Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

25 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

We might be old and decrepit (I’m on the front row) but the majority of the people in the photo manage to get our backsides out of the armchair to follow Derby home and away anywhere in the country. Yourself?

Most people can't afford it, no need to stoop to his level.

41 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Torquay are dreaming of a big pay-day to come at PP. They could arrive to find only one stand open , like the Grimsby game.We only sold half our away allocation and if it it on telly again , who’s going to want to get out of their armchairs on a cold night to see Torquay?

Yes my thoughts also interviewing there player who scored at the end thought it would be 20K-maybe 30k,not a chance it will be close to 15k at best thats even if there is a price reduction

1 hour ago, Mrso said:

Why might we have won 4-0?  We weren't that much better than them and they already looked like scoring.  But I think the post you're replying to was more about the manager's apparent post-game mindset which appeared more disheartened than most of the fans.  He needs to lead the club out of setbacks, not seem like the one most affected by them (even if he is). 

They managed two shots on target all game, plus a couple of nearish-misses, and possession ended up marginally in their favour at 51/49%. For all their huff and puff, we'd handled the game pretty well up to the sending off. We had Dobbin shoved over in the area with nothing given and Osula held back on the half-way line chasing a through ball that he would have got to first if not impeded, so I don't think Alf is being one-eyded saying that.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Where did the ref get an extra 1 minute & 10 seconds from, for the added time, when the 4th official showed just 4 minutes?

Minimum of 4mins, Pretty much like the Birmingham game a few years back when 3mins went up and he played 7mins just so Brum could equalise ? 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

We might be old and decrepit (I’m on the front row) but the majority of the people in the photo manage to get our backsides out of the armchair to follow Derby home and away anywhere in the country. Yourself?

Oh, it’s like taking candy off a baby.?

Happy Chicago Fire GIF by NBC

17 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If you are trying a draw a comparison based on a single game for each manager then you are clearly deluded.

I’ll not judge Warne until the end of the season (unless things really go pear shaped) and even then we’ll never know if LR would have done better with the players at his disposal.

I'm not deluded, I'm just not having rubbish quotes like; 

And this squad were even more s*** under Rosenior,a man who no record of success at all....and,let's not forget,were getting steadily worse prior to him being replaced'. 

That is absolute nonsense - we had just beaten Wycombe after a good performance and were in the top 6 when Rosenior was given the boot. If LR can be scapegoated by some for the football his team played after only a handful of games this season why should Warne be treated any differently after a similar number of games played? We haven't improved under him, the performance against Bristol Rovers was a result of him having to play a conventional formation due to injuries, not because he was doing what he thought would work. 

I'm not going to judge Warne on yesterday's performance - I've never rated him as a manager but he is here for the long haul as it stands and I'm a ST holder so I'll keeping going and hope for the best. 

50 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

All those people moaning about not being able to get tickets for away games, and yet only 600 of us could be arsed to go yesterday. 

Really poor.

An apparent ballsache of a ticketing process, the 2nd in a run of 5 consecutive away games in November, poor weather and game on terrestrial TV - I don't find it too surprising. 

6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I'm not deluded, I'm just not having rubbish quotes like; 

And this squad were even more s*** under Rosenior,a man who no record of success at all....and,let's not forget,were getting steadily worse prior to him being replaced'. 

That is absolute nonsense - we had just beaten Wycombe after a good performance and were in the top 6 when Rosenior was given the boot. If LR can be scapegoated by some for the football his team played after only a handful of games this season why should Warne be treated any differently after a similar number of games played? We haven't improved under him, the performance against Bristol Rovers was a result of him having to play a conventional formation due to injuries, not because he was doing what he thought would work. 

I'm not going to judge Warne on yesterday's performance - I've never rated him as a manager but he is here for the long haul as it stands and I'm a ST holder so I'll keeping going and hope for the best. 

We had just beaten Wycombe after several poor performances and Liam had suddenly changed his philosophy for that game and had played much more directly (much more Warne like in fact)..this alteration in play and tactics was commented on at the time and looked to be a last throw of the dice in an effort to stop the rot of declining form and goals.......plus we still hadn't won away for a ridiculous number of games under Liam's direct control or whilst the senior coach in the squad "under" Rooney.

