End of season celebrations.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The guy would not shut up about amortisation.  Gibson used those constant ramblings to start his own. 

Tbh it went like this :

EFL announce new TV money deal = Mel disapproves and starts a campaign against EFL= they turn against him = EFL approves DCFC’s amortisation structure = Maguire writes an email  to EFL to highlight how such a scheme actually works = EFL charge Derby = Middlesbrough jump on the bandwagon = Derby acquitted = appeal = different panel = derby found guilty = then ambulance wants some piece of the action = EFL want to use Derby as a scapegoat for their failings to properly outline a FFP plan and to be seen to be doing a better job. 

anyone who has a problem with a celebratory pitch invasion is the definition of a fun sponge in my book. Of course, many people want that moment of cathartic joy to be expressed by running onto the pitch. Obviously it goes without saying people need to behave themselves and ideally getting off the pitch within 10-15 minutes so a lap of honour can proceed afterwards would be great but i would be surprised if there wasn't a pitch invasion and if there is one I will likely join 🙂

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

anyone who has a problem with a celebratory pitch invasion is the definition of a fun sponge in my book. Of course, many people want that moment of cathartic joy to be expressed by running onto the pitch. Obviously it goes without saying people need to behave themselves and ideally getting off the pitch within 10-15 minutes so a lap of honour can proceed afterwards would be great but i would be surprised if there wasn't a pitch invasion and if there is one I will likely join 🙂

Well make sure you get off after 15 mins so us oldies that cant run can applaud the team🤣

58 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Super Mac was a grumpy chap after this ! Final whistle hadn’t been blown 😅

We got away with that  one. There were calls, not just from Supermac and Fulham supporters, for the game to be replayed, but the FL decided that wouldn't be fair to Leicester because, due to other results, we wouldn't have been relegated if we'd lost anyway, so we were hardly likely to bust a gut in a replayed game. I don't doubt that if our survival HAD depended on that result, it would have been replayed.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

oh, and if you do go on the pitch, can we please find a way to still allow the players and their families to do their lap of appreciation?

This. I think those who don’t want it to happen (which is fair) are better off accepting that it will happen, and not getting worked up over it.

I feel like I remember a couple of times in that period where we seemed to invade the pitch at the end of every season (which was weird looking back) that people cleared off after a while and the players came back out. Maybe my memory is faulty, but it’s completely doable.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

That’s a few weeks before I moved to Derby. Didn’t start supporting them til 1987. 
Surely the ref should have stopped the game and insisted the fans get back in the stands. 

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

After walking to two pubs that were both shut, Wrestlers and the corner house I gave up and decided on alfresco dining courtesy of Aldi and a very good burger van. I think B4 would have approved.

IMG_2714.jpeg

That looks good. He definitely would have approved

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Celebrate the return of the Rams after very nearly being killed by Steve Gibson, Rick Parry, Kieran Maguire and that arse from Wycombe,

Go on the pitch/don't go on the pitch, just stay in the ground and enjoy the day then retire to a pub crawl round town.

Merry Widows, Neptune, Metro Bar, Tiger Bar, White Horse, Noahs Ark, Jorrocks, Dolphin, Bess of Hardwick etc. 

If someone would be so kind as to shovel me on the last train to Utch it would be greatly appreciated.

COYR 

That’s my mood and intentions Utch, first time I can take my kids and do what me and my old man have done a few times.

You don’t forget these memories , no matter how much alocihol 🍻

I may get pelted by virtual rotten fruit for pointing this out, but after the Play Off Final win under Billy Davies the police shut every pub in Derby City Centre for 2 hours to avoid any 'over-exuberance'.