Match Thread: vs Portsmouth (a)

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Think Warnes had a stinker there and 2 points dropped. They didn't look like doing anything that second half. Their LB picked up an early yellow, should've pulled Collins for Wash and him and NML go at them down that wing. Sat back, left Collo on too long and inevitably they score.

Yeah absolute stinker 2-2 at the leaders sort it out Warne 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No point leaving him on if were going to play like we do for the second half. 

Their first was offside i'm hearing . ?

Yep, slightly. Very tight though so I don’t blame the officials too much. VAR would have spotted it. Unfortunately it isn’t used in L1 😔

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sadly that's the last chance of winning the league gone, but on balance, I suppose it's a fair enough result. Disappointing that the offside and handball were not clocked for their goals, but we could have conceded a pen on another day.

There'll be some tired legs in both changing rooms tonight. Two decent sides who gave their absolute all.

I'd gladly let them have the pen if both of their goals were scrubbed off.

Shame we sat back so much. I have a feeling I’ve heard that before, somewhere. But in the end it took an offside goal and a handball goal to peg us back.

It was a pretty good match, especially given the conditions! And unless we “Northampton” our remaining matches, we are as good as promoted.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Now that we are promoted, I hope Clowes is searching for our next manager this summer to give us a chance of progression in the Championship.

I’d be looking at Mowbray’s situation once he recovers.

You were banned before for admitting to deliberate WUMing. Settle down. The banhammer is twitching.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Take that, for sure. Yes, it could've been more but this point could make such a difference, it's no longer on goal difference if Bolton win their game in hand.

We defended superbly, undone by a brilliant strike, which I don't think Wildsmith was at fault for despite getting a touch on the ball. Obviously if that had not gone in, we don't know how we would've held up, it would have been like the alamo as we were getting deep a bit too early, that's my only criticism.

The point suits both of us. A defeat would've been disastrous, not only with zero points for us, but in the battle Portsmouth have going forward.

In avoiding defeat, it means unless they lose vs Shrewsbury and Bolton beat Bristol Rovers, they can confirm their promotion against Bolton. In avoiding defeat we've basically given them the perfect opportunity against our closest challengers.

Before today, I would've been delighted with 4 points from Portsmouth and Wycombe. If we don't beat Wycombe then tonight's result becomes disappointing. However if we can beat Wycombe, then we put ourself 2 wins away from promotion. Tonight's result has basically allowed us a fantastic opportunity to get ourselves over the line.

Happy with that.

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

Yeah absolute stinker 2-2 at the leaders sort it out Warne 

We caused them problems every time we ran at them so to sit back for 45 minutes imo is a bad tactical decision. Yes before the game you'd take a point however we got it but had we gone for it we'd of put real pressure on the teams below.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You were banned before for admitting to deliberately WUMing. Settle down. The banhammer is twitching.

Why? I think my points are valid. I’m confident we’ll get promoted and have been for a while.

I’m confident we would struggle with Warne as manager in the Championship.

Surely I’m allowed an opinion 🤷‍♂️

Wildsmith looked nervy all game, Blackett-Taylor looks like he's gonna be a fun signing once he's fully integrated into the team, Cashin magnificent at the back (again), great to have Collins back in the starting line up. Would have taken a point before the game, so certainly won't complain.