Consider that as rubbish if you wish but Wycombe was the blip for Liams tenureship rather than the norm i.m.o.

Whatever,he's gone,long gone and time to move onto supporting our current,contracted and non temporary manager.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

5 hours ago, jono said:

I think both pen appeals could be defined as soft. Dobbs would have been lucky to score but he was clearly fouled with an indisputable shove. Cash did pull his shirt which is a foul without doubt, but their player had effectively won the battle but chose to go down to make sure. But it’s our own stupid fault and a ref has to make a decision in a milli second. 

I have since read that Forsyth was asked by the ref if he was the guilty party. Doesn't that call into question what exactly the ref saw? Mistaking a 6 for a 3? Mistaking someone 6'3 without a beard for someone under 6' with a beard?

I remain disapointed at a few things, our 2nd half performance, their willingness to dive and the ref for being hoodwinked so easily.

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Zoom in, scan around, and don't just assume all poppies are the standard/obvious paper type, pinned to the outer left breast.

You might be pleasantly surprised.  ? 

LWF
xxx

Yep, there’s one other with a partially concealed poppy and the bloke with the outstretched arm has a metal badge. Can’t see any others so not pleasantly surprised though my eyes aren’t what they were (well, they were always my eyes but, you know what I mean..?

50 minutes ago, Crewton said:

An apparent ballsache of a ticketing process, the 2nd in a run of 5 consecutive away games in November, poor weather and game on terrestrial TV - I don't find it too surprising. 

Yeah, but you’re using common sense.

2 hours ago, DenbyRam said:

All those people moaning about not being able to get tickets for away games, and yet only 600 of us could be arsed to go yesterday. 

Really poor.

Like many, I could not justify the time and cost in going to what was affect 'on a hiding to nothing' type of game. I'm also sure the farcical ticketing arrangements didn't help. It's a shame, but I cannot take the FA Cup very seriously these days unlike in the 80's when I didn't miss any of our epic cup runs including Plymouth away.

Still, I will be at the next three away games and with a car off the road, just hoping public transport does not let me down!

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We had just beaten Wycombe after several poor performances and Liam had suddenly changed his philosophy for that game and had played much more directly (much more Warne like in fact)..this alteration in play and tactics was commented on at the time and looked to be a last throw of the dice in an effort to stop the rot of declining form and goals.......plus we still hadn't won away for a ridiculous number of games under Liam's direct control or whilst the senior coach in the squad "under" Rooney.

Consider that as rubbish if you wish but Wycombe was the blip for Liams tenureship rather than the norm i.m.o.

Whatever,he's gone,long gone and time to move onto supporting our current,contracted and non temporary manager.

803 touches of the ball in that Wycombe game. I(n the game before, Lincoln City, we had 838. If we were more direct in the Wycombe game (I don't believe we were), the evidence suggests we still knew how to retain the ball. In the recent Bristol Rovers game, under Warne, we had 463. I'm willing to bet all games since Warne took charge are fairly similar.

We had 5 away games under Rosenior, winning 1 and drawing 2.
Charlton - We were all over them, Collins hit the post at 0-0, and got done on the counter.
Mansfield - We won (something we didn't do with Warne)
Shrewsbury - One of those 
Fleetwood - heroic defending, and a keeper who put in a performance of a lifetime stopped us from winning.
Lincoln - Another game where a keeper put in a performance of a lifetime. Sloppy penalty given away early on cost us, and was the reason for us conceding the second (chasing an equaliser)

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I have since read that Forsyth was asked by the ref if he was the guilty party. Doesn't that call into question what exactly the ref saw? Mistaking a 6 for a 3? Mistaking someone 6'3 without a beard for someone under 6' with a beard?

The picture below has been printed in all the Daily Papers for a new game...spot the Ref, The headwind must have been gale-force 1001, His car insurance is provided by Confused.Com

image.thumb.png.3580ba490d38a6e33bac814f86e59537.png