England - Euro 2024 qualifiers

littleover ram

International football is largely garbage. There is no format to make it more interesting, and the Nations League glorified friendlies won’t change that.

Not only are 80% of international matches uncompetitive, the quality just isn’t anywhere near as good as club level.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

International football is largely garbage. There is no format to make it more interesting, and the Nations League glorified friendlies won’t change that.

Not only are 80% of international matches uncompetitive, the quality just isn’t anywhere near as good as club level.

I'll agree with all of that, Just got home from watching BTFC, Would normally have stayed behind to watch the game, Our National football team just doesn't do owt for me 🙄

Well, that reminded me what it was like watching LR's Derby. Pedestrian, but nevermind, England had 68% possession and twice as many passes, so it must have been entertaining.

I did see a bit of Warne ball though, Kane (Cashin) from just inside their half sprays a 50 yard diagonal pass (long ball) to our wide player Walker (NML), who runs on to it and scores our only goal.

Fortunately, we didn't have many goal kicks, otherwise we would have been in total panic, passing it around our own penalty area.

From what I saw we (England) don’t seem to do the counter attack. We are supposed to be most dangerous in the opposition final third. 
Why does it look to me like Harry Kane is at most playing defensive midfield??

Anyone running forward has to check back?

I haven’t much of a problem with the defence. Surely our attack is our strong point.

Southgate is a waist coat w***** , I'm not a big fan of Warne but dislike Souhgate as a manager so much I would rather have Warne as England Manager.

Why play Henderson he's slow lacks creativity and is nowhere near good enough to start never mind as an 8 in the same midfield as Rice ,almost like he's secretly Scottish sent as agent McSouthgate. We should play 4231 with Rice and Bellingham in a double pivot and play a high press.

Like this :

Pickford

Walker Stones (when fit) Tomori Shaw

Rice  Bellingham 

Saka           Foden.      Rash/Grealish

Kane

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Southgate is just too corporate/media trained. Everything about him is dull. The choices he makes for the squad/subs and tactics dull dull dull. The football dull. The word salad he spouts dull dull. In case you haven't guessed just think he is mr dull from dullsville.

I errr on the side of Mr Dull from Cautiousville. Boring, what a waste of exciting talent.

Edited by RoyMac5

Sometimes being dull/pragmatic is needed, but i think Southgate has had his chance, done a solid job and should pass the baton on to the next person.

Shame Potter went to Chelsea when he did, he was a shoe in for after the WC until he went there. That said he's hardly Mr Charisma. 

17 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Sometimes being dull/pragmatic is needed, but i think Southgate has had his chance, done a solid job and should pass the baton on to the next person.

Shame Potter went to Chelsea when he did, he was a shoe in for after the WC until he went there. That said he's hardly Mr Charisma. 

Funny you mention charisma though… I bet Sven’s better thought of than Southgate despite having a better squad and not even making a semi (Ulrika aside)

On 10/09/2023 at 09:19, Marriot Ram99 said:

Southgate is a waist coat w***** , I'm not a big fan of Warne but dislike Souhgate as a manager so much I would rather have Warne as England Manager.

Why play Henderson he's slow lacks creativity and is nowhere near good enough to start never mind as an 8 in the same midfield as Rice ,almost like he's secretly Scottish sent as agent McSouthgate. We should play 4231 with Rice and Bellingham in a double pivot and play a high press.

Like this :

Pickford

Walker Stones (when fit) Tomori Shaw

Rice  Bellingham 

Saka           Foden.      Rash/Grealish

Kane

A high press… with Harry Kane up front… 

Southgate is under contract until the end of next year, fully expect him to leave after the Euro's, not a day before. I suspect the FA will create a role for him upstairs, whack technical in the title to make it sound all fancy.

Always said Frank Lampard will be an England manager, this will be controversial, just think the FA will go that way.

Regardless of what some of our fans believe, from the outside he did a great job at Derby. Then went to a difficult situation at Chelsea, did alright and was harshly shown the door. Rocked up at Everton who are in a complete mess, just ask Dyche, then leaped into another fire back at Chelsea.

I don't think his reputation will have taken that big of a hit with those at the FA, let's not forget Southgate's CV prior to getting the job.

Even if he doesn't get the job, can be sure he will be interviewed. 

Realistically though, who are the other candidates?

Lee Carsley making the step up from the U21s? Nah.

Potter if still available is a possibility, although I suspect he will land a PL job.

Howe and Cooper will be talked about.

Other than that we're looking for a foreigner which cannot be ruled out, wouldn't be the first time we went down that path.