England - Euro 2024 qualifiers

littleover ram

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I would say Ward Prowse is exactly that type of midfielder, one to play passes for tempo from deeper, Trent would also do the role well.

He is nearer than the others, he is good enough to play for England? I'd pick him ahead of Kalvin-Phillips at this stage. Southgate doesn't seem to fancy him.

I think if TAA played there for Liverpool he'd be starting regularly for England there, but he isn't.

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I do find rashford frustrating sometimes. We don’t look too great at the back. 

Me too. He's a player I really like, but he does blow hot and cold. Tonight he's been poor. He's getting no change out of his defender and his passing is hit and miss at best.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Me too. He's a player I really like, but he does blow hot and cold. Tonight he's been poor. He's getting no change out of his defender and his passing is hit and miss at best.

I'd be having Watkins ready on 60 if he doesn't improve.

We are really missing Saka. He's quite a way ahead of Foden IMO.

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Eh? Ward-Prowse isn’t the type to receive the ball in tight spaces but still keep things ticking over.

Trent definitely isn’t. If he’s going to develop into a midfielder he’ll end up a the type to zip passes forward from deep. That’s no guarantee though. It’s totally different drifting in-field and coming onto the ball then zipping one forward than it is receiving it on the back-foot half-turn and doing it.

Hughes and Winks aren't close to that level.

I actually back Ward Prowse to be near and tidy in tight spaces, nothing special. Trent has the technical ability to do it.

12 minutes ago, sage said:

He is nearer than the others, he is good enough to play for England? I'd pick him ahead of Kalvin-Phillips at this stage. Southgate doesn't seem to fancy him.

I think if TAA played there for Liverpool he'd be starting regularly for England there, but he isn't.

Southgate plays plenty of players out of position, Trent is one that would make more sense than maddison on the wing.