Embargo and Transfer restrictions lifted

B4ev6is

I’ve just seen on Twitter that we had the second highest amount of xG (expected goals) this season. I’m not a massive fan of that stat, but in reality we finished 7th top in the scoring list. All of those above us, except Bolton, scored more than us, as well as Charlton.

It’s clear to see where our problems lie. We just didn’t convert enough of our chances. The stats suggest we created more than enough, but for some reason, couldn’t finish it off. Plymouth finished with the second highest number of goals, 15 more than us. Imagine how different things could have been if we had scored 15 more goals, and how many more points we could’ve gained.

Now that the restrictions have been lifted, we really have an opportunity to recruit properly. If we get it right, we can add more goals throughout the squad. More energy will keep us on top for longer, create more pressure and bring more goals. It will negate the need to sit back and incite pressure when we tire, allowing teams back into games, and we’ll pick up a lot more positive results.

Obviously it’s far too early to say, we don’t know how the window will go and we don’t know all the teams in our division. But when you look at the potential for Warne to build a squad to suit him, and also the fact that League 1 appears as if it’ll be a fair bit weaker next season, we really do have a big opportunity of missing out on the play-offs again, but this time in a positive way.

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I wonder if the same decision would have been made, if we were still involved in the play offs.

Have the EFL decided that they will be far too busy laying into the likes of Birmingham, Reading and Peterborough etc and it’s maybe time to lay off Derby County for a bit, hence we will still be monitored by the EFL against our own budget and business plan.

Will the EFL and their officials be far too busy destroying other teams on the pitch instead of Derby County? 

Wouldn’t it be great to watch a live game of football involving Derby County where we could actually talk to our mates after the game or on social media without having to mention the EFL and their lousy officials and just discuss the football.

Fantastic.

I was thinking exactly the same thing....

At last we have the chance to play on a level field!

With respect please could the EFL:-

• Implement points reductions when appropriate rather than delay for 9 months. 

• Ensure that refs are conversant with rules governing yellow and red cards and what constitutes a penalty.
  • Adopt an  even handed and impartial approach which does not favour certain teams at the expense of others.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume this one didn't have his responsible adult to proof read before he posted this drivel.

Anyone who doesn’t know the difference between there and their can generally be disregarded in my opinion.

Are they aware of the general concept of ‘humour’. I suspect they would misinterpret anything to feel good about themselves. 

1 hour ago, MarsdenRam said:

I fully expect us to leapfrog the Championship teams directly into the Premiership. By Christmas.

Be careful now.  Next thing we'll all be accused by our banjo bothering neighbours of boarding HMS piss the league using Blackberry contracts to get on for free and still not having enough passengers to even fill the lifeboats.  The proof of this will be a picture they took off took of a half empty boat at 2 pm an hour before sailing.

the one thing that made Sunday easier was that we wouldn’t have been able to sign decent champ players if we had gone up, so waiting another year wasn’t so bad. 😫

This is of course Great news and with the teams coming down against the teams going up hopefully have a playoff place in us this time at least

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume this one didn't have his responsible adult to proof read before he posted this drivel.

Probably the same kind of mong that's constantly spouting off about "lEVeLs"...

I for one haven't been so excited about potentially reading "The fee is thought to be in the region of £500k" in my life!!

Let's just hope that we learn from recent history and start pissing & moaning about "Barker size fees", and having no ambition when we haven't smashed the piggy bank to sign X,Y,Z...

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Well Dan there's folk out there that will be Desperate for us to fail, And they will use this as proof...bring it on and the Cow Pies 😁

Sarcasm, dark humour, call it what you like. But please, please don’t think I’m being serious 😂

27 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Sarcasm, dark humour, call it what you like. But please, please don’t think I’m being serious 😂

Never for one second did I think you were serious, But there's things out there that live amongst us that will Coffee Shop Cat GIF

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does this now mean that the posts about the EFL being totally biased against us will now stop?

Nah, stupid question.

You jest, but the timing is interesting. Perhaps it's just (another) coincidence? Or, as others have implied, did the EFL want to ensure Derby had stayed down before taking their foot off the club's throat? 

I'm glad it's happened. I will never be convinced the EFL have treated us remotely fairly.