Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Wilson   Bird   Hourihane   Sibley   Elder

Collins   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Bradley, Ward, DRobinson, Thompson, Barkhuizen, John-Jules, DBrown

I would bring Wildsmith back, but defo have Vickers on the bench. Wildsmith can do daft things (imagine if he'd been sent off when conceding that first-minute penalty against Oxford), plus while rarely used, not having a keeper on the bench sows seeds of doubt in your mind in terms of how you should play. With Nyambe at the African Cup of Nations, I think this is our strongest and most balanced starting lineup.

Some saying Fozzie has a calf injury , bringing Sonny B into contention for a place .I sat in the north end of the East stand last night and couldn’t believe how deep Bradley and Cashin sat when we were on the attack. They clearly worry about any speedy forwards. That leaves massive area’s in midfield for Bird and Hourihane to cover . But they don’t have the legs to do it .Burton would have had a spy at the game .

23 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Some saying Fozzie has a calf injury , bringing Sonny B into contention for a place .I sat in the north end of the East stand last night and couldn’t believe how deep Bradley and Cashin sat when we were on the attack. They clearly worry about any speedy forwards. That leaves massive area’s in midfield for Bird and Hourihane to cover . But they don’t have the legs to do it .Burton would have had a spy at the game .

Outside chance that that was why they played deep. Lull BA into a false sense of security... or Bradley just isn't that quick anymore.

Wildsmith

Wilson Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Bird   Hourihane   Sibley   

Barkhuisen Collins   Mendez-Laing

Not saying it should be this lineup but think it’s the most likely.

Back to 4-3-3 with Sibley theoretically providing the extra ‘legs’

17 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

We have quite a poor record against them in competitive games 

If they put in a performance like last night's then expect that'poor record' to continue!

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Wildsmith

Wilson Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Bird   Hourihane   Sibley   

Barkhuisen Collins   Mendez-Laing

Not saying it should be this lineup but think it’s the most likely.

Back to 4-3-3 with Sibley theoretically providing the extra ‘legs’

Need the extra body in midfield to cover Bradley’s lack of pace on the counter. Though Hourihane wouldn’t be my choice for that role. I’d rather Thommo played alongside Bird and Sibs, but while Hourihane is available he’ll start.