Embargo and Transfer restrictions lifted

B4ev6is

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve always been in favour of the approach you sell players for £3m you spend the £3m you generated turn use your budget sparingly on fee paying loans 

e.g. sell knight for £2-2.5m , Sibley £750k, Bielik for £1m 

use that on 4-5 players so five players at roughly £750,000 each 

I think it's difficult to find a market for those players at that price - Knight and Bielik in particular. 

Signings I’d like 

Jamie Cumming Loan - Chelsea GK / Carl Rusworth Loan Brighton GK 

Ogbene - Free Rotherham  W

leahy - Free Shrewsbury LB 

Pennington- Free Shrewsbury CB

Key - Free Exeter RB 

Jacobs Free Portsmouth W / House undisclosed Lincoln W 

Robertson Free - Portsmouth CB / Roberts Free - Brighton CB

Moxon - undisclosed- Carlisle CM

Collins - Undisclosed- Bristol R AM /FW/ Rak - Saki - Undisclosed Charlton W/ FW 

rodrigues - Undisclosed Notts C LW

May -   Free Cheltenham  CF 

Langstaff  undisclosed Notts C CF / Effiong Undisclosed Dagenham CF 

outs 

sibley 

knight 

thompson 

bielik 

davies 

stearman

chester 

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to buy all of those players you want? Anyway, just to pick out a few...

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

We won't be looking for a young number 1 to replace Wildsmith

Leahy played CM all season

House undisclosed Lincoln W 

House played as a CF all season

Collins - Undisclosed- Bristol R AM /FW/ Rak - Saki - Undisclosed Charlton W/ FW 

Collins will cost too much
Rak-Saki was only on loan from Palace. No chance of buying him, and they'll be looking to loan him to a Champ side

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to buy all of those players you want? Anyway, just to pick out a few...

We won't be looking for a young number 1 to replace Wildsmith

Leahy played CM all season

House played as a CF all season

Collins will cost too much
Rak-Saki was only on loan from Palace. No chance of buying him, and they'll be looking to loan him to a Champ side

Bristol Rovers want £4m for Collins, which has been made public. Even at half of that it's still too rich for us. 

Rak-Saki strikes me as a player who I think Palace may try and move on permanently following the form he finished the season in. I'd expect that to be in a similar ball park. If not, a loan out to a Championship club for a decent fee seems most likely. 

When you propose a figure like £2.5m for Knight then you would need to take that into consideration for Collins, who has just won League One's POTY. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Bristol Rovers want £4m for Collins, which has been made public. Even at half of that it's still too rich for us. 

Rak-Saki strikes me as a player who I think Palace may try and move on permanently following the form he finished the season in. I'd expect that to be in a similar ball park. If not, a loan out to a Championship club for a decent fee seems most likely. 

When you propose a figure like £2.5m for Knight then you would need to take that into consideration for Collins, who has just won League One's POTY. 

4m for a league 1 player it’s insane  tbh with hindsight we should have sold knight when his value was £4-5m estimated. Derby do seem to keep hold too long 

48 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

4m for a league 1 player it’s insane  tbh with hindsight we should have sold knight when his value was £4-5m estimated. Derby do seem to keep hold too long 

Did we get any £4-5m bids for Knight, because I don't recall any? Some clubs wanted to buy him for a tiful of nothing in January last year, but I don't think any bid came in that even had the Admins biting their arm off?

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Did we get any £4-5m bids for Knight, because I don't recall any? Some clubs wanted to buy him for a tiful of nothing in January last year, but I don't think any bid came in that even had the Admins biting their arm off?

I remember Burnley a few years ago put in 3m or something then a few 1-1.5m bids last year 

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

I remember Burnley a few years ago put in 3m or something then a few 1-1.5m bids last year 

What I’m saying is one point based on age , potential and international caps we might have asked for about £4m but now due to too much versatility , limited continued development I’d say we’d be lucky to get 2m tops  

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve always been in favour of the approach you sell players for £3m you spend the £3m you generated turn use your budget sparingly on fee paying loans 

e.g. sell knight for £2-2.5m , Sibley £750k, Bielik for £1m 

use that on 4-5 players so five players at roughly £750,000 each 

Hell no

Knight worth at least 10m.

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Signings I’d like 

Ogbene - Free Rotherham  W

Pennington- Free Shrewsbury CB

Key - Free Exeter RB 

Jacobs Free Portsmouth W / House undisclosed Lincoln W 

Robertson Free - Portsmouth CB / Roberts Free - Brighton CB

Moxon - undisclosed- Carlisle CM

rodrigues - Undisclosed Notts C LW

May -   Free Cheltenham  CF 

Langstaff  undisclosed Notts C CF / Effiong Undisclosed Dagenham CF 

outs 

sibley 

knight 

thompson 

bielik 

davies 

stearman

chester 

I keep sibley as not had really run of games has he.

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Not in a million years he hasn’t got a definite position , doesn’t score enough abs hasn’t exactly lit up league 1

Is that he plays for irland and call him lrand messy then.