in pre-season and laid a new one, or I would have made a bid in order to re-lay my lawn at home, which is about 7ft long, and has more weeds and flowers than a meadow!

Not interested now because apart from being a crap surface, the PP pitch is part artificial nowadays.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Dear Derby County,

My previous missive to you refers...

Ignore stop
Forgot about the early kick off stop
plenty of time for half baked baguettes later stop
looks like i'll have time to invade the pitch with the mob after all, before geting kicked off, go and say hello to @angieram patiently standing... erm, sitting... in the stands, whooping at the belated lap of honour, and still home in time for Sale of the Century on catch up. (*It's from Norwich... It's the quiz of the week).  AHAAAAAGHHH!!!!!

59 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Expressing concern about the club being fined or worse, or others not being able to enjoy the celebrations because some fans want it all for themselves is not being a "moaning b*stard".

But many will do what they want to do, I understand that. I just hope that, if there are any repercussions on the club, that they'll have the cajones to stick their hands up and admit they made a mistake.

1 hour ago, Ilkestonian said:

Me for one as I posted it in the Cambridge match thread yesterday morning - come on, keep up Roy, thought you were more on the ball than that 😂

The tweet is dated 11:00 20/04/24 and I thought some might have missed your vital update. 😄 #COYR

If the players get a bonus for a promotion ... then the fans should get their bonus, and be able to celebrate on the pitch for a bit.

The reasons for the rules and laws about pitch invasions are fairly obvious, but I don't think that they really arose to address end-of-season celebrations.

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

If the players get a bonus for a promotion ... then the fans should get their bonus, and be able to celebrate on the pitch for a bit.

The reasons for the rules and laws about pitch invasions are fairly obvious, but I don't think that they really arose to address end-of-season celebrations.

Fair enough if the players and their families have done their lap thanking the fans.

10 hours ago, David said:

For me, if your behaviour has a negative impact on others, that's where I have a problem.

If you want to stick a few lines of coke cut down with aerial non bio up your nose, risk a stadium ban, arrest and all the consequences that come with that, go for it, just don't be a knob to others whilst your ego has been artificially inflated for a brief period of time.

If you want to go punch someone after the game because they are from a different city and wear a different shirt, go for it, just find likeminded individuals and do it away from others where women and young fans are innocently just trying to get home after the football match.

Install big cages, load it with weapons and have fans sign waivers before entering, no use of medical services allowed and the coroner will come collect any bodies in the morning.

It's when that behaviour impacts others, reading situations from fans on this forum, especially older fans that have had dealings with other fans at away games really annoys me. 

Be it alcohol or drugs, if you can't control yourself then you should be in therapy, not a football stadium.

I thought it was cut with something they use in worming tablets. It must be true you show me someone on coke who has got worms.