Aden Flint gone to Sheff Wednesday, he was crap anyrode.

DCFC1388

2 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Well done to him, we share the goals about.... just the 8 points better off eh.

We started the season with only 6 contracted senior players, so it's kinda hollow banter, but massive congrats all the same ?

On that note, you'd best hope pray your lot are as wonderful as you seem to think, as you'll be getting a barrel load of stick on here if we steal your auto slot in the final game.

Hold my beer, will ya...

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This just epitomises what we’re up against with the business plan we are under. There are probably 6 teams who can out spend us, we are currently sat comfortably 4th so we are over performing, even Plymouth have more spending power than we do, but we’ve recruited well and don’t underestimate the impact of togetherness both players and fans. We’ll continue to overperform and have a good chance of promotion. 

FWIW I don’t think we’ll add anyone before the deadline now and we’ll go with what we have.

Absolutely right BR.  I suspect we may have been in for Flint and/or Nelson, but the clubs mentioned that they are going too can currently out gun us with a financial package. 

As soon as we show interest in any player coming to the end of their contract their agent will no doubt hawk them around and use our interest to push for better deals elsewhere.  

The feeling that the EFL still have us by the short and curly's sticks in the throat but it's what we have to deal with.

I feel we do need to recruit this window with the squad being so small.  An injury in a key area and it could quickly derail a promotion challenge, so that's why I disagree in that we'll go with what we have, although I feel sure it will be another loan or two, probably a RB and CF.

Another re-build in the summer, hopefully as a Championship club.

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

35 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We started the season with only 6 contracted senior players, so it's kinda hollow banter, but massive congrats all the same ?

On that note, you'd best hope pray your lot are as wonderful as you seem to think, as you'll be getting a barrel load of stick on here if we steal your auto slot in the final game.

Hold my beer, will ya...

OK sunshine.

Just now, walkleyowl said:
37 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

with only 6 contracted senior players, so it's kinda hollow banter, but massive congrats all the same ?

Hold my beer, will ya...

OK sunshine.

Mi popcorn"s on  order , and the beer will be cooling 

43 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Mi popcorn"s on  order , and the beer will be cooling 

They've got Plymouth and Ipswich in their next two games, we've got Morecambe and Wycombe. If they win those games then they're out of reach. If they don't, it's game on.

Either way, seems a tad premature to be giving it the big 'un . Last time I checked, the season didn't end until May ?‍♂️

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

They've got Plymouth and Ipswich in their next two games, we've got Morecambe and Wycombe. If they win those games then they're out of reach. If they don't, it's game on.

Either way, seems a tad premature to be giving it the big 'un . Last time I checked, the season didn't end until May ?‍♂️

Two draws and two wins and it’s seriously game on ?

1B5973D6-F44F-4394-B34D-EC905036CE05.gif

15 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Absolutely right BR.  I suspect we may have been in for Flint and/or Nelson, but the clubs mentioned that they are going too can currently out gun us with a financial package. 

As soon as we show interest in any player coming to the end of their contract their agent will no doubt hawk them around and use our interest to push for better deals elsewhere.  

The feeling that the EFL still have us by the short and curly's sticks in the throat but it's what we have to deal with.

I feel we do need to recruit this window with the squad being so small.  An injury in a key area and it could quickly derail a promotion challenge, so that's why I disagree in that we'll go with what we have, although I feel sure it will be another loan or two, probably a RB and CF.

Another re-build in the summer, hopefully as a Championship club.

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

So, how were we able to sign the likes of Hourihane and Mendez Laing in the summer? You’re not telling me we weren’t up against the same clubs for them? Not only clubs in our league but Championship clubs too? I think we can could have signed Flint if we had really wanted to

15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

So, how were we able to sign the likes of Hourihane and Mendez Laing in the summer? You’re not telling me we weren’t up against the same clubs for them? Not only clubs in our league but Championship clubs too? I think we can could have signed Flint if we had really wanted to

My take on Flint.  He’s only interested in the highest bid, (fair enough) he doesn’t want a project (it’s just a job to him) he’s probably a Florest fan (would explain why we’ve missed out twice)

Yeah at the end of the day it probably wasn't that we could afford to pay him more than Wednesday were offering, just that we didn't want to. Anyway we don't need another mid 30's has been. I think Davies will get fit and play a part the rest of the season and we have Rooney who is only going to get better with time  

I think this might be for the best anyway. He would only have been coming in as cover and no doubt at the top end of what we could offer any player. His form clearly hasn't been great either and I'd rather we didn't waste what budget we have left on someone who isn't as committed to the cause as those we already have. 

A younger loan option might suit us better. 

9 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Didn't Liam explain that they met in a restaurant and had a very long chat, set out his vision and sold the club to Hourihane?