Pro Warne

Jram

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

My personal view is that any EFL restrictions are not materially more onerous than the budgets David clowes is prepared to fund anyway.

But we'll see in the summer....

Radio Derby are saying tonight that it’s restrictions Derby agreed with the EFL .

12 hours ago, Curtains said:

Radio Derby are saying tonight that it’s restrictions Derby agreed with the EFL .

But that doesn't mean that they are restrictions that Derby wouldn't be willing to exceed. Hopefully we will be sensibly run, but our current restrictions may be the absolute maximum that the EFL allow.

30 minutes ago, richinspain said:

But that doesn't mean that they are restrictions that Derby wouldn't be willing to exceed. Hopefully we will be sensibly run, but our current restrictions may be the absolute maximum that the EFL allow.

Could be either. But with losses of what, 7m so far and counting, I wonder how much on top of that David clowes is prepared to put up in the event that the EFL withdrew any/all restrictions?

We're losing a lot whilst a number of voices are saying we can't pay fees....

13 hours ago, Curtains said:

That's been known for a while.

It was also said that the EFL asked for no amendments to the business plan that DCFC submitted to them. 

As per normal a good proption of Rams fans have made themselves look total spanners.

They have no idea what goes on behind doors and instead go all keyboard warrior.

His interview was extremely enlightening and Inormative. Proves without question that the budget we have is small and we are maxed out.

I so want us challenging and promoted but not at the same of affecting our long term stability.

We have signed 2 class signings who add a good deal of improvement to the team (not just squad). Get a striker back and we are cooking.

We now (all) need to back the lads to the hilt. 

It abit in the air for me without the long balls over into the corners he tries too often its ok not great, but ok when nml went off. we were way more playing into the midfield and probably the most enjoyable game in a while once nml went off ( not saying it nml fault) 

On 29/01/2024 at 18:39, Van der MoodHoover said:

My personal view is that any EFL restrictions are not materially more onerous than the budgets David clowes is prepared to fund anyway.

But we'll see in the summer....

I disagree strongly with this 

but as u say personal opinions 👍

20 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Not "all" of us are off our tits on LSD every time we post, tbf.

I suppose not “all” of us can waste numerous hours typing about their confusion and accusing others of all sorts, about what they choose to post.

Enjoy the happiness of 3 points on a Saturday away from home, in London, a place that Derby don’t have a good record (pardon the pun) of winning in.

Up Paul Warne’s Derby County 🐏

Occasionally, teams make a single signing that transforms the team. 

Virgil van Dyke at Liverpool, Kante at Leicester are good examples off the top of my head.

I think Warne has found a player in Adams who can have a similar positive effect. 

Fitted almost seamlessly into that midfield, and just made everyone around him that little bit more effective.

Keep him fit, and he'll make a massive difference come the end of the season.

Good pick up in the Jan window, and brave to slot him straight in, good call Paul.