Pro Warne

Jram

10 hours ago, alram said:

We will need to back this disappointing result up with a few positive results to keep the momentum we built. worst thing that can happen now is we go on a bad run

The good news is we currently don't face top 6 opposition for 11 games (Barnsley) and only 2 other top half sides (Lincoln and Stevenage) so we have a very good opportunity to put another nice run together.

One loss and the Warne Out Out Thread kicks back in, with the best bit from @davenportram  predicting 3 games without a win, and the thread will restart, when @sage has already restarted it, with a bit of humour covering his real thoughts, and @davenportram has already contributed to it, sticking the thread high up in the charts on the dcfcfans forum for the whole wide world to see for any non-Derby County fan instantly jumping to the conclusion that Derby County fans, want their manager out, after a wonderful unbeaten run, after 1 defeat to another good team challenging for promotion, Peterborough, or the Derby County fans that don’t bother reading the content or understanding the fishing gif from Sage, and similar posts, and unfortunately might also jump to the same conclusion, also interpreting that a few Derby County fans want Warne Out Out.

@davenportram posted on the Warne Out Out thread………..

”Looks like I was right when I said once results turned the fans would stop being antiWarne.

I predict that if we go three games without a win this thread will restart”

……………………………………………………

So therefore I need to bite back on this Pro Warne thread and state that I read on this forum, that PW swore on Radio Derby in the post match interview after the game. I’ve not heard it, but it sounds like he was angry and disappointed with the result, or the question or both, like many of us were, and he shows his passion, and doesn’t hide and again I love him for it. 

I’m already looking forward to the next game where we fight again for a positive performance and the result we deserve from such. 🐏

36 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

One loss and the Warne Out Out Thread kicks back in, with the best bit from @davenportram  predicting 3 games without a win, and the thread will restart, when @sage has already restarted it, with a bit of humour covering his real thoughts, and @davenportram has already contributed to it, sticking the thread high up in the charts on the dcfcfans forum for the whole wide world to see for any non-Derby County fan instantly jumping to the conclusion that Derby County fans, want their manager out, after a wonderful unbeaten run, after 1 defeat to another good team challenging for promotion, Peterborough, or the Derby County fans that don’t bother reading the content or understanding the fishing gif from Sage, and similar posts, and unfortunately might also jump to the same conclusion, also interpreting that a few Derby County fans want Warne Out Out.

”Looks like I was right when I said once results turned the fans would stop being antiWarne.

……………………………………………………

So therefore I need to bite back on this Pro Warne thread and state that I read on this forum, that PW swore on Radio Derby in the post match interview after the game. I’ve not heard it, but it sounds like he was angry and disappointed with the result, or the question or both, like many of us were, and he shows his passion, and doesn’t hide and again I love him for it. 

I’m already looking forward to the next game where we fight again for a positive performance and the result we deserve from such. 🐏

How do you know what my real thoughts are?

You're just peeking through the keyhole

46 minutes ago, sage said:

How do you know what my real thoughts are?

You're just peeking through the keyhole

I don’t, and I don’t want to know! 😂

Please fill your keyhole with sage stuffing, potatoes and lashings of gravy! 😂

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

……………………………………………………

Was I actually being anti-warne though? 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

Was I actually being anti-warne though? 

No and I never said or typed that you were.

And that my friend still keeps this Pro Warne thread higher in the forum thread than that other PW thread.

Everyone’s a winner. 🐏

This one’s for @Blondest Goat

I personally admire fans that get behind the coach, manager, players and support the football club they support and when Derby County struggle that’s when they need their supporters the most, so it’s support them, wherever, whatever and we all saw that, when supporters of all ages marched together to Pride Park with the same goal of saving our football club, side by side together, with not one fan beside another saying or stating or implying on social media or this forum that they are a better fan for whatever reason, just loyal supporters that are proud to be Derby County supporters.

It’s only folk, especially on social media, that want to create something out of nothing, or imply that a certain person or person(s) are this or that from conclusions they have made or made up.

Up The Rams 🐏

Been thinking about this since Monday, but I think the Burton game felt like the most disappointed I’ve been in a Paul Warne side. I think I’m wrong with thinking this really but I really wanted a statement win, a good showing on the telly when we’d have a few eyes on us and I don’t think we delivered on that. I think that’s maybe from the armchair perspective I have on things more nowerdays though.

I just felt we were complacent as a club on Monday and I think Warne maybe needs to control that better? What I mean is I listened to pretty much all of Radio Derbys pre and post match coverage and the feeling I got was everyone they spoke to and themselves expected it to be a foregone conclusion that Derby would win. It reminded me sometimes of those days and nights that you’d walk in PP and you could sense in the ground an apathy around the place and you’d end up with a frustrating, poor game. I can’t quite explain why that was, sometimes you go in and sense you were in for a good game too.

