Embargo and Transfer restrictions lifted

B4ev6is

This is absolutely brilliant news and gives us the freedom to finally rebuild the club for long term success. 

It isn’t always about relatively big money signings, but finding players who can grow and develop at the club. Players who have their future invested in the club doing well. 

It will be interesting to see how far we push the envelope, but ultimately it means we can start trading players and reinvest funds. The likes of Bird, Bielik and Knight can now be moved on with a benefit to ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

To be fair, we were only told that this is what the Club were planning for, but that it had got to be approved by the EFL.

Obviously for Radio Derby to announce it, things must have moved on from then. 

Be careful admitting you know secrets from the charter meetings on here Angie, it causes stress for some. 😂

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Now we’ve established he’s not on a free (I duly stand corrected) he wouldn’t be a bad signing if we were to lose/move on a couple of our midfielders 

I think he's be out of our price range to be honest. I'd expect we'll have a modest transfer budget, say £1m ish, but it'd probably take most if not all of that to get Brannagan.

Edit: just re-read your post, and yes I guess it could be possible if Knight or Bird were sold for a higher amount.

Edited by Carnero

I wonder if the same decision would have been made, if we were still involved in the play offs.

Have the EFL decided that they will be far too busy laying into the likes of Birmingham, Reading and Peterborough etc and it’s maybe time to lay off Derby County for a bit, hence we will still be monitored by the EFL against our own budget and business plan.

Will the EFL and their officials be far too busy destroying other teams on the pitch instead of Derby County? 

Wouldn’t it be great to watch a live game of football involving Derby County where we could actually talk to our mates after the game or on social media without having to mention the EFL and their lousy officials and just discuss the football.

Fantastic.

@Caerphilly Ram just gone back and checked the story from when Blackpool nearly signed Brannagan last summer, they triggered his release clause which was thought to be in the region of £1.2m according to the Blackpool Gazette. You'd think that there would be a fairly similar release clause in his current contract, signed after he rejected the Blackpool move.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@Caerphilly Ram just gone back and checked the story from when Blackpool nearly signed Brannagan last summer, they triggered his release clause which was thought to be in the region of £1.2m according to the Blackpool Gazette. You'd think that there would be a fairly similar release clause in his current contract, signed after he rejected the Blackpool move.

Fair enough, scratch that one then