V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

4 minutes ago, OssieEnd said:

Bang on the money . 

This team lacks that steel factor when the tide turns on the pitch ... the players who can  step up and fight the tide ... we have'nt got them

The Shrewsbury game was dead at HT but we draw it .. and this .. . I'm losing faith with this team to win games in a Play off situation... we are lacking a few kind of players who will stand up .

But few games ago forum full of people saying "we'd have lost that under Liam or last season". Unfortunately small squad who look very tired now in second half of games. One of their players when interviewed mentioned their manager had said we concede a lot of goals after 60 minutes and they went for it. Our coaching team need to look at and address this as becoming game plan for other teams

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He is never going to persuade me unless he knuckles down and starts to change or control games ! So far he has maybe made his mark in the odd game but generally goes hiding. 

Again there’s little rationale to your thinking, but I’m all too aware that’s the case, in truth I don’t know why yet again I’m trying to help you be more balanced in your thinking. A quick tally of games in which he has score or assisted suggests we’d be 9 points worse off without his contributions. Yet you’re singling him out repeatedly because as a 20 year old playing his first full season of competitive men’s football he isn’t dominating games like prime Ronaldo or Messi?! 

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He is never going to persuade me unless he knuckles down and starts to change or control games ! So far he has maybe made his mark in the odd game but generally goes hiding. 

he's not hiding - he's just young and inexperienced. If he wasnt wouldnt be in league 1 thats for sure

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would we get the goal scrubbed out if they did call out the penalty to be a blatant dive?

No of course not, but it would be refreshing. As it would for a player clearly shown to have dived to receive a retrospective ban. You do appear to be very unnecessarily argumentative at times Tyler - that wasn’t even a relevant point to the discussion was it. 

Whilst that was never a penalty (and how Sky suggested there was contact il never know) we need to look at ourselves properly. Plymouth are a good side and are second for a reason - they were always going to come out in that second half fighting and we allowed them to. 

How many times did we over hit a pass, rush our play or loop a header straight back to them when a white shirt was free close by??

We caused the pressure ourselves and we need to start learning from it. Warne’s philosophy of getting the ball forward quickly works when on the ascendancy but sometimes you need to slow it down and take control and we simply aren’t doing that when we need to and it’s costing us points!! 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

But few games ago forum full of people saying "we'd have lost that under Liam or last season". Unfortunately small squad who look very tired now in second half of games. One of their players when interviewed mentioned their manager had said we concede a lot of goals after 60 minutes and they went for it. Our coaching team need to look at and address this as becoming game plan for other teams

Not sure how he’s going to address it though. He’s ran the team into the ground, and he seemingly has no other tactical ideas other than run around a lot, so…

Just now, cj9a408 said:

Whilst that was never a penalty (and how Sky suggested there was contact il never know) we need to look at ourselves properly. Plymouth are a good side and are second for a reason - they were always going to come out in that second half fighting and we allowed them to. 

How many times did we over hit a pass, rush our play or loop a header straight back to them when a white shirt was free close by??

We caused the pressure ourselves and we need to start learning from it. Warne’s philosophy of getting the ball forward quickly works when on the ascendancy but sometimes you need to slow it down and take control and we simply aren’t doing that when we need to and it’s costing us points!! 

That's where we miss Bird 

10 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I don't agree. I think there are a few teams better than us, more solid than us, in this division and the table is about right. The 'EFL hates us' thing is getting boring now and bordering on conspiracy theory. We aren't quite good enough or sharp enough for top two and we need to dig in for the playoffs. I'm much more worried about the fact we look leggy and sloppy at times than I am about the Great Conspiracy Against Derby. 

You are right that we are struggling, in part because we have such limits on the squad, and we are looking leggy because Warne has us playing a high energy game without the size of squad to keep us fit enough. But if you want to think we get the same number of bad decisions against as every other club, you can. 

8 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Warne been interviewed yet?

Yeah, probably the unhappiest he’s been to date on his RD interview.

Some home truths apparently laid out in the dressing room. Obviously not happy with the “pen”.

Apparently the ref apologised to Korey Smith FFS.