Embargo and Transfer restrictions lifted

B4ev6is

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys I have some good news to report on radio derby few mins ago all resitions have been lifted embargo too which means we can spend money on players but sensible fees not crazy money enough money for warn to weal and deal in summer transfear fees.

I now end the war with efl

Now we stand a chance at promation next season.

Would still rather us operate mostly in the free agent market, at least at first, there’s a strange amount of quality in there this year. Lifted restrictions is ideal for loan fees and paying compensation on young players who might get offered contracts though (Roberts), hopefully we can offer some longer contracts too, brilliant news

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

EDIT - managed to restart the phone in using the app. Sorry to have doubted the post! 
What great news that is, no restrictions or embargoes in transfers and fees but sensible investment that will be monitored by the EFL accordingly. Great news!!!

Can rewind it back and listen here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_derby

18:07 - "We can tell you there will be no restrictions or embargo next season on fees for Derby County going to get players ...."

Obviously Clowes is committed to not making the same mistakes as the previous owner and the EFL will still be keeping a watch over what we do, but we no longer have to check things through with them.

Edited by Cam the Ram

3 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Would still rather us operate mostly in the free agent market, at least at first, there’s a strange amount of quality in there this year. Lifted restrictions is ideal for loan fees and paying compensation on young players who might get offered contracts though (Roberts), hopefully we can offer some longer contracts too, brilliant news

Yep, would still like to see the sensible approach Clowes preaches and I believe we will. But it means we might be able to pick up a couple of the younger free agents and pay compensation as per the rules. Also the young Irish striker we’re being linked to for a couple of hundred grand would be good. I think the new head of recruitment has history of finding bargains from the Emerald Isle 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yep, would still like to see the sensible approach Clowes preaches and I believe we will. But it means we might be able to pick up a couple of the younger free agents and pay compensation as per the rules. Also the young Irish striker we’re being linked to for a couple of hundred grand would be good. I think the new head of recruitment has history of finding bargains from the Emerald Isle 

Not forgetting any sales by DCFC will give PW some bargaining power 👍 

We aren’t going to just jump into being Ipswich and pay 7 figure fees for individuals. I doubt we’d even be allowed to.

But it’s going to make all the difference that we can spend something, we must’ve been ruled out of so many targets because we couldn’t pay nominal fees, or agents wanted a few thousand for brokering a deal.

Saying all that, I will be baying for blood if deadline day comes and goes and we don’t splash out £4mil on the next Jacob Butterfield.