V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

Whilst the results tonight mean everybody's rearends are now twitching, I honestly don't think it was even that bad. Just tired/old/slow/young/inexperienced. Struggle to see what else you can do to make the midfield more competitive. Effectively had two DM's in there tonight and we got nowhere near them at times. 

Fine for 59 minutes, even weathered the "storm" after HT. But momentum changes games, they got that from another Derby mistake. A s*** corner and a terrible penalty decision later and the games turned on it's head. Subs gave us nothing. Dobbin and Springett seriously lacking in quality. Collins completely ineffective (as was Didzy tbf). Plymouth the better team without having to create much, just more athletic and much more quality on the ball.

Luckily for us we don't have to play Plymouth every week. Oxford, Fleetwood, Forest Green and MK Dons in our next 6. If you think we can't pick up enough points to stay relevant then fair doo's. I'm not too confident we'll make waves in the Play Offs but I think we're more than good enough to get there. Hang on in there chaps and lasses. 

Outfought and outthought against a okay team. But our players really looked second best in most situations today. Can't really see the fight from last season in them. The biggest concern seems to be that we doesn't really seem to have a clear ambition of how to play. Try to find McGoldrick and hope he can create some magic isn't sustainable. Also the decision making of some of our players seem dodgy. Managed to transform some great opportunities to shots in our box at times. Hopefully we can turn it around again but I am really worried now. We might actually miss play off which would be a surprise since most of the teams in this division looks really mediocre.  

We were dominant first half again, a couple of breaks aside. Second half they upped it, we missed the Barkhuizen header, they got their moment and then as per Saturday we got robbed by a cheating forward for a penalty.

No point saying this player or that player could have, should have, or would have done better. They're top two for a reason and we were the bettter team over 90 minutes. We are what we are and we can still hit top 6. Don't panic, don't give over to anger. We go again.

Can't agree with the anti-Plymouth sentiment. They don't have the financial advantages of a Sheff Weds or an Ipswich and have steadily built up their squad to get to where they are now. Any promotion would be entirely deserved. Yes, their player dived but Argyle don't have the monopoly on players sh1thousing. Cheating and soft penalties are a scourge in the game but until the authorities have any desire to act then it will continue to ruìn many a match.

Thought we were poor tonight. Hopefully Warne will address the soft underbelly in CM (adding Smith, Sibley or Rooney maybe?) and we can try our luck in the playoffs. I felt almost all the cute, creative play came from Plymouth and that is a concern. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Inane dribbling by Dobbin 

And yet without his contributions so far this season we’d be worse off. Can’t you see objectively that he has contributed to the teams position in the league? Yes he could have scored some chances that went begging, but if he hadn’t scored or assisted others we’d be worse off. It’s hard not to think you’re just on the wind up when the majority of your contributions to this thread started after we conceded and I reckon the vast majority of your other posts are just attacks on one player. IT IS A TEAM SPORT! The team didn’t perform well enough, Dobbin couldn’t win the game on his own today any more than Collins, Mendez Laing, McGoldrick, Knight, Hourihane, Sibley et al, yet he’s the only one you single out AGAIN. It’s so tedious.

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

This team lacks steel and grit. Some decent enough players, but we need some hard men in this league

Bang on the money . 

This team lacks that steel factor when the tide turns on the pitch ... the players who can  step up and fight the tide ... we have'nt got them

The Shrewsbury game was dead at HT but we draw it .. and this .. . I'm losing faith with this team to win games in a Play off situation... we are lacking a few kind of players who will stand up .

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Ultimately we have to deal with it, because being humped by match officials isn’t going to go away. But we shouldn’t have to. Not the number of times that we have to.

I don't agree. I think there are a few teams better than us, more solid than us, in this division and the table is about right. The 'EFL hates us' thing is getting boring now and bordering on conspiracy theory. We aren't quite good enough or sharp enough for top two and we need to dig in for the playoffs. I'm much more worried about the fact we look leggy and sloppy at times than I am about the Great Conspiracy Against Derby. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is just symptomatic of having a cobbled together squad thrown together at the start of the season that we didn't really enhance any in January.

If you want to lay that at Warnes door then you really are totally myopic. 

Why didn't we enhance in January? We did a pretty good job in the summer but not so good in January. I don't blame Warne for the fact that we have now kissed goodbye to any chance of automatic promotion, but I would blame him if we fail even to make the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sky praising the referee ???

What are these pundits on about? You can clearly see him throw himself whilst in the air.

Are the rules "if there is the minute possibility of any contact in the box, and the attacker throws himself to floor as if he has been hacked, then that definitely deserves a free shot at goal from the spot"?