V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

No of course not, but it would be refreshing. As it would for a player clearly shown to have dived to receive a retrospective ban. You do appear to be very unnecessarily argumentative at times Tyler - that wasn’t even a relevant point to the discussion was it. 

I just don't see any value for us of some so called pundits on Sky saying whether it was a penalty or not.

I'm surprised you watched the game with the volume on as am sure you can make your own mind on the match. 

Was trying to say it's done now so whether the Sky pundits say it's a peno or not doesn't matter one iota to the outcome am afraid. Bitter pill to swallow I know. 

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

You are right that we are struggling, in part because we have such limits on the squad, and we are looking leggy because Warne has us playing a high energy game without the size of squad to keep us fit enough. But if you want to think we get the same number of bad decisions against as every other club, you can. 

If we keep conceding poor goals and dubious penalties and not keeping the ball when we are winning we will always struggle.

1 minute ago, Diego said:

Yeah, probably the unhappiest he’s been to date on his RD interview.

Some home truths apparently laid out in the dressing room. Obviously not happy with the “pen”.

Apparently the ref apologised to Korey Smith FFS.

To late ref should have ruled out.

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure how he’s going to address it though. He’s ran the team into the ground, and he seemingly has no other tactical ideas other than run around a lot, so…

Potentially go back to his preferred formation at Rotherham with a back 3. Curtis on the pitch with Forsyth and Cashin may add that bit of leadership and steel that’s been missing. Sibley or Roberts as the lwb, NML as the rwb with Smith, Hourihane and Knight in midfield and Collins and McGoldrick up top. Solid at the back and in midfield with options going forward? I’m aware it’s the umpteenth tactical suggestion I’ve thrown out there this evening, can just see it’s not quite working for us at the moment and would like to see something change 

9 penalties conceded. I would say at least half of those were debatable from memory, prob more. Today's was 100% not a pen but a bookable dive. The fact the ref apologised is simply not good enough. If he had a doubt then play on.  These decisions change games, as it did today. Shockingly poor but as per, no-one suffers other than Derby. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I just don't see any value for us of some so called pundits on Sky saying whether it was a penalty or not.

I'm surprised you watched the game with the volume on as am sure you can make your own mind on the match. 

Was trying to say it's done now so whether the Sky pundits say it's a peno or not doesn't matter one iota to the outcome am afraid. Bitter pill to swallow I know. 

But Sky calling out players for cheating may go some way to eradicating it from the game. Having them basically praising it is disgusting.

Shame to see the season starting to drift away but not a surprise with a squad of over 30s and under 22s. It’s a long season and at some point it would bite our squad, not being able to strengthen in Jan due to restrictions not helping. I did say at the time that, neat as he may be, White is too lightweight especially considering we already have Hourihane and Bird who are equally good on the ball but no good in a physical battle. Plymouth are up there (and others like Barnsley) not because of silky skills, but at times pure brute force with players with physique who will wear our midfield down eventually, running hard for 90 mins. Plymouth has a track record of winning games in the second half, we are now seeing the opposite.

Please no more ‘nice, neat’ players like White and Hourihane. When we are next allowed a recruitment policy it has to deal with the physical aspects. We are desperate for a lower league hairy arsed midfield enforcer (is Roy Kent available ?)

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure how he’s going to address it though. He’s ran the team into the ground, and he seemingly has no other tactical ideas other than run around a lot, so…

Agreed but thats why we're fans and his team are paid to coach. Its just disappointing but with our restrictions expected. 

Just now, BucksRam said:

9 penalties conceded. I would say at least half of those were debatable from memory, prob more. Today's was 100% not a pen but a bookable dive. The fact the ref apologised is simply not good enough. If he had a doubt then play on.  These decisions change games, as it did today. Shockingly poor but as per, no-one suffers other than Derby. 

To add though, it was a different side second half. Sluggish, poor control, no press, especially in midfield. Lack of strength & depth finally telling? Warne very honest in his post match interview. He said more in fact, in what he consciously didn't say. Not a happy bunny. 

if by chance we do get into the play offs, our record against the top teams is dismal, so my expectations are very low

If by chance we win the play offs, then next season could by a disaster. As we not be able to improve the squad and we’d be playing better teams every week

i think the season after next is when we can look forward to some success

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But Sky calling out players for cheating may go some way to eradicating it from the game. Having them basically praising it is disgusting.

Yep they did - saying foot was out snd you will pay if players there with better game management skills or some waffle  ie diving/cheating. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Potentially go back to his preferred formation at Rotherham with a back 3. Curtis on the pitch with Forsyth and Cashin may add that bit of leadership and steel that’s been missing. Sibley or Roberts as the lwb, NML as the rwb with Smith, Hourihane and Knight in midfield and Collins and McGoldrick up top. Solid at the back and in midfield with options going forward? I’m aware it’s the umpteenth tactical suggestion I’ve thrown out there this evening, can just see it’s not quite working for us at the moment and would like to see something change 

We were catastrophically awful when we played 3 at the back.  It doesn’t suit any of our players.  You can’t play Curtis on the right of a back 3, he’ll get destroyed whenever he has to come out and engage a quick winger or fullback.  If you start playing wingers at wingback, you’re restricting their ability to get forward and create. If you play the likes of Roberts there, he isn’t good enough going forwards to be a primary creative player in the team.  And anyway, none of that solves the problem that the players are basically dead on their feet after 45 minutes of hard running.