Pro Warne

Jram

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but in here seems as good as anywhere. The Lads are showing they never give up! And/or they’re super fit! And/or their added quality is telling when other teams tire! And/or they love putting us through a rollercoaster of emotions!

I've just posted about 'selective' stats on the Burton matchday thread. I addition to your stats, we are by far the strongest team between the 75 and 90 minutes with 15 scored and 5 conceded, but 5th bottom after the 90th minute with only 1 scored and 3 conceded. Incidently Northampton are top in injury time at 7 to 2.

Does this indicate that our lads run out of steam or just switch off in injury time?

Edited by ram59
Extra information

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just posted about 'selective' stats on the Burton matchday thread. I addition to your stats, we are by far the strongest team between the 75 and 90 minutes with 15 scored and 5 conceded, but 5th bottom after the 90th minute with only 1 scored and 3 conceded. Incidently Northampton are top in injury time at 7 to 2.

Does this indicate that our lads run out of steam or just switch off in injury time?

Game management issue I'd suggest

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

Before we scored the winner I thought we put intense pressure on Burton moving the ball really well. 
It’s not always an easy out there in front of a big crowd as people think. 
PS Eric Steele is always on the negative side IMO. 

Others may disagree 

What's happened to my mate, the firebrand Curtains ( hope you're well David btw)

Give it a tub-thumping view - sounds like Eric should be ritually disemboweled in Derby market square....👍

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

This sounds suspiciously like anti warne rhetoric 🤔

Jokes aside- those post 90 stats are so close to other teams that they’re not worth considering. In fairness, likewise with the 75-90 stat. We could easily score none for the rest of the season. Too few games, too small sample size to read into it too much 

6 minutes ago, Jram said:

This sounds suspiciously like anti warne rhetoric 🤔

Jokes aside- those post 90 stats are so close to other teams that they’re not worth considering. In fairness, likewise with the 75-90 stat. We could easily score none for the rest of the season. Too few games, too small sample size to read into it too much 

Ahem....we play the same as everyone else of course.

But statistically, a sample size of 46 would normally be considered credible for the purpose of drawing statistical inference.

19 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ahem....we play the same as everyone else of course.

But statistically, a sample size of 46 would normally be considered credible for the purpose of drawing statistical inference.

It’s only half the season but, regardless, I wouldn’t consider 46 games a particular big sample in such a low scoring, random sport. I am admittedly no expert whatsoever though and would happily be corrected if someone works in sports getting or something 

10 minutes ago, Jram said:

It’s only half the season but, regardless, I wouldn’t consider 46 games a particular big sample in such a low scoring, random sport. I am admittedly no expert whatsoever though and would happily be corrected if someone works in sports getting or something 

I'd say it depends on what would be done with the stats. IMO opinion one season is not a great sample but it's the best available as the end of the season usually means radical change to the players.

It's not a very useful answer, but that's stats for you.

1 hour ago, Jram said:

The EFL and football leagues around the world have, for over a 100 years, decided that 46 games or less have been enough games to fairly decide who is good enough to win championships, gain promotions or bad enough to suffer relegations. 

At the end of the day, football league tables are just statistics and these are the statistics that decide where we play next season. What do you suggest, each season to last 5 or 6 years and 2 or 3 hundred matches, so we know who's truly the best and worst and who really deserves promotion and relegation?

I think he needs to up his bobble hat game if I'm honest.

I think a selection of ever more ridiculus in size, colour and style of bobble hats should be present so that as his mood rises and falls throughout the game he can change hat, to hat, to hat to let us all know how he's doing, and obviously the "win hat" and several grades of "miffed" to "absolutifukilydootily raging" to wear in his post match interviews.

Granted, budget probably is a constraint, but I'm sure once we get promoted we'd be able to afford a hat guy/gal to be constantly monitoring Paul Warne and making on the fly hat updates as needed throughout the day, thoughout the night.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, it keeps teams and fans interested throughout the season. Not perfect, but works ok for me.

No play offs we'd have gone back to the first division under Cox and again under Mcclaren.  No loss to Leicester and no back to back promotion under Cox. That lot keeps me interested enough to be honest .  Each to their own though. Wembleys good if you win not so much if you lose in them to a team who've won 4 less.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No play offs we'd have gone back to the first division under Cox and again under Mcclaren.  No loss to Leicester and no back to back promotion under Cox. That lot keeps me interested enough to be honest .  Each to their own though. Wembleys good if you win not so much if you lose in them to a team who've won 4 less.

We’re going off topic here but I’m 100% with @Jimbo Ram on this one. It keeps the season alive and interesting longer for a lot more teams.

I accept it would feel galling and inequitable if a team finished third - just short of the auto’s and a long way ahead of the the teams below them lost in the play offs but I’m OK with that (provided said team finishing third isn’t Derby of course 😀). perhaps the balance of power could be given back to the teams finishing 3rd and 4th by playing the semi finals over one leg only - with the 3rd and 4th place teams playing at home.
It will of course never happen but, if you wanted to be really whacky, they could copy the final game of Gladiators with a head start (one, two or three goal lead depending on how far ahead of the team you’re playing you finished). 😂. A silly idea I know before anyone tells me. I’m just having a laugh.

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, it keeps teams and fans interested throughout the season. Not perfect, but works ok for me.

The team that loses at Wembley keeps all the gate money , which can be a massive consolation if you miss out on promotion . As we know only too well after the Villa and QPR finals.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We’re going off topic here but I’m 100% with @Jimbo Ram on this one. It keeps the season alive and interesting longer for a lot more teams.

I accept it would feel galling and inequitable if a team finished third - just short of the auto’s and a long way ahead of the the teams below them lost in the play offs but I’m OK with that (provided said team finishing third isn’t Derby of course 😀). perhaps the balance of power could be given back to the teams finishing 3rd and 4th by playing the semi finals over one leg only - with the 3rd and 4th place teams playing at home.
It will of course never happen but, if you wanted to be really whacky, they could copy the final game of Gladiators with a head start (one, two or three goal lead depending on how far ahead of the team you’re playing you finished). 😂. A silly idea I know before anyone tells me. I’m just having a laugh.

Not such a daft idea at all in my opinion. You should be rewarded for your exploits over 46 games.

You could have a formula worked out whereby you have a 1 goal advantage for finishing 1 to 4 points ahead of your opposition, 2 goals for 5 to 8 and 3 goals for anything more than that.

It would maintain interest right to the end of the season because every point is valuable, target than making the playoffs and resting players, when they autos are out of reach.

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd quite like to see:

5th at home to 6th...

Winner away to 4th...

Winner of that at Wembley v 3rd.

3rd place may not guarantee promotion, but it guarantees a Wembley day out, and just the 1 play off tie to try to secure that promotion, rather than 3.

Another good suggestion, the only downside being that the third place team will have had a long break between the last game of the season and the final.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd quite like to see:

5th at home to 6th...

Winner away to 4th...

Winner of that at Wembley v 3rd.

3rd place may not guarantee promotion, but it guarantees a Wembley day out, and just the 1 play off tie to try to secure that promotion, rather than 3.

But surely that's worse, boiling the entire season down to 1 game? 

46 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Another good suggestion, the only downside being that the third place team will have had a long break between the last game of the season and the final.

Ah... but I have a cunning plan...

The first game is on the Saturday, the second game on the Sunday, and the Wembley Final on the BH Monday!

Sorry... I forgot to mention that bit!  😄