Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Some of our fans on twitter having a go at Warne are absolutely ridiculous.

No team would get relegated from the Championship, come back for pre season with 5 players and get anywhere near to promotion from League One. The fact we're 7th is a miracle in itself.

We don't have a right back, we have 2 wingers (Ones injured) the squad at full strength is unbelievably short. Take 5 regulars out and we're threadbare.

The game management today after going down to 10 men was so poor. But these players make such poor decisions at times, going directly against what they've been told to do.

All Warne can do is work with what we've got, which isn't a lot. Get through this month, get some of the injured players back and get to January.

We need at the very least a right back, a midfield enforcer and a winger. But I think we'll get more than that.

Clowes said himself that there will be a period of consolidation.

Yeah but he's not Liam which seems to be some posters biggest issue.

When was the last time we carried out a routine / no frills win? 

Sure it’s a Derby thing for years now. I remember still being worried when we were 3 up at HT to Forest in 13/14. 

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I didn't love getting rid of Rosenior as I'd have given him until christmas. If we'd replaced him with a manager who had demonstrated a record of success at league 1 playing a brand of football that wasn't an anathema to our squad I'd have been more on board. Turning us into Rothwarne FC is a move I was and remain skeptical about. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I didn't love getting rid of Rosenior as I'd have given him until christmas. If we'd replaced him with a manager who had demonstrated a record of success at league 1 playing a brand of football that wasn't an anathema to our squad I'd have been more on board. Turning us into Rothwarne FC is a move I was and remain skeptical about. 

Warne hasnt got a record of success in league 1????

And this squad were even more s*** under Rosenior,a man who no record of success at all....and,let's not forget,were getting steadily worse prior to him being replaced.

26 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

For the most part I agree. Although I don't think a play off place is beyond us at the end of the season. I believe we will get better as the season goes on. It was poor game management today but we are struggling big time with injuries and suspensions. 

No it's not. Getting to January still in touch and we'll have a chance.

It wasn’t pleasant watching the second half.  Yet again we were harried and bullied out of a game.  They definitely deserved their draw, not via skill, or great football - but shear bloody hard work.

A great result for them, a big pay day from the replay awaits.

Cashin’s foul was stupid, Fozzy would have got a challenge in - we have got to stop leaking penalties.

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It really isn't, maybe bar a couple of exceptions. It's a divisive and dismissive rhetoric and I think people are probably getting a bit sick of it now tbh. It isn't Rosenior Vs Warne, it never really has been.

There was always a risk when changing to Warne's style that some things could get worse before they got better, there would be rocky patches as a result of his appointment because his approach wouldn't suit the squad. 

It's why some were more cautious than others despite the first 2 games under him being away wins. I said myself I hope that people are prepared for / have the stomach to see us through the rough bits whilst we adapted, it would appear that they are and have not.

Some people are letting their frustration of some short term performances & results get the better of them, but this was always going to happen when the hype was so strong to begin with.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We were in control until the sending off that was totally unnecessary. In the end they were good for their replay.

And if we’d had a penalty when Dobbin was pushed (pretty similar deals) it would have been a different game. Meh ! We didn’t lose, we played for a big chunk with 10 men. I’m just sucking this one up. It was a cup tie. It happens The only pain is Cashin suspended, he’s such a key player and our paper thin squad having to play another game. 

Torquay stuck their chests out, fought and with a a bit of Cup good luck earned the draw. I am still trying to remember sometime in the last 5 years where we got our fair share of “wins” from refereeing decisions but that’s a feeble excuse. Just hope we don’t get pasted at Anfield (or any injuries cards and general spanner’s in the works) 

Just got in from the game

Was never a red. Ever. Lino and ref didn't have a clue what was going on and lost control at that point

Pitch was a bog in real bad weather. 

Our 'fans' were toxic-the muppet that streaked tried to fight an old boy at half time for nothing, then him and his mate started on Wildsmith, the stewards refused to throw them out for some reason though before they interrupted the game-absolute ricks

Derby looked non league, game went when nml came off

Got what we deserved 

God I love football - thanks David Clowes ?

13 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Cashin’s foul was stupid, Fozzy would have got a challenge in - we have got to stop leaking penalties.

Quite likely we’d have put a couple more past them if we’d kept 11 on the (awful) pitch. Apart from atone, the first thing Cashin needs to do is get himself some decent studs