I think we are getting to a really important part of the season and we can say this and that about performances and Warne’s style of play, but everything is in our hands and we need to maintain that we are picking up more points than the rest. League One football maybe isn’t about possession and nice football but about gambling on things that won’t come off 9 times out of 10. You rarely get time in the ball so the ball needs to be constantly moving. Mistakes will happen, but it’s maybe not worth the ‘oh maybe Elder isn’t up to this’ and ‘We need Wildsmith back’. Warne’s has rarely made a wrong decision overall this season, there has to be some acceptance that he knows what he is doing. I think if we want to get out of this league, we need to play the game what is presented. Maybe the players and Warne are doing that and it’s time for the rest of us to get on board. Fwiw, the radio Derby coverage has been a breath of fresh air since Gibbo’s return but I do think as a collective there’s a lot of over analysing stuff which then trickles down into the fanbase. It’s excellent radio, but I’m not sure it helps the mentality of the fans. Not that I want happy clapping either btw.

I was thinking about the Rosenior vs Warne stuff too today, and I have have no doubt that Rosenior would produce better football. I just don’t think it’d work in this league. Warne has set us up to go away from home and pick up points that are at difficult grounds. It works enough at PP but it sacrifices the shape of the midfield two. 

TL:DR I think it’s just time to enjoy everything and see what happens? It’s going to be chaos but just accept it for what it is and I think we will come out of it on the right side. I’ve kinda scattergunned this post but couldn’t be bothered writing in a load of different threads so here’s everything I think about the club atm.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Been thinking about this since Monday, but I think the Burton game felt like the most disappointed I’ve been in a Paul Warne side. I think I’m wrong with thinking this really but I really wanted a statement win, a good showing on the telly when we’d have a few eyes on us and I don’t think we delivered on that. I think that’s maybe from the armchair perspective I have on things more nowerdays though.

I just felt we were complacent as a club on Monday and I think Warne maybe needs to control that better? What I mean is I listened to pretty much all of Radio Derbys pre and post match coverage and the feeling I got was everyone they spoke to and themselves expected it to be a foregone conclusion that Derby would win. It reminded me sometimes of those days and nights that you’d walk in PP and you could sense in the ground an apathy around the place and you’d end up with a frustrating, poor game. I can’t quite explain why that was, sometimes you go in and sense you were in for a good game too.

I think we are getting to a really important part of the season and we can say this and that about performances and Warne’s style of play, but everything is in our hands and we need to maintain that we are picking up more points than the rest. League One football maybe isn’t about possession and nice football but about gambling on things that won’t come off 9 times out of 10. You rarely get time in the ball so the ball needs to be constantly moving. Mistakes will happen, but it’s maybe not worth the ‘oh maybe Elder isn’t up to this’ and ‘We need Wildsmith back’. Warne’s has rarely made a wrong decision overall this season, there has to be some acceptance that he knows what he is doing. I think if we want to get out of this league, we need to play the game what is presented. Maybe the players and Warne are doing that and it’s time for the rest of us to get on board. Fwiw, the radio Derby coverage has been a breath of fresh air since Gibbo’s return but I do think as a collective there’s a lot of over analysing stuff which then trickles down into the fanbase. It’s excellent radio, but I’m not sure it helps the mentality of the fans. Not that I want happy clapping either btw.

I was thinking about the Rosenior vs Warne stuff too today, and I have have no doubt that Rosenior would produce better football. I just don’t think it’d work in this league. Warne has set us up to go away from home and pick up points that are at difficult grounds. It works enough at PP but it sacrifices the shape of the midfield two. 

TL:DR I think it’s just time to enjoy everything and see what happens? It’s going to be chaos but just accept it for what it is and I think we will come out of it on the right side. I’ve kinda scattergunned this post but couldn’t be bothered writing in a load of different threads so here’s everything I think about the club atm.

Before we scored the winner I thought we put intense pressure on Burton moving the ball really well. 
It’s not always an easy out there in front of a big crowd as people think. 
PS Eric Steele is always on the negative side IMO. 

Others may disagree 

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Obviously a heartfelt post, but I prefer to see what's happening with my own eyes and then make my own mind up what I think about the team/club. I've listened to radio commentaries on Radio Derby when we have played away (i don't go to away games) but then watched the game on Ramstv the following day and it has been hugely different.

If you read the posts on here during a game when something has gone wrong, or a player makes a mistake, you could be forgiven for being mislead. Radio Derby is pretty good but certain presenters/commentators have their own agenda too (believe Dom is far more balanced than Ed Dawes used to be). 

People are so passionate for Derby to do well, I think it affects their balance and sense sometimes, when things do not go to plan. The female referee got a real pasting the last time she came to Pride Park, but watching the game back, she got virtually every decision right. Elder got slated on Monday night, but watching the game back, generally he did ok, apart from their second goal.

So my advice to everyone is don't be influenced by other opinions, make your own mind up based on what you see and the facts which are evident. I can be persuaded by a good argument with facts given to back up that argument, but not by people speculating based on their own bias, opinion and dislike of people.

59 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but in here seems as good as anywhere. The Lads are showing they never give up! And/or they’re super fit! And/or their added quality is telling when other teams tire! And/or they love putting us through a rollercoaster of emotions!

16 goals for and 8 against. Peterborough match our goal difference with 12 vs 4. The next best is Barnsley (12* vs 8.) and Wigan (9 vs 5). 

* The 12th was scored last night