You are a legend Mr Clowes. Now, please plan for the next stage

kevinhectoring

He will always be our hero.  

But here we are: a 60% chance of staying in this godforsaken league for at least another season. And as each year goes by, our club’s stock falls lower. 

And even when we get back to the championship, is DC the man to lead us to the PL? Nope. Portsmouth, owned by a Disney billionaire, have a good chance of getting there. And they’ll be competing with other clubs owned by billionaires, some flying high on parachute payments. Truth is, Ryan Reynolds is more likely than us to see his team in the PL any time soon. (Or is it Netflix’s team?) 

DC needs NOW to employ a smart well-connected agent to prepare a detailed proposal for a sale and to quietly and selectively market it to football mad billionaires across the globe. With middling PL clubs now going for 100s of millions, many might fancy a roll of the dice with us. 

If he does that successfully,  he will go from hero to superhero. If he does not, many of us -  including him - might not see our team in the top flight ever again. 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

But here we are: a 60% chance of staying in this godforsaken league for at least another season. And as each year goes by, our club’s stock falls lower. 

And even when we get back to the championship, is DC the man to lead us to the PL? Nope. Portsmouth, owned by a Disney billionaire, have a good chance of getting there. And they’ll be competing with other clubs owned by billionaires, some flying high on parachute payments. Truth is, Ryan Reynolds is more likely than us to see his team in the PL any time soon. (Or is it Netflix’s team?) 

DC needs NOW to employ a smart well-connected agent to prepare a detailed proposal for a sale and to quietly and selectively market it to football mad billionaires across the globe. With middling PL clubs now going for 100s of millions, many might fancy a roll of the dice with us. 

If he does that successfully,  he will go from hero to superhero. If he does not, many of us -  including him - might not see our team in the top flight ever again. 

I'm sure DC will be very grateful for your advice.

How have you calculated our likelihood of us staying in this league at 60%?

Truth is, the days of spaffing megabucks up the wall in the hope of promotion and/or winning something are, hopefully, behind us. Many clubs will have learned from our experience. Others haven't been so lucky and either don't exist or they are no longer in the top 4 divisions. Others currently struggling include Everton -10 points this season. Citeh facing something like 115 charges. Chelski in the deep dark and sticky. Reading in deep trouble. Wigan still struggling. DCFC will, for the foreseeable future, only spend money it has. DC has made that clear. Right now we aren't, IMO, attractive enough for a billionaire wanting to turn his billions into millions...

Abroad you see Real and Barca a billion each in debt. It simply can't go on.

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I read garbage like this and seriously wonder if the poster is on a wind up or drugs.

There's been a competitive budget for League 1 this season and nothing to suggest next year's budget will be penny pinching whichever division we're in? Warne chose to spend the pennies on wages and not fees. You can argue about his recruitment this summer which seems average, not terrible, not outstanding at this point.

DC might not be a spend our way to the prem owner but we had one of those recently and things kinda went a bit bad. I don't see any reason for him to look to sell and selling a championship club would likely be a lot preferable to selling a league 1 club.

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Speak for yourself , the man saved derby county and gave me back my love of football and everything derby , I live and work in london swamped by chelsea , arsenal , Man U ect fans and a good few of them follow derby results , will us on , have banter and most of all see me as a proper football fan with season tickets travelling miles upon miles and see derby as a proper club , this god forsaken league 1 ? Since Mel drove our club to the wall I’ve started to experience the real passion and rollercoaster that football should be again, I’ve watched us win the league twice in my lifetime and they were great times but were wins any better feeling than wins today with the south stand and half the ground singing 21 points ?     NO, 

derby county mate ,,, that’s it 🤷🏻‍♂️, if we are meant to go up we will , if we are meant to compete at the top table again we will but I’m in no hurry to put pressure on clowes run before we can walk or place us in the hands of somebody with no connection with or understanding of our club and city to be a toy till they get bored 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Haven’t we rolled the dice before didn’t turn out to well, Having nearly disappeared I’d rather stay sustainable under a real rams fan ( Morris wasn’t) than be a rich mans/corporation play thing until he/they gets bored if that means no higher than the championship so be it 

We didn't exactly have buyers knocking the doors down last time we were up for sale and it's worth noting there are only around 3000 billionaires in the world.

Why not just let us consolidate after the years of turmoil we have had recently, is that means a few more years in power his league, hardly the end of the world. Still get to see our team play on a Saturday afternoon 😊

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Clearly you were always going to get those who like to jump on comments such as yours. They will always think that if you are not running things as seems to be happening at the moment, the alternative must be that you are being reckless with spending. 

I will be delighted if DC sells up so long as his company gets there money back and we end up with a proper board, not a fan with no industry experience running the club. 

We need a structure for the long term and I don’t believe we have that at the current time. 
🪖

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

How have you calculated our likelihood of us staying in this league at 60%?

Used my fingers and it’s windy outside.  I’d say we have a 10% chance of making autos, 30% of winning the play offs if we don’t. Both may be pessimistic if we get an energetic midfielder and a good forward in Jan.

I know we’re on a decent run but our form is inconsistent