Pro Warne

Jram

13 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think if Warne takes us up, Clowes would give him a fair crack at the job in the division above. Despite noticeable fan unrest a couple of months ago, Clowes was quick to dampen down any prospect of Warne leaving & despite my wishes to the contrary, I did actually really admire that stance. Clearly we don't ever want to return to the 3rd tier so there would be enormous pressure on Warne to deliver a very different outcome to the Rotherham job in the division above but presumably that's why he dropped down to manage us in the first place. 

I think this is spot on. Warne's agent would no doubt be agitating for a new contract, but Warne is unproven in the Championship, would still have 2 years left on his current contract and will need to prove his chops in that league before being extended.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

I think this is spot on. Warne's agent would no doubt be agitating for a new contract, but Warne is unproven in the Championship, would still have 2 years left on his current contract and will need to prove his chops in that league before being extended.

Harsh as it sounds, he isn't really unproven. He's managed at that level and got Rotherham relegated.

Not to say the outcome would be the same with us, be he's not unproven.

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Some of the “silly fouls” will go when we get refs who don’t let the opposition buy free kicks with bus tickets

Where are these refs you talk about Kemosabe?

Yesterday a Villa player gets a pen(Atwell)yesterday after rolling on the floor backwards and forwards several times after he has the underside of his boot tapped...just one of a truck load of poor decisions so far this season.

Learning how to buy a "ticket" for a foul has flowed down the football league pyramid to the lows of Children's football, Until the football authorities clamp down on "play acting" it'll only get worse...if that's possible

1 or 2 pundits are calling players out...but refuse to call them cheats 🙄

41 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

In fairness, not even pep would stop Rotherham being crap.

Steve Evans gave them back to back promotions from League 2 and kept them in the Championship for a 2nd season. Warnock also managed to keep them up in 2016, the season before they were relegated under Warne. Further back, Ronnie Moore gave them 4 consecutive seasons at Championship level between 2001 and 2005.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Unproven? Think he has had a few cracks at it before and it’s not going particularly well a lot of the time. 

Saying that, I think he has Rotherham in the top 6 when he left them for us?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Steve Evans gave them back to back promotions from League 2 and kept them in the Championship for a 2nd season. Warnock also managed to keep them up in 2016, the season before they were relegated under Warne. Further back, Ronnie Moore gave them 4 consecutive seasons at Championship level between 2001 and 2005.

I guess our opinion of crap is very different.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What’s the relevance? We were 1st Division Champions twice in the 70’s

On 30/12/2023 at 14:38, Nuwtfly said:

We are playing some good stuff at the minute and are in good form, but that doesn't suddenly mean that the first half of the season didn't happen.

Perhaps i'm just somewhat pessimistic but I can't help but feel like we've been here before with this club at this point of the season. It's usually followed by a sub-par January window and then...the dip...

Let's hope we've learnt our lesson(s).

Also; on Warne himself - glad the team, and therefore he, is doing well, but there's just something about his Brentian interviews, his constant digs at supporters and his general communication style that just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry!

Funny how everyone’s opinions differ. I find his interview style both interesting and quirkily amusing. 

The unspoken slant of your The team is doing well so that helps Warne made me chuckle. So when it goes wrong does that mean it’s not all Warne’s fault ?  (something that crops up with regularity from the anti brigade.

Anyway I’m with those who aren’t in any camp, except the one that wants to sack managers after 2 poor results and has the patience of a four year old. 

Paul & Bob get it……….

”the guy that can enjoy the ordinary miserable days is a happy guy”…..

Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

Gone Hogmanay Fishing featuring Aberdeenshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001txx1

Lots of love and good health to you all and your families and all the very best for 2024.

Paul Warne, David Clowes and everybody at Derby County Football Club carry on being happy. 🖤🐏

Up The Rams 🐏

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Paul & Bob get it……….

”the guy that can enjoy the ordinary miserable days is a happy guy”…..

Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

Gone Hogmanay Fishing featuring Aberdeenshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001txx1

Lots of love and good health to you all and your families and all the very best for 2024.

Paul Warne, David Clowes and everybody at Derby County Football Club carry on being happy. 🖤🐏

Up The Rams 🐏

Did I mention that Claire grogan was sunbathing topless next to me on a very quiet beach in Simi in the 1990s?

Pert....... very pert,......😛😇

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Did I mention that Claire grogan was sunbathing topless next to me on a very quiet beach in Simi in the 1990s?

Pert....... very pert,......😛😇

Yum... you filthy beast, got me all hot under the collar now...lovely mental image.

How did Claire Grogan look by the way??

It's worth pointing out that when Warne was appointed interim manager at Rotherham at the end of November 2016, he was already their third manager of the season and they had a mere 7 points after 18 games, so they already had one foot in League 1. He was appointed formally after in April 2017, a few days after Rotherham had been officially relegated despite only improving their ppg from 0.39 to 0.57.

If he had managed to achieve the 45 points in 28 games that would have been necessary to keep them up, he would have been a hero in Derby without knowing it, because he would have relegated Forest by 1 point 😉

So when posters say "he got Rotherham relegated three times", they're not telling the whole story.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

It's worth pointing out that when Warne was appointed interim manager at Rotherham at the end of November 2016, he was already their third manager of the season and they had a mere 7 points after 18 games, so they already had one foot in League 1. He was appointed formally after in April 2017, a few days after Rotherham had been officially relegated despite only improving their ppg from 0.39 to 0.57.

If he had managed to achieve the 45 points in 28 games that would have been necessary to keep them up, he would have been a hero in Derby without knowing it, because he would have relegated Forest by 1 point 😉

So when posters say "he got Rotherham relegated three times", they're not telling the whole story.

Fair's fair, so you could say the same about his promotion record.

The covid season was ended early and final positions decided on PPG, avoiding the effects of a late season slump - they had only won 1 of their last 5 fixtures that season so very well could have got lucky it was cancelled when it was and not a game or two later.

Edited by May Contain Nuts