Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

Nelson and Cashin are a top 10 Championship pairing. 

Wilson, Bird and NML all Championship quality. 

Get Wildsmith back in goal. 

We need a winger, a left back and a very, very athletic central midfielder. The central midfielder is priority to help cover the gaps when games get stretched. At times it looks like we have nobody in there. 

The ref has had a shocker. Step forward @DavesaRam.

Edited by Norman

Get in.

To be frank, I couldn't actually care less that we didn't win by 2 goals to go into 2nd. There's 20 games left, the only thing separating us and Peterborough are the fact that they've scored 2 goals more than us. Whether we won 3-2 or 4-2, nothing is decided tonight. We haven't ended a matchday in 2nd place since February 2018 under Rowett, and we still ended up finishing 6th that year.

The most important thing is that we won, I don't care how. That game had a hell of a lot of "you can just see it going wrong" things on the list, I think @Srg listed a fair few before kick-off. Local game, new manager, ex-players, bringing on a striker making his league debut (and scoring 3 minutes in), contentious referee decisions, or lack of them, coming back to bite us. There was the potential for things to go very wrong. And if you watched on Sky, they did their typical thing of putting up stats that completely jinx the game, such as how few goals Burton have scored.

These are the kind of games where we've messed up in the past and it's cost us in the past. From the minute it went to 2-1, we were poor, there's no excuses being made for that, it was a tough watch. But I'd much rather show that we still need a bit of work in January when that work is possible, and still winning at the same time means there's very little damage.

Take the points and carry on, we're a point off top with a game in hand, no matter how we performed tonight that's an excellent place to be. Three games in a week coming up, two of which are away and in the away table we are 1st, so there's a lot to be positive about.

Hopefully CBT can join the ranks before Lincoln, and maybe one or two more before the end of the window and then we'll be well on our way to getting out of this league.

Onwards and upwards, and thank God for Conor Hourihane's left foot.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm still really annoyed by the fact that as a collective (players and manager) we s*** the bed as soon as we went 2-0 up. That was totally 

Interesting that Barks and Connor more or less said the same in the post match interview.  Will anything change though? Shan't hold my breath.